Timing of Audition Invite Emails

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

ihavejeoprosy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

Bamaman wrote:In a three day span in the middle of June, I will be doing two things I never dreamed possible.

1. Attending a heavyweight championship fight on June 13.
2. Attending a Jeopardy audition on June 15 in Atlanta.
congratulations, I take its the wilder fight? Good luck, going to be a fun few days for you.
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Go get 'em, bama!
Sprinkles are for winners.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

ihavejeoprosy wrote:
Bamaman wrote:In a three day span in the middle of June, I will be doing two things I never dreamed possible.

congratulations, I take its the wilder fight? Good luck, going to be a fun few days for you.
Yes, doubly great news. Deontay is a great fighter. He needs a KO this time and none of that 12 rounds scorecard stuff.

Bamaman on J! in S32 sounds good to me. Go get it.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I got the e-mail this morning at 11:30. I had about given up hope since the KC audition invitations for two weeks later had gone out. So, yes, I was pretty pumped and also nervous. I have already received the official notice after I confirmed I was going to go. They sent me a form to fill out and bring with me when I go.

It is the Wilder fight in Birmingham I will be attending. It is just the WBC belt, but it is still a major title and I doubt there will be many heavyweight title fights in my area. I was a bit surprised several on here were aware of him. I don't know anything about his opponent. Wilder won every fight until his title fight by KO, so I'm hoping for that to continue. There is talk of a unification fight with Klitchko if he wins this one.

Thanks again for all the good wishes, I'll be checking out all the audition advice posts on here in the next couple weeks.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Gratz! All the best luck!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Great news, Bamaman! Can Tampa invites be far behind? [shaking with anticipation]
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

From information we've had so far, here is the audition schedule.

June 6,7,8,10-Boston
June 14 (Sports),15,17-Atlanta
June 27 (Sports),28,30,July 1-Kansas City

These are just dates people have mentioned in this thread, if anyone knows of other testing dates for these locations please share it.

Odd that Boston is on the weekend and the others are during the week. Since I assume they have the equipment for the mock games shipped around in a truck, it would be logical to have Tampa between Atlanta and Kansas City.
Last edited by Bamaman on Fri May 29, 2015 12:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
patkav
The Chicago Mauler

Post by patkav »

Is this your first audition?
PowerofHoodoo

Post by PowerofHoodoo »

Bamaman wrote:From information we've had so far, here is the audition schedule.

June 6/7/8-Boston
June 15-Atlanta
June 30/July 1-Kansas City

These are just dates people have mentioned in this thread, if anyone knows of other testing dates for these locations please share it.

Odd that Boston is on the weekend and the others are during the week. Since I assume they have the equipment for the mock games shipped around in a truck, it would be logical to have Tampa between Atlanta and Kansas City.
As mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm auditioning in Kansas City on June 28.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

patkav wrote:Is this your first audition?
Yes, it is.

Thanks for the other KC date, HooDoo, I added it to the list.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Bamaman wrote:From information we've had so far, here is the audition schedule.

June 6,7,8-Boston
June 15,17-Atlanta
June 28,30,July 1-Kansas City

Interesting they have the gap where we think Tampa would go, but nobody here has heard regarding Tampa. This doesn't mean they are doing Tampa there, so there's hope for me yet. They could even be planning Tampa later in the year due to some event with the Clue Crew, or any other reason. Maybe they are even planning on taking the show on the road next season and for them it makes sense to hit Tampa on that trip.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

triviawayne wrote:
Interesting they have the gap where we think Tampa would go, but nobody here has heard regarding Tampa. This doesn't mean they are doing Tampa there, so there's hope for me yet. They could even be planning Tampa later in the year due to some event with the Clue Crew, or any other reason. Maybe they are even planning on taking the show on the road next season and for them it makes sense to hit Tampa on that trip.
THe only road shows with regular games were done in Boston 16 years ago, and I think their last road trip was Watson in 2011 in NY State, and before that Vegas for the 2009 TofC.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

legendneverdies wrote:THe only road shows with regular games were done in Boston 16 years ago, and I think their last road trip was Watson in 2011 in NY State, and before that Vegas for the 2009 TofC.
You are forgetting Washington, DC in 2012.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Just because it has been a while, doesn't mean they won't again. It doesn't have to be regular games, could be college.

I was just pointing out that there could be many reasons we haven't heard anything for Tampa yet.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

triviawayne wrote:Just because it has been a while, doesn't mean they won't again. It doesn't have to be regular games, could be college.

I was just pointing out that there could be many reasons we haven't heard anything for Tampa yet.
It was mentioned on Stu SHostak's show by Stu himself that WOF won't be doing any road shows next season.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Whoo hooo!!
BobF

Post by BobF »

bpmod wrote:
legendneverdies wrote:THe only road shows with regular games were done in Boston 16 years ago, and I think their last road trip was Watson in 2011 in NY State, and before that Vegas for the 2009 TofC.
You are forgetting Washington, DC in 2012.

Brian
I was auditioning when they were taping, was hoping Alex might swing by.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
rouquinne

Post by rouquinne »

Congratulations, bama!

I guess I must accept that the Audition Gods did not smile on me this time around and I will utter that time-honoured phrase so often said by fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs -

"Next year!"

:lol:

Given that my hand issues have yet to be resolved, this is probably just as well.

Then again... Michael Buss was selected long after he had "officially" washed out of the pool - so miracles are possible.

Right? RIGHT???

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

rouquinne wrote:Congratulations, bama!

I guess I must accept that the Audition Gods did not smile on me this time around and I will utter that time-honoured phrase so often said by fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs -

"Next year!"

Don't worry, you'll audition, get on, and do your TOC appearance well before the Leafs will get the Cup again!
rouquinne wrote:miracles are possible.

Right? RIGHT???

Not for the Leafs ...
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

rouquinne wrote:Congratulations, bama!

"Next year!"

Yes. But what you didn't mention is that that phrase, when uttered by said fans, is always immediately followed by "we'll make the playoffs." Not "we'll win the Stanley Cup.", or even "we'll make it to the second round of the playoffs."

My hope for you is that 'next year' you get more than an audition, more than [just] an appearance on the show...

Of course, Leafs fans have started chanting "Next century!"

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.