Adult Online Test: Apr 9, 10, 11

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

slam
Auditioning Since 1985

Re: Adult Online Test: Apr 9, 10, 11

Post by slam »

opusthepenguin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:24 pm
slam wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:24 pm Now that I think about it, could this be a reasonable contestant story?
Maybe for someone who actually gets on the show! :lol:
:lol:
immaf
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by immaf »

I almost hesitate to report for fear of jinxing myself:
# of times taking and passing the test in the postcard era =2
# of times getting what I believe is a passing score on the online test = 4 (but I have taken the online test more than that -- I don't always do well)
# of in-person auditions in the online era = 4
So I'm batting 1000 as far as getting an in-person interview. However, # of times getting "The Call" = 0
Teems with quiet fun.
RJRouge
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by RJRouge »

John Boy wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:32 pm
RJRouge wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:54 pm I can only hope I do as well as I've done the past few years, but also get through the random selection afterward for the auditions. My luck, however, is abysmal.
I'm curious to compare. Between 2009 and 2017, inclusive, I passed a J! online contestant quiz seven times without getting an invitation to an audition.

I finally broke the string last year, when I passed again in the spring and made it to an audition in June.

How does your record compare with that?
Well, I've passed every online test since they've been releasing the clues afterward, so most likely many of them beforehand as well. Got a live audition in... 2011, I believe it was. Also got a call before the tests went online, but must not have passed that one. I think only one or two people from our group moved on there.
Pointer
Contributor

Post by Pointer »

I was invited to the audition in New York last spring, but was unable to get to it - flight canceled for weather. Didn't get the follow-up invite to the fall sessions in Philadelphia, even though a contestant coordinator even emailed me and gave me a heads-up about the upcoming Philly auditions.
What's the chances I'll be at the top of the list for Boston if I pass the on-line test in April? Or (dare I hope?) to get a bye into this year's auditions because of my difficulties last year?
I'll never be able to get my fingers uncrossed again!
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Pointer wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:56 pm I was invited to the audition in New York last spring, but was unable to get to it - flight canceled for weather. Didn't get the follow-up invite to the fall sessions in Philadelphia, even though a contestant coordinator even emailed me and gave me a heads-up about the upcoming Philly auditions.
What's the chances I'll be at the top of the list for Boston if I pass the on-line test in April? Or (dare I hope?) to get a bye into this year's auditions because of my difficulties last year?
The best you can do is email the contestant coordinator closer to the test date and remind them of your situation - very briefly and politely.

I got the call in Sep 2018 but couldn't do it because I had just taped Millionaire 2 weeks earlier - BOO! The CC told me to email when I got my air date, so I did. No reply. So I waited awhile and emailed again, then I got a response right away. My status is unclear, but I'm taking the test this April and we'll see what happens! But I won't email the CC again ;)
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Well dang. Looks like I'll have to do the 9th or 11th. The Man Who Killed Don Quixote is getting a one day theatrical release on the 10th.
https://news.avclub.com/not-a-drill-the ... 1832908447

Plan accordingly if you're also going :D
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Pointer
Contributor

Post by Pointer »

morbeedo wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:23 pm
Pointer wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:56 pm I was invited to the audition in New York last spring, but was unable to get to it - flight canceled for weather. Didn't get the follow-up invite to the fall sessions in Philadelphia, even though a contestant coordinator even emailed me and gave me a heads-up about the upcoming Philly auditions.
The best you can do is email the contestant coordinator closer to the test date and remind them of your situation - very briefly and politely.
Thank for the sage advice, morbeedo. It's very much appreciated.
And I wish you the best of luck with yours as well.
rouquinne
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by rouquinne »

So.... my current swim in the contestant pool will see the plug pulled on *sigh* April 14th!

And I'll bet I won't be permitted to write on one of the three days listed.

:cry:

The arthritis in my hands is getting to be *so* bad, soon I doubt I'd be able to even use the buzzer....

:|
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

rouquinne wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:54 pm So.... my current swim in the contestant pool will see the plug pulled on *sigh* April 14th!

:cry:

The arthritis in my hands is getting to be *so* bad, soon I doubt I'd be able to even use the buzzer....

:|
You should absolutely take the test. By the time you get invited to an audition, the 18 months will be up.

Sorry to hear about your arthritis. If you make the show, you could ask about an accommodation and if they can help you they will
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

rouquinne wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:54 pm So.... my current swim in the contestant pool will see the plug pulled on *sigh* April 14th!

I auditioned in August 2007 and took the online test again in January 2009, 17 (and a half) months later. (And then they called me a month after that.)
reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by reddpen »

morbeedo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:37 pm Dates and audition cities are now posted for the 2019 Adult Test:
https://www.jeopardy.com/be-on-j

NYC is not on the list! Maybe it gets added later?
Where y'all seeing this list of audition cities? I've been all over the site, logged in, searched for "audition cities"... nothing. Am I going blind?
In and out of the pool four times
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

reddpen wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:49 am
morbeedo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:37 pm Dates and audition cities are now posted for the 2019 Adult Test:
https://www.jeopardy.com/be-on-j

NYC is not on the list! Maybe it gets added later?
Where y'all seeing this list of audition cities? I've been all over the site, logged in, searched for "audition cities"... nothing. Am I going blind?
You can select an audition city on your profile page, but first you have to register
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

I suck at this, but what the hell. What do I have to lose.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:05 pm I suck at this, but what the hell. What do I have to lose.
about 15 minutes
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

morbeedo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:31 pm
TenPoundHammer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:05 pm I suck at this, but what the hell. What do I have to lose.
about 15 minutes
You're saving him money on car insurance?
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

alietr wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:18 pm
about 15 minutes
Could switching to GEICO save you 15 percent or more on your car insurance?

Are GEICO commercials about as funny as shoving a knitting needle directly into your eyeball?
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 pm
about 15 minutes

Are GEICO commercials about as funny as shoving a knitting needle directly into your eyeball?
I like the lobster one...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 pm
about 15 minutes

I don't know...would you like me to shove a knitting needle directly into your eyeball to find out?
Total game show career losings = $171,522
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Hump day ... the squirrels ... the caveman in the airport ... the opossum ... some of them are really clever.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

alietr wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:15 am Hump day ... the squirrels ... the caveman in the airport ... the opossum ... some of them are really clever.
It's just not my kind of humor. Even the ones that I think have a halfway decent gag usually drag it out way too long, and make it feel like I'm watching a rejected Family Guy cutaway. (To be fair, the squirrel one and the caveman in the airport were at least reasonably paced. But IMO the caveman one was ruined by going back to the well one time too many -- and that was before they got a sitcom.
triviawayne wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:41 am I don't know...would you like me to shove a knitting needle directly into your eyeball to find out?
Well, if we go by Family Guy rules, then you'd see me shove it in my eyeball, blood gush out as if from a Happy Tree Friends character, and three solid minutes of me writhing, screaming, and destroying everything within 100 feet of me. In the process I would probably also shove knitting needles into the eyeballs of random celebrities, a Jewish steroetype, a gay stereotype, and the fetus of a pregnant woman. And then randomly cut away to someone singing "Two Princes" by the Spin Doctors while watching an elephant take a dump.