Monday, May 6, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re: Monday, May 6, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by opusthepenguin »

threearruda wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:24 pm
opusthepenguin wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:45 pm
I wonder how many poems there are where Jeopardy! can quote non-title lines and reliably expect contestants to provide the name of the poet and/or poem. The list can't be terribly long.
Add on Omar Khayyam's Rubaiyat, maybe? "A jug of wine, a loaf of bread, and thou" has come up enough times over the years (at least, per the Archive) for me to count it. They asked about it earlier this year, in fact ($1200, Poet ID, Please). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Definitely. That's a great addition. And "Water, water everywhere/ Nor any drop to drink" from Coleridge's Rime of the Ancient Mariner. That's another poem they keep going back to.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

opusthepenguin wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:45 pm 8. Old age should burn and rave at close of day;/ Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Wait, this wasn't Michael Caine?
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Volante wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:37 pm
opusthepenguin wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:45 pm 8. Old age should burn and rave at close of day;/ Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
"Michael Caine," as everyone knows, is the stage name of the man born Maurice Joseph Micklewhite. Micklewhite also wrote poems under the name Dylan Thomas and has had a modestly successful career as a singer with the name Robert Zimmerman.
twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by twelvefootboy »

opusthepenguin wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:39 am
Volante wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:37 pm
"Michael Caine," as everyone knows, is the stage name of the man born Maurice Joseph Micklewhite. Micklewhite also wrote poems under the name Dylan Thomas and has had a modestly successful career as a singer with the name Robert Zimmerman.
OK, OtP.. Now I'm dumber than I was before I read this post. You are in my lane now :lol:
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.