Wednesday, May 23, 2012 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

TreehugginCowgirl
Best Self-Destruct Button

Re: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 Game Recap & Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by TreehugginCowgirl »

iowabelle wrote:All that came to my mind was "Madagascar lemur"... but I do know a lizard isn't a mammal. :D
And lemurs aren't lizards . . .

I went straight to komodo dragon until I reached mammal. Then I was on hippos and Sumatran rhinos. I considered lemurs and finally landed on the Kodiak bear, even though I was going to be annoyed if they used a subspecies as the answer. Tasmanian devils never crossed my mind . . . maybe if I hadn't gotten so hung up on rhinos :)

In other news, swept through Frost. Can we have a poetry category every game please?
billiej
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by billiej »

Vanya wrote:I wonder if this woman is thinking about BFQ.
"...the woman thought the bear looked hungry..."

At least she's perceptive.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

TreehugginCowgirl wrote:
iowabelle wrote:All that came to my mind was "Madagascar lemur"... but I do know a lizard isn't a mammal. :D
And lemurs aren't lizards . . .
Leapin' lemurs! :lol:
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

billiej wrote:

A friend of mine worked for over a decade as a park ranger in Yellowstone. The stories had about stupid human behavior in the presence of dangerous wild animals (ignoring "don't get out of car" signs, running across roads into meadows to get closer to bears/elk/moose for a photo, etc.) were just appalling. That's but one of the factors that has led me to the inexorable conclusion that bears are not only bigger, stronger and faster than us -- they are also smarter.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Woof wrote:
billiej wrote:

A friend of mine worked for over a decade as a park ranger in Yellowstone. The stories had about stupid human behavior in the presence of dangerous wild animals (ignoring "don't get out of car" signs, running across roads into meadows to get closer to bears/elk/moose for a photo, etc.) were just appalling. That's but one of the factors that has led me to the inexorable conclusion that bears are not only bigger, stronger and faster than us -- they are also smarter.
Did he originate the "There is significant overlap between the intelligence of the dumbest tourists and the smartest bears" quote? :D
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): WIthnail & I (7), An Autumn Afternoon (7), Europa Europa (7), Tampopo (9)