Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by Woof »

opusthepenguin wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:25 pm
That said, I lasted less than a week on the Jeopardy! subreddit. I had too many comments that just got downvoted without anyone trying to respond. I end up deciding, screw you guys, I'm going home. I suppose it's possible that an equal number of boardies here dislike my contributions and would downvote them if they could. If that's the case, I'm glad I don't know. I like to think of myself as mostly beloved and occasionally put up with..
Screw that! You are the most beloved of penguins and I can imagine that the subreddit is filled with a bunch of poopybutts
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Woof wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:46 pm
That said, I lasted less than a week on the Jeopardy! subreddit. I had too many comments that just got downvoted without anyone trying to respond. I end up deciding, screw you guys, I'm going home. I suppose it's possible that an equal number of boardies here dislike my contributions and would downvote them if they could. If that's the case, I'm glad I don't know. I like to think of myself as mostly beloved and occasionally put up with..
Screw that! You are the most beloved of penguins and I can imagine that the subreddit is filled with a bunch of poopybutts
Aw, you guys are the best. Well, you are anyway. I know I'm just being thin-skinned about the downvotes, but for some reason they really rankle. Like someone giving the raspberry to one of my comments without offering any further analysis.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

opusthepenguin wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:40 pm
Aw, you guys are the best. Well, you are anyway. I know I'm just being thin-skinned about the downvotes, but for some reason they really rankle. Like someone giving the raspberry to one of my comments without offering any further analysis.
How about Primetimer?
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:52 pm
opusthepenguin wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:40 pm Aw, you guys are the best. Well, you are anyway. I know I'm just being thin-skinned about the downvotes, but for some reason they really rankle. Like someone giving the raspberry to one of my comments without offering any further analysis.
How about Primetimer?
First I've heard of it. I may check them out.

Say... are you trying to get rid of me?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

opusthepenguin wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:40 pm
Don’t worry. If I think your posts suck I will tell you why they suck.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Bamaman wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:14 pm
opusthepenguin wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:40 pm Aw, you guys are the best. Well, you are anyway. I know I'm just being thin-skinned about the downvotes, but for some reason they really rankle. Like someone giving the raspberry to one of my comments without offering any further analysis.
Don’t worry. If I think your posts suck I will tell you why they suck.
That's all I ask!
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

As of yesterday afternoon, the NL Central, as a division, was on a 17-game losing streak. When the Cardinals and Reds played last night, it guaranteed that the streak would be broken one way or the other. As of today, all of the teams are still on the losing streak except the Cardinals (who won last night and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat today 5-4 with a 2-run walkoff HR with two outs in the ninth). Despite having most of their hitters in slumps and a pitching staff that's more than half spackle, they're leading the division by 1.5 games over the Brewers, who have lost their last eight games. It's nuts.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Linear Gnome wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:44 pm As of yesterday afternoon, the NL Central, as a division, was on a 17-game losing streak. When the Cardinals and Reds played last night, it guaranteed that the streak would be broken one way or the other. As of today, all of the teams are still on the losing streak except the Cardinals (who won last night and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat today 5-4 with a 2-run walkoff HR with two outs in the ninth). Despite having most of their hitters in slumps and a pitching staff that's more than half spackle, they're leading the division by 1.5 games over the Brewers, who have lost their last eight games. It's nuts.
And one of those teams is going to the playoffs. Divisions like that (see also: NFC East) are the epitome of "We don't have to outrun the bear..."

Also got curious, and apparently with the Mets win yesterday, the NL East is currently on a combined 27 game winning streak.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Golf

Post by Golf »

1 NL East game outstanding tonight with the Mets currently behind in the 4th.

Interestingly enough, the NL East is no better than the 3rd best division in MLB.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Golf wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:27 pm 1 NL East game outstanding tonight with the Mets currently behind in the 4th.

Interestingly enough, the NL East is no better than the 3rd best division in MLB.
Way behind now in the 6th...so much for that.

Division wide streaks are scheduling curios more than a reflection of skill; as division teams play each other 17 times, even the best (...or worst) can't last too long.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Douglas Squasoni
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:28 pm
A little more to the story: https://awfulannouncing.com/fox/mlb-on- ... pitch.html
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

‘Squid Game’ Reality Series Coming to Netflix With Biggest Cash Prize in TV History

$4.56 million purse. What was the previous biggest pot? $2.6 million for 2013's Million Second Quiz?

Should I be disappointed the contestants won't be playing for their lives?
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Robert K S wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:06 pm ‘Squid Game’ Reality Series Coming to Netflix With Biggest Cash Prize in TV History

$4.56 million purse. What was the previous biggest pot? $2.6 million for 2013's Million Second Quiz?

Should I be disappointed the contestants won't be playing for their lives?
I'll wager a cookie that the Netflix series won't be as well done as the Mr. Beast viral video.
LucarioSnooperVixey

Robert K S wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:06 pm $4.56 million purse. What was the previous biggest pot? $2.6 million for 2013's Million Second Quiz?
The largest pot won was over $3 million dollars on a game show called “Make Me A Millionaire”. Don’t remember the exact year, but it was somewhere within 2009-2012.
Douglas Squasoni
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:53 am
Robert K S wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:06 pm $4.56 million purse. What was the previous biggest pot? $2.6 million for 2013's Million Second Quiz?
The largest pot won was over $3 million dollars on a game show called “Make Me A Millionaire”. Don’t remember the exact year, but it was somewhere within 2009-2012.
A California lottery game???? Living in New Jersey, this you remember?
Total game show career losings = $171,522
LucarioSnooperVixey

triviawayne wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:41 am
You've heard of YouTube, right? ;)
Douglas Squasoni
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:46 pm
for someone who claims to do so poorly in tv type categories while claiming to sweep everything else...
Total game show career losings = $171,522
LucarioSnooperVixey

triviawayne wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:36 pm
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:46 pm
for someone who claims to do so poorly in tv type categories while claiming to sweep everything else...
This is a different niche from the TV I generally do poorly on.
Douglas Squasoni
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Pacifican wins on California Lottery's 'Make Me A Millionaire'
The big winner on this week’s show was Edison Javier, an IT professional from Vallejo, who won a cool $3 million on the Millionaire game segment. Javier played a perfect game, correctly selecting all 11 winning numbers. Javier said of the win, “My life is changing now.” He was already making plans for his windfall, including finishing some home renovations and following his passion for photography. He also added, “I’m calling in sick on Monday.”