Jeopardy taping three tournaments in D.C.

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Rafferty Barnes
Jeopardy! Champion

Jeopardy taping three tournaments in D.C.

Post by Rafferty Barnes »

Thanks to TheJeopardyFan for the link. Power Players, Teachers Tournament, and Teen Tournament will be filmed in Washington D.C. in April. More info on how to get tickets will be available on Friday.

http://wjla.com/news/local/jeopardy-02-22-2016
JillyJill
2016 Teachers Tournament

Re: Jeopardy taping three tournaments in D.C.

Post by JillyJill »

There is b-roll of my appearance interspersed. Here is a screen shot. I am in the champion's spot (placed there by alphabetical order).
Attachments
podium pic.JPG
podium pic.JPG (35.98 KiB) Viewed 8516 times
worldwidewebster
Valued Contributor

Post by worldwidewebster »

So, I guess "Power Players" is a permanent fixture now...? Is it at least going to replace Celebrity J!, I hope?
Rafferty Barnes
Jeopardy! Champion

worldwidewebster wrote:So, I guess "Power Players" is a permanent fixture now...? Is it at least going to replace Celebrity J!, I hope?
They usually only do Power Players in a presidential election year, so still plenty of space for regular celebrities in other seasons!
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

The big news is that the teens are getting a $25,000 increase in their champ's purse to be commensurate with the college kids and the teachers.
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

Rafferty Barnes wrote:Thanks to TheJeopardyFan for the link. Power Players, Teachers Tournament, and Teen Tournament will be filmed in Washington D.C. in April. More info on how to get tickets will be available on Friday.
This is not a very tricky pseudonym, Megan! However, the mustache did throw me off.

Rex . . . I mean -- no, wait, yes, Rex. Definitely Rex.
Rafferty Barnes
Jeopardy! Champion

For tickets, the Teen Tournament free tickets will go up on Monday, March 7th at 6 a.m. here. http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/2216407

Teachers the next Monday the 14th, and Power Players on Monday the 21st. http://wjla.com/news/local/jeopardy-02-22-2016
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Rafferty Barnes wrote:For tickets, the Teen Tournament free tickets will go up on Monday, March 7th at 6 a.m. here. http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/2216407

Teachers the next Monday the 14th, and Power Players on Monday the 21st. http://wjla.com/news/local/jeopardy-02-22-2016
Thanks, Megan!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Tickets for the other shows are also available through Tickemaster:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/2216 ... -Skimlinks
MarkyMarkm
Valued Contributor

Post by MarkyMarkm »

Wish they would do this at a place like 6 and I. While the main stage is smaller, they could add room by taking over some of the front rows. And the acoustics/intimacy would be great. And much, much more convenient for Metro folks.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Robert K S wrote:The big news is that the teens are getting a $25,000 increase in their champ's purse to be commensurate with the college kids and the teachers.

Good. I always thought they should get more than they did, especially since they were banned from the TOC and denied an extra $5,000 (at least) like the other tourney winners get.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Are they actually going to charge money for this? (Did they do that before?)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Tickets are free, but Ticketmaster has service fees.
Rafferty Barnes
Jeopardy! Champion

Three hours after they opened, all the 4 p.m. tickets for the Teen Tournament tapings have been claimed, though they still have the noon tapings available. So if you're trying to get Teachers or Power Players, make sure you set your alarm for 6 a.m. Monday!
MrMushnik
Wheel of Jeopardy!

Post by MrMushnik »

Anyone going to this? I have never been to D.C., and when I found out they were taping there, I impulsed bought some airfare and am staying nights of April 7-10 to see all the cool stuff I feel like I should have seen already. My alarm is set for 5am CST. :roll:
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

worldwidewebster wrote:So, I guess "Power Players" is a permanent fixture now...? Is it at least going to replace Celebrity J!, I hope?
Meh. I find the whole idea of "power players" to be obnoxious. The only fun comes from the schadenfreude when a self-important blowhard self-destructs. And that can happen during an ordinary celebrity week as well. At least a celebrity week gives its contestants a suitably frivolous designation.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

MarkyMarkm wrote:Wish they would do this at a place like 6 and I. While the main stage is smaller, they could add room by taking over some of the front rows. And the acoustics/intimacy would be great. And much, much more convenient for Metro folks.
Didn't you hear? They're closing the Metro for maintenance in April. They hope to re-open by the end of 2021.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

opusthepenguin wrote:
Meh. I find the whole idea of "power players" to be obnoxious. The only fun comes from the schadenfreude when a self-important blowhard self-destructs. And that can happen during an ordinary celebrity week as well. At least a celebrity week gives its contestants a suitably frivolous designation.
Power Players Week is just talking heads from political shows. I don't care any more about them than I do the usual celebrity idiots. Depending on your political leanings, you might get excited about seeing someone on one side or the other go down in flames. Personally, I love seeing all of them do terribly.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Bamaman wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:
Power Players Week is just talking heads from political shows.
Well, and Dr. Oz and Lewis Black and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 2012. Kareem does write some good political commentary so he sort of qualifies. But he wasn't introduced as an activist and cultural critic. I don't really care, I'm just sayin'. Any excuse to give Kareem another J! appearance is fine by me. Dr. Oz, on the other hand....
Bamaman wrote:I don't care any more about them than I do the usual celebrity idiots. Depending on your political leanings, you might get excited about seeing someone on one side or the other go down in flames. Personally, I love seeing all of them do terribly.
I like that. But then I hate that I like it. The whole thing leaves me a little queasy and I wish it would just go away.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

opusthepenuin wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:
Power Players Week is just talking heads from political shows.
Well, and Dr. Oz and Lewis Black and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 2012. Kareem does write some good political commentary so he sort of qualifies. But he wasn't introduced as an activist and cultural critic. I don't really care, I'm just sayin'. Any excuse to give Kareem another J! appearance is fine by me. Dr. Oz, on the other hand....
Black's humor seems to be mostly political, so I guess that is how he gets in. Not sure what Oz did to make it other than be part of the Oprah empire. Kareem made it from being a basketball player rather than what he did off the court, but whatever.
Bamaman wrote:I don't care any more about them than I do the usual celebrity idiots. Depending on your political leanings, you might get excited about seeing someone on one side or the other go down in flames. Personally, I love seeing all of them do terribly.
opusthepenuin wrote:I like that. But then I hate that I like it. The whole thing leaves me a little queasy and I wish it would just go away.
I like that you hate that you like it. I hate you feel queasy, though. Maybe you should go lie down until you feel better.