Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by jeff6286 »

Golf wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:15 am
MarkBarrett wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:12 am I'll check out the second week of the Feb. teen tourney at some point. Perhaps after 50 more repetitious posts about the same bloody thing.
Less than 12 hours later.....
Justin731994 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:23 am Check the second week of the February 2007 Teen Tournament for any more full credit rolls from that tournament, with no local promos, as soon as possible.
So, I guess we should be expecting the 2nd week to be ready in about 25 days? :D :roll:

I'm so mad that I can't stop venturing into that baffling thread.
Haha I don't entirely understand the purpose of that whole thread and project, or why Mark puts up with the absurd demands but he must have the patience of Job to never snap on these people.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I don’t even know what a full credit roll is or the interest in tracking down games that had them. There seem to be a number of credit rolls videos on YouTube, not sure why. (Hey, I have a bunch of old unarchived games, I bet people would love to see who the key grip was in 1987).
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Bamaman wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:43 pm I don’t even know what a full credit roll is or the interest in tracking down games that had them. There seem to be a number of credit rolls videos on YouTube, not sure why. (Hey, I have a bunch of old unarchived games, I bet people would love to see who the key grip was in 1987).
Hey, they have families

(Can anyone name the movie I got that from)
Total game show career losings = $171,522
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Catching some of WoF tonight I got hoity-toity hammered on:
Spoiler
Grilled Lobster Tails with DRAW_ Butter

Before the Ws were filled in just before the solve I had no idea on the next to last word. "drawn butter" rang no bells for me.
bkellysky
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bkellysky »

triviawayne wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:26 pm
Bamaman wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:43 pm I don’t even know what a full credit roll is or the interest in tracking down games that had them. There seem to be a number of credit rolls videos on YouTube, not sure why. (Hey, I have a bunch of old unarchived games, I bet people would love to see who the key grip was in 1987).
Hey, they have families

(Can anyone name the movie I got that from)
Love that line!
The Muppet Movie (I think the original, it was with Kermit and Fossie floating through the air in a balloon.
(I'm sure lots of people knew that, or which movie of the series that was!)
I dislike when shows speed through the credits or put them in a small box, unreadable even on an HD TV so they can show the beginning of the next episode and they can save time for more commercials.
bob
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Caught part of WoF again. Someone's about to go viral.

THE 80's (that's how the show presented the subject of the puzzle)

Under Pressure by Queen &... David... Louie :lol:
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

While watching a Nov. 2020 TV show I failed to recognize this guest star (born in 1965) whose fame comes being on a sitcom for 6 years in the 1980s as well as dozens of appearances a celebrity player on game shows
Spoiler
Who it is:
Spoiler
Lauri Hendler who played the middle daughter on Gimme a Break and was a very capable player on versions of Pyramid and Password. This week she played a SAT tutor on American Housewife.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Not a bad stat line:

Jaret Patterson (Univ at Buffalo) 15 carries, 247 yds, 5 TD

and there's still 1:50 left in the 1st half ....

ETA: he finished the game 36-409-8
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Fired up DVD of Gods and Generals, find there's an introduction by Ted Turner.

Realized only a few seconds in that I have literally never heard Ted Turner's voice before in my life.

Addendum: Thanks MST3K for pointing this out for me decades ago so I'll never forget...how can you have a Special Appearance in a movie?!
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Volante wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:26 pm Fired up DVD of Gods and Generals, find there's an introduction by Ted Turner.

Realized only a few seconds in that I have literally never heard Ted Turner's voice before in my life.

Addendum: Thanks MST3K for pointing this out for me decades ago so I'll never forget...how can you have a Special Appearance in a movie?!
In some cases, the “movie” was originally intended for TV, possibly as a pilot for a series, and that is one way it can happen.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

It may also be a contract thing depending on who the actor is. Someone might be able to get a special billing while someone else doesn’t.
davey

Post by davey »

Maybe this came up more than once, but in "Future War" MST3K wasn't questioning the credit...just whom it was bestowed on! (Negotiated by his agent, I presume...)

