Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

brick
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by brick »

opusthepenguin wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:36 am
TenPoundHammer wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:42 am For the first time in 26 years, I do not own a pet.
Oh Bobby, I'm so sorry. This is a rough double blow.
I’m very sorry to hear this.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

FB_IMG_1596406092728.jpg
FB_IMG_1596406092728.jpg (63.75 KiB) Viewed 3486 times
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

alietr wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:09 pm FB_IMG_1596406092728.jpg
Ah yes, back when the nose was still small. Opus turned 39 last month.
davopardy
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by davopardy »

So I saw MLB being discussed a page or so back so I figure that I would chime in on this one.

From what I saw with the St. Louis Cardinals opening day I didn't see any of the cardboards or anything of a like which is a shocker to me because Cardinals fans aren't just from the St. Louis area, they come from everywhere (even some in Oklahoma make the 6+ hour trip to St. Louis to see a Cardinals game (when everything is normal).

To see the Cardinals not do that is not a shocker although I think it would've been fun to see them do something like that but, oh well. It is what it is.
"Jeopardy! was Created by Merv Griffin." -Johnny Gilbert (1996-2000)
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Bamaman wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:38 pm
There are a lot of positions I don’t get voting for. Why do we elect a sheriff but not the police chief? Or vote for a coroner. The coroner is a partisan position here. Does one’s political views effect how you judge a cause of death?
Do candidates for coroner get out there and campaign? Shaking hands, kissing babies?
I'm smart and I want respect.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Lefty wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:46 pm
Bamaman wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:38 pm
There are a lot of positions I don’t get voting for. Why do we elect a sheriff but not the police chief? Or vote for a coroner. The coroner is a partisan position here. Does one’s political views effect how you judge a cause of death?
Do candidates for coroner get out there and campaign? Shaking hands, kissing babies?
"I love the smell of formaldehyde in the morning."
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

From a Washington Post column on little lies spouses tell each other:

Jane is a high school English teacher married to an ocean engineer. Early in their relationship, Jane’s husband joked about how, compared to his technical education, liberal arts was an easy major.

“I found his attitude a bit annoying,” wrote Jane, of California, Md.

What her husband found annoying was how good Jane was at “Jeopardy,” which they would watch together after work.

“When I would answer a difficult question that stumped him and the contestants he would ask, ‘How do you know that?’ ” Jane wrote. “I would answer, ‘I’m a liberal-arts major.’ ”

What Jane’s husband didn’t learn until much later — when a friend of Jane spilled the beans at a party — was that “Jeopardy” aired earlier on Baltimore’s WMAR Channel 2 than it did in Washington. For years, Jane watched the earlier broadcast before her husband got home — and before they watched the same episode together.

Jane wrote: “It was fun while it lasted.”
Golf

Credit Rolls

Post by Golf »

I want the following rolls on credit if anybody has them.

2 cinnamon
1 lobster

I can pay Friday.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

I can do 1 egg and 1 Swiss. Allow four to six weeks for delivery.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

I would like drum please
Total game show career losings = $171,522
alietr
Site Admin

Re: Credit Rolls

Post by alietr »

Golf wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:19 pm I want the following rolls on credit if anybody has them.

2 cinnamon
1 lobster
I assume you reversed those digits accidentally.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

alietr wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:38 am
Golf wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:19 pm I want the following rolls on credit if anybody has them.

2 cinnamon
1 lobster
Maybe he's working up a performance piece called "Princess Leia Eats a Lobster Roll".
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

alietr wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:38 am

2 cinnamon
1 lobster
It was a top 2 countdown of his most desired rolls.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

triviawayne wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:36 pm I would like drum please
I've changed my mind to bank...I would like a bank roll
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

First... COMBO BREAKER!

Second... stupid me for assuming my recordings of Agents of SHIELD were going off without a hitch. After checking, turns out I'm missing 1.5 episodes, and that full episode being one of the last two (another recorded only 30 minutes, which actually is the more confusing hiccup of the two...). Hopefully Netflix gets that last season...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:48 pm First... COMBO BREAKER!

Second... stupid me for assuming my recordings of Agents of SHIELD were going off without a hitch. After checking, turns out I'm missing 1.5 episodes, and that full episode being one of the last two (another recorded only 30 minutes, which actually is the more confusing hiccup of the two...). Hopefully Netflix gets that last season...
Out of curiosity I checked my viewing options for that show I don't watch. (Well, not after season 1) 9-13 of this S7 are available through On Demand and Hulu. If that covers your missing eps. then do a free trial of Hulu? Amazon has S7 other than Eps. 12 & 13 to buy for $3 each.

I have a few things on my DVR from 2017-19 and hope for no surprises when I finally get around to them, so I sympathize with your discovery.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:08 pm

Out of curiosity I checked my viewing options for that show I don't watch. (Well, not after season 1) 9-13 of this S7 are available through On Demand and Hulu. If that covers your missing eps. then do a free trial of Hulu? Amazon has S7 other than Eps. 12 & 13 to buy for $3 each.

I have a few things on my DVR from 2017-19 and hope for no surprises when I finally get around to them, so I sympathize with your discovery.
After rechecking, it looks like I might be able to make it and catch up on what ABC has, but I might have to binge a little more than I would've liked. *crosses fingers*
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

Volante wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:28 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:08 pm

After rechecking, it looks like I might be able to make it and catch up on what ABC has, but I might have to binge a little more than I would've liked. *crosses fingers*
Hulu has ABC shows. You can either go the free trial route or for just $12.71 a month get everything commercial free.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

In the archive a number of suggestions come up for changing "true Daily Double" to "True Daily Double" and I'm curious how some board members think about that one way or another.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:41 pm In the archive a number of suggestions come up for changing "true Daily Double" to "True Daily Double" and I'm curious how some board members think about that one way or another.
Nope. Zero justification for that.