When/how do you watch your Jeopardy?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

When/how do you watch your Jeopardy?

When it airs, every night
29%
When it airs, a couple nights a week
25%
When it airs, occasionally
5%
Time-shifted, every night
26%
Time-shifted, a couple nights a week
23%
Time-shifted, occasionally
16%
Time-shifted, accumulate and then binge-watch
6%
I can't watch Jeopardy
3%
I don't want to watch Jeopardy
No votes
Other
3%

Total votes: 77

bpmod
Rank

Re: When/how do you watch your Jeopardy?

Post by bpmod »

MarkBarrett wrote:I have the yellow/red/white cords (I'm not tech savvy enough to know the traditional order or name for them)
Yellow: Composite video
Red: Audio, right channel
White: Audio, left channel

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
DadofTwins
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by DadofTwins »

Our local station doesn't have a strong enough signal to get all the way to our antenna, but occasionally someone will kindly arrange for us to see recordings.

This is a kindness for which I am exceeding grateful.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

DadofTwins wrote:Our local station doesn't have a strong enough signal to get all the way to our antenna, ...
Is it the signal or the orientation/location of the antenna? If the former, my suggestion would be "Move!"; the latter can often be fixed.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
schoe
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by schoe »

sethmoko wrote:Not able to watch anymore since we got rid of DVR as well. Watch almost everything streaming via Hulu and Netflix and the like. Hoping somebody can turn me on to a source that I don't know of for watching Jeopardy online. I've been missing it terribly.
Same with me. I'm actually kind of amazed how basically all the networks (except CBS) got together on Hulu instead of fragmenting across services, so I can do one-stop shopping (two with Netflix). The only thing I'm missing is Jeopardy. :( It needs to get on the Hulu train!
BobF

Post by BobF »

Not as often as I'd like! Partly my own fault as once we hit DST I'm more likely to be outside. Partly my wife's fault as there is seemingly ALWAYS some sort of errand/event she needs me to go along with her on.

And I stopped recording shows years ago when I came to the realization I rarely watched shows I recorded.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

Last year someone put together maps of when J! and WOF air: http://www.graphgraph.com/2014/03/jeopa ... -and-maps/
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
Shaymin
Valued Contributor

Post by Shaymin »

Previously I would've responded "Time shifted every night" since N(ewfoundland)TV aired the show at 5:00 local time while I was at work. However, I've moved to a new place where the cord got cut, so...
Sherm

Post by Sherm »

schoe wrote:
sethmoko wrote:Not able to watch anymore since we got rid of DVR as well. Watch almost everything streaming via Hulu and Netflix and the like. Hoping somebody can turn me on to a source that I don't know of for watching Jeopardy online. I've been missing it terribly.
Same with me. I'm actually kind of amazed how basically all the networks (except CBS) got together on Hulu instead of fragmenting across services, so I can do one-stop shopping (two with Netflix). The only thing I'm missing is Jeopardy. :( It needs to get on the Hulu train!
Me three, the hulu/netflix combo is the way to go. I'm still getting used to the lack of sports, and missing jeopardy nightly. I can get the jeopardy episodes but it's delayed by almost a week. I don't read the recap threads anymore so it has really hurt me regarding this board, but it is probably worth the $100 a month that it saved me.
schoe
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by schoe »

Sherm wrote:
schoe wrote:
Me three, the hulu/netflix combo is the way to go. I'm still getting used to the lack of sports, and missing jeopardy nightly. I can get the jeopardy episodes but it's delayed by almost a week. I don't read the recap threads anymore so it has really hurt me regarding this board, but it is probably worth the $100 a month that it saved me.
Where do you get Jeopardy after a week?
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

Sherm wrote:
schoe wrote:
You don't even have an antenna where you could at least watch Jeopardy plus network sports?
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

jeff6286 wrote:You don't even have an antenna where you could at least watch Jeopardy plus network sports?
It amazes me how many times I run into people who think the entire country can use an antenna. I'm not trying to be mean, I just keep getting surprised.

Where I live, an antenna might, MIGHT get me a PBS station, and independent station and that's about it. I'm not even really in a rural area.

Cutting the cord isn't an option either. The only choice for internet I have is my local cable company as DSL here is a no go; and lowering my cable bill or giving up TV and going internet only would save me a whopping $20 because they will raise my internet cost for not bundling.

Count me as also wanting to know where you get Jeopardy after a week? My guess is from friends recordings.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

triviawayne wrote:
jeff6286 wrote:You don't even have an antenna where you could at least watch Jeopardy plus network sports?
It amazes me how many times I run into people who think the entire country can use an antenna. I'm not trying to be mean, I just keep getting surprised.

