Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by alietr »

MattKnowles wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:38 pm
Volante wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:20 pm I am distinctly not in the mood to install any new software to try capping it myself...
Windows 10 has a built in screen recorder. Windows Key + G to bring it up. Which probably doesn't help you. But maybe it does, or maybe it helps somebody else.
Actually, Windows-Alt-R starts/stops recording.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Is anyone familiar with SmileOtter? I started getting trivia emails from them every day. I don't remember signing up for anything from them, but it is possible. And who is behind it other than "Matt"?
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

While watching tonight’s episode of Chain Reaction, there was an answer on the show called “Reynolds Wrap”. I have never heard of that term before. Apparently, it is another term for aluminum foil? At least that is what it said when I looked it up. Is it like an old terminology or a brand new terminology?
Douglas Squasoni
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:43 am While watching tonight’s episode of Chain Reaction, there was an answer on the show called “Reynolds Wrap”. I have never heard of that term before. Apparently, it is another term for aluminum foil? At least that is what it said when I looked it up. Is it like an old terminology or a brand new terminology?
It is a brand of aluminum foil.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:43 am While watching tonight’s episode of Chain Reaction, there was an answer on the show called “Reynolds Wrap”. I have never heard of that term before. Apparently, it is another term for aluminum foil? At least that is what it said when I looked it up. Is it like an old terminology or a brand new terminology?
The 5-18-21 game had a clue about Reynolds Wrap. "A" MATERIAL for $400 in the DJ round. You gave yourself credit for a correct response.

https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=7025
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

On the 11/11/21 ep. of You Bet Your Life with Jay Leno in the category: Begins & Ends with "A"

How many staffers must have come across the Q before it made it to air? :roll:

Naturally Jay & Kevin weren't sharp enough to spot it. The contestants answered Alabama and the game moved along.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

The local news coverage here is terrible. Our state capital moved and nobody mentioned it.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:10 pm On the 11/11/21 ep. of You Bet Your Life with Jay Leno in the category: Begins & Ends with "A"

Naturally Jay & Kevin weren't sharp enough to spot it. The contestants answered Alabama and the game moved along.
What a bunch of maroons! We all know it’s Tuscaloosa
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Woof wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:20 pm What a bunch of maroons! We all know it’s Tuscaloosa
It was the original state capital (and some might still debate that it is ...).
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:10 pm On the 11/11/21 ep. of You Bet Your Life with Jay Leno in the category: Begins & Ends with "A"

:shock:
Douglas Squasoni
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

econgator wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:30 pm
Woof wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:20 pm What a bunch of maroons! We all know it’s Tuscaloosa
It was the original state capital (and some might still debate that it is ...).
It is home to the most important person in the state.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Woof wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:20 pm

What a bunch of maroons! We all know it’s Tuscaloosa
Is that where you shot an elephant in your pajamas?
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Maybe he was trying to escape the notorious sexual depravity of the Adélie community. He should be granted temporary asylum while they look into this.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/ ... -antarctic
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

https://kotaku.com/life-sized-lucario-g ... 1848087932
Japan’s Pokémon Center Online is going to release a life-sized [four foot tall] Lucario plush toy. It is priced at 46,200 yen ($403), which, I guess, is a fair price for an enormous Pokémon plushie.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

For the board games fans on the board (and the J! writers if they peek in here) - from the December 2021/January 2022 issue of Reader's Digest:
Spoiler
Spoiler for size of post, not content
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Robert K S wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:20 pm As just one example, all or virtually all of Season 26 was off-kilter because of the Million Dollar Celebrity Invitational quarterfinals which were aired interspersed throughout the season. I was a victim of the "Monday" curse despite my losing show being the fourth to tape of the day (right after lunch). Various other scheduling issues over the years resulted in nonstandard tape dates that were not Monday-Friday. I don't know if they ever (or often) tape six shows a day, but especially during Alex's years-long illness, it was common for them to tape fewer than five.
Circling back to this:

Yes, Season 26 was off-kilter, but the show, as a rule, would still attempt to tape 5 a day as much as was possible. Season 27 would have been knocked off-kilter by the Watson games, but that's the last instance of things being knocked off kilter until October 2020.

I also dispute the assertion that it was common for them to tape fewer than five. As far as I've been able to tell, the only taping where Alex didn't go 5 since his diagnosis was his very last week of episodes.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
Golf

Post by Golf »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:56 pm I also dispute the assertion that it was common for them to tape fewer than five. As far as I've been able to tell, the only taping where Alex didn't go 5 since his diagnosis was his very last week of episodes.
I seem to remember multiple contestants saying taping weeks were broken up into 2 and 3 games. Not that it’s a valid source, but Wikipedia states this started in 2019.

But I’ll wager others here can link contestant’s posts from reddit and elsewhere supporting this.
earendel

Post by earendel »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:39 pm For the board games fans on the board (and the J! writers if they peek in here) - from the December 2021/January 2022 issue of Reader's Digest:
Spoiler
Spoiler for size of post, not content
Nitpick: D&D is not a board game.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."