2015 Online Test

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

earendel
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: 2015 Online Test

Post by earendel »

I just clicked the "Register Now" link and got this message:

Ooooh, sorry! That page was not found and our judges have ruled that link either moved or outdated. But you still have control of the board, so please enjoy the rest of jeopardy.com.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."
BobF

Post by BobF »

immaf wrote:Registration is open. http://www.jeopardy.com/

I will traveling that week. Does one have to register from the computer on which they will take the test? (In other words, should I have my brother register for me?)
No, it goes by your e-mail address and the password you set up.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
georgespelvin
The Charlie Brown of Jeopardy Auditions

Post by georgespelvin »

I don't know how Maggie knows how to do this to me (long time members of this board and the Sony board know of my paranoia) but Jeopardy ALWAYS manages to schedule these on a most disadvantageous time for me. This time around, I'll be part of the commemoration at Ford's Theater of the 150th anniversary of Lincoln's assassination on April 14-15, will be too tired to be effective on the 15th, and likely will have a rehearsal on the 16th (although that is not certain yet).
I used to be AWSOP but wanted to be more theatrical.
immaf
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by immaf »

lisa0012 wrote:Problems with the security certificate. My browser won't let me access it.

Also, according to my math the test is taking place 17 1/2 months after my audition. So should I sit this one out?
I haven't actually registered yet because it tells me the connection is untrusted -- something or other about the security certificate.

I think the rule of thumb about retaking the online test is "skip one". So if your audition resulted from the 2014 online test, I would sit this one out. Otherwise, I would think you are okay. I don't know for sure, though, nor do I have any inside information.
Teems with quiet fun.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

earendel wrote:I just clicked the "Register Now" link and got this message:

Ooooh, sorry! That page was not found and our judges have ruled that link either moved or outdated. But you still have control of the board, so please enjoy the rest of jeopardy.com.
I just checked 5 minutes ago and now (on a different computer), it looks like the registration page was taken down in between those two times to fix that.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

georgespelvin wrote:I don't know how Maggie knows how to do this to me (long time members of this board and the Sony board know of my paranoia) but Jeopardy ALWAYS manages to schedule these on a most disadvantageous time for me. This time around, I'll be part of the commemoration at Ford's Theater of the 150th anniversary of Lincoln's assassination on April 14-15, will be too tired to be effective on the 15th, and likely will have a rehearsal on the 16th (although that is not certain yet).
Sic semper tyrannis?
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
doihavetoreally

Post by doihavetoreally »

Getting the privacy error too. You would expect at least TPTB test the link before it goes live! Oh well.
Good enough to lose on Jeopardy!
earendel

Post by earendel »

Just tried again and got the same message but didn't get the certificate message.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Just wondering if anyone has received an email about the test being up? I thought I've been getting the Jeopardy newsletter, but haven't received anything in months, much less today. Have we been checking either through visiting ourselves since we knew today was registration day, or through the posts here, and haven't received any news from SPE?

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

OK, now this is really strange. Jeopardy's Facebook page just posted a link to the registration page and it leads to a different page than what we've been getting, which says how the test is already started, the next one is on April 15. Yet the link from jeopardy.com still leads to the 404 page.

The strangest thing is that both urls are coming from inside the house! are the same one! https://www.jeopardy.com/onlinetests/adult/thetest/

(EDIT: And now the Facebook post is removed. I guess they're still working out the bugs. #thankskimjongun)

ej!
Valued Contributor

Post by ej! »

It doesn't like my browser either. Another Sony hack?
ten96lt
Valued Contributor

Post by ten96lt »

ej! wrote:It doesn't like my browser either. Another Sony hack?
I doubt it's another hack. I think they just posted the banner on the home page before getting the bugs out of the registration page. I'll check again around Noon Chicago time. I doubt the test will be administered in between then. :D
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

1115am east coast, still not up.

But considering it's only 815am on the west, I would suspect this doesn't get fixed until early afternoon eastern time.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Woof

Post by Woof »

Tonight's Adult Online Test is in Progress
If you were registered for tonight's test, we're sorry you've missed the start of the test.
The next test is April 15 at 8PM CDT
Thanks, Sony! :roll:
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Gee, registering for Obamacare is easier than registering for the test. (Even for me!)

doihavetoreally

Post by doihavetoreally »

dhkendall wrote:Gee, registering for Obamacare is easier than registering for the test. (Even for me!)
They have taken down the link on their webpage completely!
Good enough to lose on Jeopardy!
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

doihavetoreally wrote:
dhkendall wrote:Gee, registering for Obamacare is easier than registering for the test. (Even for me!)
Maybe it was just temporary. I managed to register (at least I think I did).

Btw, I didn't notice an FAQ page. Anyone know for sure if it's OK for us to take the test in a different time zone than we live in?
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

doihavetoreally wrote:
The link in my last email works now though(it's not linked to the main page), so I guess you can register now through that, but I don't blame you if you want to wait.

PowerofHoodoo

Post by PowerofHoodoo »

lisa0012 wrote:Problems with the security certificate. My browser won't let me access it.

Also, according to my math the test is taking place 17 1/2 months after my audition. So should I sit this one out?
This happened to me, too. One year the test was scheduled just two weeks shy of 18 months after I'd auditioned. I emailed the address the coordinators used to invite me for an in-person audition. I explained the situation, and they replied that it was no problem.

So, you should be eligible to take the test again, but to be safe I would ask.
davey

Post by davey »

Magna wrote:
doihavetoreally wrote:
Maybe it was just temporary. I managed to register (at least I think I did).

Btw, I didn't notice an FAQ page. Anyone know for sure if it's OK for us to take the test in a different time zone than we live in?
It always has been before.