Trading: What I'm looking for

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

GameShowDude
Contributor

Trading: What I'm looking for

Post by GameShowDude »

I am a game show trader who collects classic Jeopardy episodes. Here are the eps. that I would love to get my hands on:

1994 Teen Tournament
1994 Seniors Tournament
1996 Teen Tournament finale that ended with a tiebreaker
1997 Teen Tournament eps. from Washington, DC
Feb. 1999 Teen Tournament
2001 International Tournament
2003: Last retired champion after 5 days

If anyone has all or some of these eps. and would like to trade please e-mail me at the address in my profile. There are more than 2,500 game show episodes in my collection. I look forward to hearing from you.
ahirbhairav

John Beck is with Kingskip

Post by ahirbhairav »

I believe kingskip's Rutube account has John Beck (the last 5-timer) in his first game. And I'd be interested in all of the ones you listed. Although I don't have them :(
Last edited by ahirbhairav on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Trading: What I'm looking for

Post by jeff6286 »

GameShowDude wrote:I am a game show trader who collects classic Jeopardy episodes. Here are the eps. that I would love to get my hands on:

1994 Teen Tournament
1994 Seniors Tournament

If anyone has all or some of these eps. and would like to trade please e-mail me at the address in my profile. There are more than 2,500 game show episodes in my collection. I look forward to hearing from you.
Asking for all those Teen Tournaments, what are you trying to do, get the FBI to start monitoring this site? ;)
ahirbhairav

Post by ahirbhairav »

Probably not. I'd be interested in any of the matches Amanda Goad played in (it's hard to find the '96 ToC anywhere, and besides, she won the spelling bee in 1992. She's a lawyer in New York, I believe.
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

I am kingskip from RuTube. Yes, I have John Beck's first game from June 13, 2003. I wish I could find some of those other tournaments you named, but no one seems to have them. It is very hard to find episodes from Seasons 10 and 11. I really want the 1996 Tournament of Champions finals as well, but no one seems to have them, except for a "dead" trader named Brad Francini who has not updated his site in years and does not respond to his email, which may not even exist anymore. For that matter, I'd really like to find any episodes from 1996 with the sushi bar set, but it seems 11/11/1996 and 12/25/1996 are the only episodes from then to exist on the trading circuit and many people have those two.
ahirbhairav

Post by ahirbhairav »

Tom Lakeman from YouTube was a 1-time champion in Season 10. He uploaded his first game there.

And I'd be interested in any of Brian Moore's games.
GameShowDude
Contributor

Post by GameShowDude »

I see on Brad Francini's site (which hasn't been updated in 3 years) he has the Feb. 1999 Teen Tournament. I asked him on Facebook if I could trade just for the last ep. of the tournament and he could pick 10 eps. from me. I have yet to hear from him.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

Well, didn't you guys get GSN when the 1996 Teen Tournament episodes and/or the 1996 TOC episodes were aired? I did. Maybe Jamie Locklin has those episodes, he too had GSN when those episodes were rerun. These tournament episodes, can all come down to the uploads of the contestants of the 1996 Teen Tournaments, and the 1996 TOC(in which the contestants' regular game runs could have at least 3 hours of the contestant's runs).
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

kingskip wrote:I am kingskip from RuTube. Yes, I have John Beck's first game from June 13, 2003. I wish I could find some of those other tournaments you named, but no one seems to have them. It is very hard to find episodes from Seasons 10 and 11. I really want the 1996 Tournament of Champions finals as well, but no one seems to have them, except for a "dead" trader named Brad Francini who has not updated his site in years and does not respond to his email, which may not even exist anymore. For that matter, I'd really like to find any episodes from 1996 with the sushi bar set, but it seems 11/11/1996 and 12/25/1996 are the only episodes from then to exist on the trading circuit and many people have those two.
Well, the only Season 10 and Season 11 episodes that have ever made it to the trading circuit are the selected Celebrity Tournament episodes that GSN aired when they had the GSSN marathon. There was a guy named Jaimal Ware who has those episodes and that's the one you listed who haven't traded with yet.
ahirbhairav

Post by ahirbhairav »

Would that mean the one featuring Alex asking a favor of "our dear friend Regis"? :lol:
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

ahirbhairav wrote:Would that mean the one featuring Alex asking a favor of "our dear friend Regis"? :lol:
That was from October 26, 1992 or April 30, 1998, the 2 episodes that Regis appeared on.
ahirbhairav

