Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Trivia Crack getting its own TV show eh? I wonder how this will turn out?
Douglas Squasoni
brick
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by brick »

Golf wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:30 pm Girlfriend and I watching Olympic biathlon, she pronounces it with the extra syllable. I choose life and do not refer to the Jeopardy mistake and therefore her pronunciation error.
Discretion being the better part of valor.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:33 pm Netflix is launching an interactive daily quiz show.

The design and game goals look kid-oriented but the trivia content is obviously for adults, which might confuse viewers (players?). It won't be renewed, is my prediction.
Hard pass.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:33 pm The design and game goals look kid-oriented but the trivia content is obviously for adults...
Why's that obvious? Maybe I'm missing something. It looks like it could be fun for people that are the right age. It definitely doesn't look like it's targeted to adults.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

MattKnowles wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:58 pm
Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:33 pm The design and game goals look kid-oriented but the trivia content is obviously for adults...
Why's that obvious? Maybe I'm missing something. It looks like it could be fun for people that are the right age. It definitely doesn't look like it's targeted to adults.
Ten-year-olds know Avatar? ABBA?
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:20 pm
They would get the dinosaur one!
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
davey

Post by davey »

There's an "interactive cartoon" up on Netflix now called "Cat Burglar." It takes a similar tone, with Looney Tunes-like content and simple quiz questions that if you answer correctly, let you advance the "story." The questions are elementary but get a little trickier as you go along. The intention is to trap viewers into mistakes. I was surprised to learn that Charlie Brooker of Black Mirror is involved with it. The cartoon is an homage to Tex Avery but It's not really clear what the audience for the quiz is. Maybe a bright adolescent?
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

davey wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:03 pm
There's an "interactive cartoon" up on Netflix now called "Cat Burglar." It takes a similar tone, with Looney Tunes-like content and simple quiz questions that if you answer correctly, let you advance the "story." The questions are elementary but get a little trickier as you go along. The intention is to trap viewers into mistakes. I was surprised to learn that Charlie Brooker of Black Mirror is involved with it. The cartoon is an homage to Tex Avery but It's not really clear what the audience for the quiz is. Maybe a bright adolescent?
I don't have Netflix, so I need to ask. Is this something that while watching (streaming), you need to use your remote (if you're watching on TV) to advance the show? If not, how does the interactive part work?
Total game show career losings = $171,522
davey

Post by davey »

triviawayne wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:36 am
davey wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:03 pm
I don't have Netflix, so I need to ask. Is this something that while watching (streaming), you need to use your remote (if you're watching on TV) to advance the show? If not, how does the interactive part work?
Yes, you use the remote. For this it's a matter of pushing left or right using your rewind and fast forward buttons.
I've learned there's a number of interactive programs for kids already available on Netflix.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

The Slate News Quiz gave me a laugh with the game show connection of the wrong choices:

LucarioSnooperVixey

Wheel of Fortune contestants fail to get Mudpuppy. No surprise there.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 1.02.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 1.02.19 PM.png (692.52 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
Douglas Squasoni
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

FoxTrot 3/13:
Spoiler
I was tempted to do "Foxtrot" to set the table.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Google's front page leads to information about Rosa (200th birthday) Bonheur. After reading up I was curious about archive hits:

#5331, aired 2007-11-12 ART GAL-ERY $2,000 (Daily Double): The stag shown here is by Rosa Bonheur, the first woman awarded the Grand Cross of this French medal
#5262, aired 2007-06-26 ART HERSTORY $1200: Given government approval to cross-dress, Rosa Bonheur was the first woman given this French award

Funny, how the only two hits were so close for when they showed up and both only wanted the Legion of Honor.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:10 am Google's front page leads to information about Rosa (200th birthday) Bonheur. After reading up I was curious about archive hits:

#5331, aired 2007-11-12 ART GAL-ERY $2,000 (Daily Double): The stag shown here is by Rosa Bonheur, the first woman awarded the Grand Cross of this French medal
#5262, aired 2007-06-26 ART HERSTORY $1200: Given government approval to cross-dress, Rosa Bonheur was the first woman given this French award

Funny, how the only two hits were so close for when they showed up and both only wanted the Legion of Honor.
also interesting is how both times, the category gave the gender
Total game show career losings = $171,522
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

I'm not able to access the archive on my computer or my phone. Anybody else having an issue?
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

MattKnowles wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:52 pm I'm not able to access the archive on my computer or my phone. Anybody else having an issue?
Everyone is, and Robert is hoping to get things sorted out soon.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Sinclair tidbits:

Somewhere in the house I have a Little Golden Book of Disney's Bongo, their version of a Sinclair Lewis story about a circus bear. It's part of the movie Fun and Fancy Free from 1947. Neat tidbit of trivia, right?

Today I learned that Disney's The Gnome-Mobile from 1967 is adapted from an earlier work by Upton Sinclair.🤯
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Dog Jeopardy.jpg
Dog Jeopardy.jpg (85.13 KiB) Viewed 1397 times
LucarioSnooperVixey

squarekara wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:03 pm Today I learned that Disney's The Gnome-Mobile from 1967 is adapted from an earlier work by Upton Sinclair.🤯
That movie also has the kids from Mary Poppins.
Douglas Squasoni
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:40 pm
squarekara wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:03 pm Today I learned that Disney's The Gnome-Mobile from 1967 is adapted from an earlier work by Upton Sinclair.🤯
That movie also has the kids from Mary Poppins.
Yes! If I recall correctly, you can see them in "The Three Lives of Thomasina" too. (RIP my VHS of that one.)