j!archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

sumithar
Contributor

j!archive

Post by sumithar »

any idea why the j!archive doesn't have any questions for the past few days?
Thanks
PS I tried searching on the string j!archive on this forum but the search engine didn't like the search term
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Re: j!archive

Post by triviawayne »

sumithar wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:30 am any idea why the j!archive doesn't have any questions for the past few days?
Thanks
PS I tried searching on the string j!archive on this forum but the search engine didn't like the search term
it's done by volunteers, it has no affiliation with Jeopardy. They will get to it, but sometimes they have more important things to do.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Because the games have not been inputted yet.
Golf
Wet Paper Bag Charmer

Post by Golf »

I find it interesting that you have posted a mere four times in the last year plus, all four posts in threads that you started.
Archivists
Fan-created archive of games and players

Post by Archivists »

We are further behind on entry than I realized. Sorry about that. I will work to get us caught up.
sumithar
Contributor

Post by sumithar »

Absolutely- do take your time. Thanks!
sumithar
Contributor

Post by sumithar »

Golf wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:25 am I find it interesting that you have posted a mere four times in the last year plus, all four posts in threads that you started.
If you must know I have pretty much stopped watching this show. I find the judges too nitpicky. Like the lady who got dinged for Stella D'Artois or not saying "arc welding". It's Jeopardy's policy to be very strict for their own, I am sure, valid reasons but over time I have fond it a turn off.
I had recently heard about Austin Rogers so was curious to see what his games were like and what kind of betting he had done, so was checking out J!Archive.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

sumithar wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:10 pm
Golf wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:25 am I find it interesting that you have posted a mere four times in the last year plus, all four posts in threads that you started.
If you must know I have pretty much stopped watching this show. I find the judges too nitpicky. Like the lady who got dinged for Stella D'Artois or not saying "arc welding". It's Jeopardy's policy to be very strict for their own, I am sure, valid reasons but over time I have fond it a turn off.
I had recently heard about Austin Rogers so was curious to see what his games were like and what kind of betting he had done, so was checking out J!Archive.
Here, I wrote a song for you. It's to the tune of "Gee Officer Krupke" from West Side Story.

https://jboard.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2957&p=178379
Kenny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Kenny »

sumithar wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:10 pm If you must know I have pretty much stopped watching this show. I find the judges too nitpicky. Like the lady who got dinged for Stella D'Artois or not saying "arc welding".
Haha, I was watching and when she said "Stella D'Artois" and Alex accepted, I was going "No way! It's not D'Artois!" Then the judges overruled him. Good call, IMO. That's like saying "Boodveezer" for Budweiser.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Kenny wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:08 pm
sumithar wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:10 pm If you must know I have pretty much stopped watching this show. I find the judges too nitpicky. Like the lady who got dinged for Stella D'Artois or not saying "arc welding".
Haha, I was watching and when she said "Stella D'Artois" and Alex accepted, I was going "No way! It's not D'Artois!" Then the judges overruled him. Good call, IMO. That's like saying "Boodveezer" for Budweiser.
... as opposed to the correct pronunciation of Budweiser of "Piss Water".