Post by ahirbhairav »

Ivoryface86 wrote:
ahirbhairav wrote:Would that mean the one featuring Alex asking a favor of "our dear friend Regis"? :lol:
That was from October 26, 1992 or April 30, 1998, the 2 episodes that Regis appeared on.
Um....or maybe 3 episodes? Anyways, he appeared in 1992 (the one I meant, sorry), 1998 where he lost to Stephen King real BAD, and the one you forgot, 2006 where he won when he was a dollar ahead of Carson Kressley.
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

Yes, Jaimal Ware has several 90s Celebrity Jeopardy episodes I would like. But he hasn't updated his site in years either, and he doesn't respond to his emails or facebook when I have tried contacting him in the past. I hear he's not very reliable, because on some other older traders sites, they said they sent their part to him but never heard back from him about what he was supposed to send them. I've tried contacting Brad Francini on facebook, but I had no luck with that either. The UCLA film archive has lots of rare episodes, but their not available to be checked out. I wish there was a way I could get a hold of those.
ahirbhairav

Post by ahirbhairav »

Actually, I'd say out of both, Brad Francini sounds like a better deal, since Jaimal Ware hasn't updated for the past 5-6 years, and Brad Francini last updated it around 2 to 3 years back.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

kingskip wrote:Yes, Jaimal Ware has several 90s Celebrity Jeopardy episodes I would like. But he hasn't updated his site in years either, and he doesn't respond to his emails or facebook when I have tried contacting him in the past. I hear he's not very reliable, because on some other older traders sites, they said they sent their part to him but never heard back from him about what he was supposed to send them. I've tried contacting Brad Francini on facebook, but I had no luck with that either. The UCLA film archive has lots of rare episodes, but their not available to be checked out. I wish there was a way I could get a hold of those.
What you should've done is start doing tape trading earlier like say, 2003 or 2004, those were the years that Ware and Francini were active in the trading proposal, it was just that way back then, there hasn't been one video sharing site that can let you upload full episodes. Now if you want to add in more episodes, try Greg Diener or Jay Fisher(howierules) or Seth Thrasher(now millioncolorsoflight), Ryan Rinkerman or even Chuck Donegan. Sure you can ask Tammy Warner about the J! episodes you want Daniel but she's been out of trading a few years back. About Adam Nedeff, he has the April 15, 1998 J! episode you can ask for if you can get a hold of him. Daniel, when did you first taste of seeing older J! episodes?
ahirbhairav

Post by ahirbhairav »

GameShowDude wrote:I am a game show trader who collects classic Jeopardy episodes. Here are the eps. that I would love to get my hands on:

1994 Teen Tournament
1994 Seniors Tournament

The 1994 teen tourney would be really nice to have, since the 2nd runner-up is now a commentator for the Spelling Bee.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

To Daniel(kingskip): The 1997 Teen Tournament in Washington DC episodes come from Seth(millioncolorsoflight), so if you can get a hold of him and possibly trade with him, you could. The 1996 Teen Tournament is easy to find since GSN aired that tournament but again, the full episode uploads(with fee plugs and/or closing credits from that tournament can all come down to the then teen contestants who participated in that tournament. Finally catnap1972 is uploading a lot after a 3 year hiatus on Youtube, so don't be surprised if that person uploads a J! episode from any season GSN aired during the green ball era years(even Jep! or Rock & Roll J!).
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

I have tried contacting Seth several times in the past, and he usually responds, but he is always busy and unavailable, so I have had no luck in getting a trade with him. I know he has lot of episodes I want. I have tried contacting Adam Nedeff in the past too, but he only responded a couple of times and he wasn't available either. I didn't discover trading until 2009. I was only 12 years old in 2003 so I couldn't have done it then. And I trade quite a bit with Ryan Rinkerman and Jay Fisher. I traded with Chuck Donegan once, and I want to trade with him again, but he doesn't respond to his email much either.
eddiejeopardyfan
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by eddiejeopardyfan »

To Daniel(kingskip): Are you ever going to upload the 4/7/2005 episode of Wheel of Fortune and the 4/25/1997 Jeopardy, etc. onto Rutube?
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

kingskip wrote:I traded with Chuck Donegan once, and I want to trade with him again, but he doesn't respond to his email much either.
Chuck Donegan is known as "WhatsAYak" on YouTube. You could try reaching him there, but I'm not 100% certain if it will work.