Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

AntmanB
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by AntmanB »

I really Like the Password Reboot. it kinda combines all the different versions except the Regis one, but mainly the the Original from the 50s and 60s. there is probably too much Jimmy Fallon and im not sure about the Redemption round but i really enjoyed it. Im socked of how good of a host Keke Palmer is and they did a Great Tribute to Betty White.
bkellysky
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bkellysky »

The new Password seemed frenetic to me and my wife.
Just trying too hard. I don't expect the hushed tones of Bill Cullen or Allen Ludden from when I watched when I was home from school. But they seem to be over the top, especially Jimmy Fallon, who seems to be working as hard as he can to make the show work.
Have to say, from the bit I watched, the contestants were very good at the game. I'm happy for the contestants, if they were enjoying it as much as it seemed they were.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Topps just emailed me letting me know my random Home Run Challenge guess (from two months ago that I forgot about the day after) ended up being right

So I'm getting a fancy Adolis Garcia baseball card mailed to me in the future. (Not the FANCY one, cause it wasn't a 425 ft HR, nor did I guess it to be one, but still.)

Edit: Apparently there's a color parallel -per month- on these things. And people redeem -stacks- for a shot. Baseball cards have changed a lot from the 90s...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
clprez

Post by clprez »

Saw this on twitter. Got a good laugh and had to share. I don't know if there's a way to to embed a tweet.

MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

Looking forward to the April fools episode where Kentwin hosts with an Aussie accent.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Here is a Ken Jennings doppelganger from 1961:
Golf
Wet Paper Bag Charmer

Post by Golf »

I bet if people really tried we could junk up the RIP thread even more with petty bickering.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Golf wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:30 pm I bet if people really tried we could junk up the RIP thread even more with petty bickering.
Where is line drawn for deaths relevant enough for J! (or LL) purposes to make the thread?

Peter Straub age 79
Joseph Hazelwood age 75

Yea or nay?
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:39 pm
Golf wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:30 pm I bet if people really tried we could junk up the RIP thread even more with petty bickering.
Where is line drawn for deaths relevant enough for J! (or LL) purposes to make the thread?

Peter Straub age 79
Joseph Hazelwood age 75

Yea or nay?
I would say "Yea" for Peter Straub. He has collaborated with Stephen King on some works of his.
Douglas Squasoni
Golf
Wet Paper Bag Charmer

Post by Golf »

Peter Straub age 79
Joseph Hazelwood age 75

Yea or nay?
For Jeopardy, I think the best way to be objective is if it has hits in the archive. If it has even one hit then I don't see how it wouldn't be valid. Sure you could argue if the last hit was 30 years ago. If it has no hits then it's almost certainly not relevant for Jeopardy purposes.

I have no experience with LL and therefore can't give a knowledgeable opinion.
Volante

Post by Volante »

Golf wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:20 pm

Peter Straub age 79
Joseph Hazelwood age 75

Yea or nay?
For Jeopardy, I think the best way to be objective is if it has hits in the archive. If it has even one hit then I don't see how it wouldn't be valid. Sure you could argue if the last hit was 30 years ago. If it has no hits then it's almost certainly not relevant for Jeopardy purposes.

I have no experience with LL and therefore can't give a knowledgeable opinion.
They do have overlooked death categories, but typically in those cases they spot you the name and ask for something easier. E.g., Hazelwood, they'd more likely ask for Exxon Valdez.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Heck yeah, if floridagator is going to make weird unfunny jokes in there I'll be glad to.
Golf
Wet Paper Bag Charmer

Post by Golf »

So good to see a fresh game recap thread started first thing in the morning. Would have posted this there but didn’t want to screw up the proper ordering of posts.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I started the RIP thread as a spin-off of the Current Events thread to draw attention to deaths that may not be noticed and would get lost in the clutter of the CE thread.

No, most of them aren't likely to pop up on the show but I'd argue a lot of stuff in the CE thread isn't either.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Is there an updated list of stations and air times for the new season?
Total game show career losings = $171,522
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

triviawayne wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:26 pm Is there an updated list of stations and air times for the new season?
This has the WXVT change to make me think it's current: http://jeopardy.mattcarberry.com/stations.html
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:31 pm
triviawayne wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:26 pm Is there an updated list of stations and air times for the new season?
This has the WXVT change to make me think it's current: http://jeopardy.mattcarberry.com/stations.html
Good you caught that change. I found this list, but nothing to show it is current. I guess it's current.

Thank you.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Volante

Post by Volante »

The anytime test commercial showing people trying to do it on their phone physically causes me pain...

How do you do that without a keyboard?!!??!
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Pyramid 9/18 had a category of: Let's Get Quizzical

Things a Jeopardy! champion might mention in their Tinder profile

"Jennings"
Nicole Byer: Oh, the new host!
Contestant: Mayim Bialik?
Nicole: No, man.
Contestant: Pass.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:20 am Pyramid 9/18 had a category of: Let's Get Quizzical

Things a Jeopardy! champion might mention in their Tinder profile

"Jennings"
Nicole Byer: Oh, the new host!
Contestant: Mayim Bialik?
Nicole: No, man.
Contestant: Pass.
Michael: Ken

Contestant: Jeong?
Douglas Squasoni