2015 Online Test

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Re: 2015 Online Test

Post by Magna »

Wow! My heart is pounding. I can't remember the questions, but I think I did OK.
Fishercat
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Fishercat »

Tough round but if my guesses pan out I may squeak over 35. Not my areas of pop culture and no sports, but I was saved by a decent amount of geography I actually knew, which is rare in itself.
Last edited by Fishercat on Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

It's probably best to move the discussion about tonight's test to the thread for tonight's test.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
thatsnoternie

Post by thatsnoternie »

Apparently in a first, they will be posting the correct responses from tonight's test later this evening on the Jeopardy! Facebook Page.

EDIT: About two minutes after the test ended, they posted the clues from tonight's test. https://www.facebook.com/Jeopardy/photos_stream
Last edited by thatsnoternie on Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sillymonkey
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by sillymonkey »

Well, that was going well until I lost Internet connection around question 20. Question 1 also didn't show up until I had about 3 seconds left.
Ditto for me on Q1, and that threw me off.
Fortunately my internet stayed working (which is pretty rare). I'm sorry that happened to you.
immaf
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by immaf »

ARRRRGGH! I logged on in plenty of time, then got caught up in the testing that everything would work on the computer I'm using...an I missed the start of the test! Since I didn't take it, I hope they'll let me log on Thursday. (I can't tomorrow.)
Teems with quiet fun.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

I didn't get to see the first two questions at all, I just had a blank blue screen. Then it started working. Computer I did this on worked fine about three hours prior when I did the test test on the Jeopardy site.

Then in another technical problem, using the ctrl+a command to highlight all and start typing when I wanted to change a response didn't work. So I have an answer of JupiterAres in one box and I'm not even sure in another.

I thought this test was much more difficult than others I've taken, I'll have to check the list of questions to see if I made the cut, but I'm not feeling good about it.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
alamble

Post by alamble »

thatsnoternie wrote:Apparently in a first, they will be posting the correct responses from tonight's test later this evening on the Jeopardy! Facebook Page.

EDIT: About two minutes after the test ended, they posted the clues from tonight's test. https://www.facebook.com/Jeopardy/photos_stream
It would certainly help if they posted the pictures in the correct order. It ain't hard.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

triviawayne wrote:I didn't get to see the first two questions at all, I just had a blank blue screen. Then it started working. Computer I did this on worked fine about three hours prior when I did the test test on the Jeopardy site.
Never saw the first question, though I wouldn't have had a clue. Questions 2-50 displayed perfectly. A number of other people who took the test this evening had similar problems.
Leaper
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Leaper »

So I didn't get a confirmation e-mail, but I did get one, with my chosen username, reminding me that the tests were coming up.

I assume this means I'm good and registered?
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

I got the opposite; I got the confirmation email (found it after 2 days in gmail's "Promotions" folder .. dammit Google, you freaked me out .. but I never received the reminder email. My girlfriend, who also registered, forwarded me her reminder email. I requested a reminder of my sign on and that came back within an hour.

I'm sure I'll spend the 90 minutes between the end of J! tonight and the show starting mildly freaking out about it all working properly. :p Deep breaths, Mitch ...
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

jjwaymee wrote:Will the JBoard break its record for most concurrent users tonight?
It wasn't even close. The record is 364, and I think we only got up to around 240. Good thing it didn't crash Brian's server.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

alietr wrote:
jjwaymee wrote:Will the JBoard break its record for most concurrent users tonight?
It wasn't even close. The record is 364, and I think we only got up to around 240. Good thing it didn't crash Brian's server.
Maybe because J!'s FB page hosts the questions too it takes some of the action from us.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

alietr wrote:
I wasn't worried. After all, we made it through the 364 with no issues. I kept watching the numbers, though, just for fun.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
akrites
Valued Contributor

Post by akrites »

Here is the most recent email that I've received from Jeopardy!

Hello,

Thank you so much for your response - your information is helping us optimize the test for as many users as possible!

We’re sorry you had technical difficulties with last night’s test. If you were using the Safari browser, we have worked to resolve the issue, but you might want to try using a different browser, such as Firefox or Chrome. As long as you received your confirmation email and have your username and password, you can still take the test tonight or tomorrow!

The test is given at different times each night, so make sure to take that into account. Simply visit https://www.jeopardy.com/onlinetests/ad ... testtimes/ and select your time zone to see what time the test will be given each evening.

There is no need to make any adjustments to your registration form or notify us of a change. Just log in the night that you choose. Don't forget to login 20 minutes early!
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

Can anyone who took last night's test confirm whether or not there was anything to check to indicate that you were taking the test for fun? I'm already in the pool, but went ahead and registered and was hoping to take one of the tests for fun, but haven't seen any confirmation if there is a way to do so.
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

jeff6286 wrote:Can anyone who took last night's test confirm whether or not there was anything to check to indicate that you were taking the test for fun? I'm already in the pool, but went ahead and registered and was hoping to take one of the tests for fun, but haven't seen any confirmation if there is a way to do so.
There was no way to indicate it's for fun.
nlw44
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by nlw44 »

Interestingly - to me anyway, as I think it is a first in my time of taking these tests - I got an email tonight from J! saying that they got my test, are scoring it, if I passed I may get a call for an audition anytime up to a year from now, etc. All the usual stuff, except that in the past it's always been total silence from J! itself unless/until I actually got the audition email. Whether that one comes or not this time, I applaud this new wrinkle.
"And has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.

Lewis Carroll, "Jabberwocky"
Shaymin
Valued Contributor

Post by Shaymin »

This was the worst possible time to forget the password I used... requested the reset email 20 minutes ago and haven't received it. I take it I am in trouble?
stephanie
Valued Contributor

Post by stephanie »

This is not exactly true. If you try to log in it says user already took the test... I was just going to take this one for fun since I know I failed last night's. :(
akrites wrote:Here is the most recent email that I've received from Jeopardy!

Hello,

Thank you so much for your response - your information is helping us optimize the test for as many users as possible!

We’re sorry you had technical difficulties with last night’s test. If you were using the Safari browser, we have worked to resolve the issue, but you might want to try using a different browser, such as Firefox or Chrome. As long as you received your confirmation email and have your username and password, you can still take the test tonight or tomorrow!

The test is given at different times each night, so make sure to take that into account. Simply visit https://www.jeopardy.com/onlinetests/ad ... testtimes/ and select your time zone to see what time the test will be given each evening.

There is no need to make any adjustments to your registration form or notify us of a change. Just log in the night that you choose. Don't forget to login 20 minutes early!
Not Jeopardy! material :(