[an opening credit says "special appearance by Mel Novak"]

Mike Nelson : It'd be more special if we knew who the hell he was!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0762888/ch ... /nm0625621
Fleeboy

Post by Fleeboy »

triviawayne wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:53 pm
Volante wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:26 pm Fired up DVD of Gods and Generals, find there's an introduction by Ted Turner.

In some cases, the “movie” was originally intended for TV, possibly as a pilot for a series, and that is one way it can happen.
Somebody else owns a copy of “Gods and Generals”? I nodded off during the Extended Director’s Cut, even though it was shot in and around my hometown and the newspaper for which I worked covered the project from its inception.

“G&G,” unlike “Gettysburg” from the same creative team, was intended for big-screen release.

Turner’s was the money behind the film, so Ted could credit himself any way he liked.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Fleeboy wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:03 pm
triviawayne wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:53 pm

Somebody else owns a copy of “Gods and Generals”? I nodded off during the Extended Director’s Cut, even though it was shot in and around my hometown and the newspaper for which I worked covered the project from its inception.

“G&G,” unlike “Gettysburg” from the same creative team, was intended for big-screen release.

Turner’s was the money behind the film, so Ted could credit himself any way he liked.
Rental thru NetFlix. Mira Sorvino was the recipient of the "Special Appearance by" credit during the opening roll.

(MST3K bit I'm remembering is from Giant Spider Invasion. This should be keyed up to the zinger: https://youtu.be/4QVMDnSZ5Wk?t=351
There it's a "Guest Star" but it's the same idea (from a layman's perspective.) Yada yada SAG rules yada...)
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Volante wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:26 pm Realized only a few seconds in that I have literally never heard Ted Turner's voice before in my life.
I heard it when he was calling me a 'yo-yo' (which was one of the the stories on my card).

I also heard it when I was seated in a restaurant five tables away from his. He is not shy and retiring.
Golf

More Credit Roll Chuckles

Post by Golf »

Justin731994 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:31 pm I guess 2/12/07 has either a long credit roll, a medium one, or a short one
seaborgium wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:37 pm Brilliant deduction!
Indubitably!

I'm fond of...
dell3234 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:40 pm Last but not least 6/10/2004 (it is marked as a confirmed long credit roll but currently unsure.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Pretty bizarre, isn't it? I can't believe there's a thread here with (currently) 250 replies about full credit rolls.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:59 pm
Pretty bizarre, isn't it? I can't believe there's a thread here with (currently) 250 replies about full credit rolls.
This is for This Is Kirk!, Golf, and Bamaman. Yeah, it is pretty bizarre, isn't it?
Golf

Post by Golf »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:59 pm Pretty bizarre, isn't it? I can't believe there's a thread here with (currently) 250 replies about full credit rolls.
econgator wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:25 pm This is for This Is Kirk!, Golf, and Bamaman. Yeah, it is pretty bizarre, isn't it?
Ha!

But let's not forget there are tons of people out there that think watching every episode of a game show, posting about it on a message board every day, creating an archive with almost 400k clues, trying out every year, etc. is pretty bizarre as well.

I don't understand it as well, but that's OK. It's just the attitude in some of the posts that gets under my skin at times.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Golf wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:58 pm
This Is Kirk! wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:59 pm Pretty bizarre, isn't it? I can't believe there's a thread here with (currently) 250 replies about full credit rolls.
econgator wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:25 pm This is for This Is Kirk!, Golf, and Bamaman. Yeah, it is pretty bizarre, isn't it?
Ha!

But let's not forget there are tons of people out there that think watching every episode of a game show, posting about it on a message board every day, creating an archive with almost 400k clues, trying out every year, etc. is pretty bizarre as well.

I don't understand it as well, but that's OK. It's just the attitude in some of the posts that gets under my skin at times.
They have a subset besides the credit rolls that is Alex dismissing contestants who finished in a deficit situation. Really, I swear. Do a YT search for "contestant dismissals trebek"