How long were the "broadcast runs" for Julia Collins, David Madden, et al?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

mdude04
Valued Contributor

How long were the "broadcast runs" for Julia Collins, David Madden, et al?

Post by mdude04 »

In my mind for some reason, I recall Julia or David (or someone else) being on the air for months, not weeks, due to the fact that they were interrupted by multiple tournaments or other special weeks.

So, aside from Ken, who has the longest span of real time from "first episode aired" to "final episode aired"? For this exercise, we can exclude anyone who was carried over between seasons (I don't think any of the top 10 most-games-won contestants other than Ken would fit into this category anyway)
georgespelvin
The Charlie Brown of Jeopardy Auditions

Re: How long were the "broadcast runs" for Julia Collins, David Madden, et al?

Post by georgespelvin »

David Madden definitely had his run over two seasons.
I used to be AWSOP but wanted to be more theatrical.
The Answer Is

Post by The Answer Is »

georgespelvin wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:28 am David Madden definitely had his run over two seasons.
Indeed he did. His first game aired on July 5, 2005 with his defeat telecast on September 19, 2005.
Julia's first victory was shown on April 21, 2014 and she was conquered on June 2, 2014...ten years to the day of Ken Jennings' first appearance.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

The first season ended on June 7, 1985 (a day after I graduated high school) with a player who won his second game. He lost in the S2 opener on September 9, 1985.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Bamaman wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:02 pm The first season ended on June 7, 1985 (a day after I graduated high school) with a player who won his second game. He lost in the S2 opener on September 9, 1985.
Said player was Alan Lefkowitz, an advertising consultant from Los Angeles, California.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Arthur Chu's run was split up into three chunks by four weeks of tourneys--two weeks of Battle of the Decades, and two weeks of College Championship--including three weeks right near the beginning between day 4 and day 5. (I seem to recall that the official Jeopardy YouTube spoiled his second week of wins, and we all had to pretend for most of the month of February we didn't know he was going to win at least another week.) (Those of us who watched the spoiler, anyway.) 12 Shows that took 44 calendar days to air.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:26 pm Arthur Chu's run was split up into three chunks by four weeks of tourneys--two weeks of Battle of the Decades, and two weeks of College Championship--including three weeks right near the beginning between day 4 and day 5. (I seem to recall that the official Jeopardy YouTube spoiled his second week of wins, and we all had to pretend for most of the month of February we didn't know he was going to win at least another week.) (Those of us who watched the spoiler, anyway.) 12 Shows that took 44 calendar days to air.
I have long hoped that when I get on something like the summer break would happen so I could forever tell people I was Jeopardy champion for six weeks. :lol:
Total game show career losings = $171,522
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

triviawayne wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:41 pm
MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:26 pm Arthur Chu's run was split up into three chunks by four weeks of tourneys--two weeks of Battle of the Decades, and two weeks of College Championship--including three weeks right near the beginning between day 4 and day 5. (I seem to recall that the official Jeopardy YouTube spoiled his second week of wins, and we all had to pretend for most of the month of February we didn't know he was going to win at least another week.) (Those of us who watched the spoiler, anyway.) 12 Shows that took 44 calendar days to air.
I have long hoped that when I get on something like the summer break would happen so I could forever tell people I was Jeopardy champion for six weeks. :lol:
In real time I was champ for nearly four months.
Bob78164
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Bob78164 »

Hah! I've got you all beat. Four months and two days. I think I outlasted everyone but Ken. --Bob
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Not as long as the gap between regular play through the Teen Tournament and UTOC of aught five is Priscilla Ball: http://j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=5967

Another with unusual circumstances breaking up play is Claudia Corriere: http://j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=10331
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

On the other side of the coin, Ken Jennings played his first 38 games uninterrupted, a record that still stands. The second half of his run was then interrupted 4 times: for the ToC, a Kids Week, whatever it was they ran on Election Day I don't remember, and the College Championship.

The two halves were interrupted by the summer reruns, of course, so that's 5 interruptions total, over 181 days, just shy of half a year.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:11 pm On the other side of the coin, Ken Jennings played his first 38 games uninterrupted, a record that still stands. The second half of his run was then interrupted 4 times: for the ToC, a Kids Week, whatever it was they ran on Election Day I don't remember, and the College Championship.

The two halves were interrupted by the summer reruns, of course, so that's 5 interruptions total, over 181 days, just shy of half a year.
43 vs. Long Face was what aired on Tuesday the 2nd: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=45 causing slides with a new ep. airing on Sat. the 6th.