Timing of Audition Invite Emails

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

rouquinne
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by rouquinne »

ihavejeoprosy wrote:
rouquinne wrote:^^^^You're very sweet - I hope you cleaned up on your appearance! :)
Did you just say I dont look good? :cry:
:P

Funny boy!!! You know I meant in terms of dollars and cents!

No email for KC - 2 years ago, it was in my mailbox on Victoria Day - which was yesterday.

:(
rouquinne

Post by rouquinne »

@patkav "it seemed to me they used the in-person test score to seed us for the simulated game."

I don't think so, because I know I missed a few on the written test, but I was called up first for the mock game.

@KathyWellsville "Does anyone know if spectators are allowed at the audition?"

NO spectators - only potential contestants. The invite is for you alone.

For anyone interested - here is a link to my blog post about my audition; most of it relates to my struggles to actually GET to the audition after most of Toronto was flooded out due to a massive storm the night before.

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/20 ... pardy.html
ihavejeoprosy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

rouquinne wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote:
rouquinne wrote:^^^^You're very sweet - I hope you cleaned up on your appearance! :)

No email for KC - 2 years ago, it was in my mailbox on Victoria Day - which was yesterday.

lol, I knew what you meant. Did you have a second choice city? Maybe you could score there.
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

rouquinne wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote:

lol, I knew what you meant. Did you have a second choice city? Maybe you could score there.
BobF

Post by BobF »

rouquinne wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote:

So that's why the Blue Jays hosted an afternoon game. I was wondering.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

ihavejeoprosy wrote:
rouquinne wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote:

I don't think there was a way to indicate second choice city this year.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

That sucks. In years past I remember checking for second and third choice cities as news became available.
immaf

Post by immaf »

As far as I know, you have never been able to check more than one city. I don't recall ever having that option.

There was one occasion when (after passing the online test) I made the cut and was invited to an in-person interview in my city of choice -- Boston. When I told them that I was going to unavoidably be out of town that week, they said "No promises, but might you be able to travel to New York or Buffalo?" I chose New York, and I subsequently received an invite for an in-person interview there. But there was no way to tell them up front that New York was my second choice.
Teems with quiet fun.
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

Am I imagining this? I'm pretty sure I've seen second choices in the past.
Woof

Post by Woof »

ihavejeoprosy wrote:Am I imagining this? I'm pretty sure I've seen second choices in the past.
As long as I've been doing the online test (since 2008), there has never been an option for a second-choice city.
davey

Post by davey »

immaf wrote:As far as I know, you have never been able to check more than one city. I don't recall ever having that option.

There was one occasion when (after passing the online test) I made the cut and was invited to an in-person interview in my city of choice -- Boston. When I told them that I was going to unavoidably be out of town that week, they said "No promises, but might you be able to travel to New York or Buffalo?" I chose New York, and I subsequently received an invite for an in-person interview there. But there was no way to tell them up front that New York was my second choice.
That's interesting that they asked. I got the impression that some people got called to New York last year without ever expressing that preference (since it wasn't on the list for the test, and I agree second choices have never been offered). Is that right?
immaf

Post by immaf »

davey wrote:
immaf wrote:As far as I know, you have never been able to check more than one city. I don't recall ever having that option.

That's interesting that they asked. I got the impression that some people got called to New York last year without ever expressing that preference (since it wasn't on the list for the test, and I agree second choices have never been offered). Is that right?
In my case, Boston, New York, and Buffalo were all audition cities from the git-go. I had chosen Boston.
Teems with quiet fun.
rouquinne

Post by rouquinne »

Woof wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote:Am I imagining this? I'm pretty sure I've seen second choices in the past.
As long as I've been doing the online test (since 2008), there has never been an option for a second-choice city.
I'm pretty sure Woof is right, I've never had a second option.

I'll just tell Nana she'll have to live to 100 to see me on the show! :lol: She's 95 and a half now!

:?
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

I'm with you. I'd swear I remember filling out two (or even three) cities as choices one year.
Golf

Post by Golf »

econgator wrote:I've never done a second of prep for the in-person test and I've passed 7 of the 8 I've taken (and most of those were when there was only an in-person test). It's like those people who sit outside the exam rooms in college cramming at the last second -- either you know it our you don't. Cramming is only going to confuse you.
And how many times have you gotten the call? Perhaps you should start cramming.... :D :o

IMO, if you know how and what to cram in short term, it's very helpful.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Golf wrote:
econgator wrote:I've never done a second of prep for the in-person test and I've passed 7 of the 8 I've taken (and most of those were when there was only an in-person test). It's like those people who sit outside the exam rooms in college cramming at the last second -- either you know it our you don't. Cramming is only going to confuse you.
And how many times have you gotten the call? Perhaps you should start cramming.... :D :o

IMO, if you know how and what to cram in short term, it's very helpful.
Exactly, reading a short list of operas and composers wouldn't hurt right before the test.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

In a three day span in the middle of June, I will be doing two things I never dreamed possible.

1. Attending a heavyweight championship fight on June 13.
2. Attending a Jeopardy audition on June 15 in Atlanta.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Bamaman wrote:In a three day span in the middle of June, I will be doing two things I never dreamed possible.

Sweet!
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Post by cinemaniax7 »

Bamaman wrote:In a three day span in the middle of June, I will be doing two things I never dreamed possible.

When did you hear about Atlanta?
patkav
The Chicago Mauler

Post by patkav »

Congratulations!