Where I live, an antenna might, MIGHT get me a PBS station, and independent station and that's about it. I'm not even really in a rural area.

Cutting the cord isn't an option either. The only choice for internet I have is my local cable company as DSL here is a no go; and lowering my cable bill or giving up TV and going internet only would save me a whopping $20 because they will raise my internet cost for not bundling.

Count me as also wanting to know where you get Jeopardy after a week? My guess is from friends recordings.
I'm aware that there are people that may not be able to get a full set of local affiliates, but I didn't think it was a very large percentage of the population. I'm sure there are cases where someone gets every broadcast network except for, say the CBS affiliate, due to location of the transmitter or strength of signal, or something, and that happens to be the station that airs Jeopardy, or something like that, but I would be fairly surprised to learn of many people who have tried to get local stations on an antennae and didn't get any of the major networks. Where do you live? I don't care what town, but like how far from the nearest major city that has tv affiliates?
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

For my location, it's not about distance, it's about mountains. I'm about 60 miles or so away from transmitters of my nearest market, but I'm in a valley.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Judy5cents
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Judy5cents »

When I got back from my taping after losing FJ! on a technicality, I told my husband I never wanted to watch it again. That sentiment passed, but he took me at my word and gives me a hard time whenever I turn it on. So I usually watch it on the days when he works out on the treadmill. These days, my Jeopardy viewing depends on my husband's resolve for exercise.
rmfromfla

Post by rmfromfla »

In between the Dothan & Panama City markets with 2 NBC affiliates (WJHG since 1986, WRGX, June 2013). Both air J! at 4:30; on some occasions, one is ahead of the other when it comes to run time, so if a problem occurs, switch over to station which is behind. The "Daytime J!" reruns are at 6PM on WECP (low-power affiliate of WJHG) & if you haven't had enough of S30, the weekend show Saturdays at 5PM.

Still the old reliable rabbit ears & digital converter box -- when transition happened, WJHG wasn't at full power yet, wiping out last six weeks of S25.
Nearly no PBS, or FOX -- both of the local affiliates are owned by Raycom, with weak/small transmitters, so no Super Bowl (or World Series) in 2014 & probably in 2017. :o
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Some nights in the living room on my DirecTV DVR, some nights in the bedroom on my computer's DVR software (computer is hooked up to a TV device and a pair of rabbit ears). More or less depends on where I'm sitting at about 7:10 P.M.
Sherm

Post by Sherm »

jeff6286 wrote:
Sherm wrote:
schoe wrote:
You don't even have an antenna where you could at least watch Jeopardy plus network sports?
I live in rural PA. Its even hard for me to tell people where I live due to most people just knowing Philly and Pittsburgh. The majority of PA outside of the eastern border and Pittsburgh, is rural you may be a redneck type country (I love it, by the way). My brother-in-law has an antenna with a rotor it allows him to get some networks, but the picture/sound quality isn't great (often just cuts out), and that is with the ability to turn the antenna. Like someone else has said, the only clear station I could truly pick up with just an antenna is PBS.

The TV thing is hard to get used to. For example, the weather around hear the day of the super bowl was terrrible. The party we were going to go to got cancelled. We didn't see the super bowl. Watched highlights on ESPN's website, which is how I'm following sports these days, completely online. I haven't seen a second of a march madness game this year, and I used to coach HS basketball, so I truly enjoy the sport. Give it a year or two, and I'll be able to purchase the ESPN package, you can see it's coming, and it will probably cost 5 or 10 bucks.

I honestly can't justify $100 a month to watch live sports and jeopardy, and once I thought about it. It was an easy decision.
mxc_takeshi

Post by mxc_takeshi »

It airs 7:30 PM on WKYT-27, the CBS affiliate around Lexington, KY. If I don't see it, it's usually because we're out or I'm taking a nap. Since I have no DVR, if I miss it, I miss it.
KazooJ!fan
Valued Contributor

Post by KazooJ!fan »

I watch Jeopardy every night at 7:30 on my CBS station-except when March Madness is on (which is happening right now) and on Tuesdays when I play trivia.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Sherm wrote:Give it a year or two, and I'll be able to purchase the ESPN package, you can see it's coming, and it will probably cost 5 or 10 bucks.
I would expect more along the lines of $20-$25 monthly for an ESPN live-streaming package. (I suspect it's going to cannibalize a significant number of cable/satellite subscribers, and they've got to make that money back somehow.)