LL81: LearnedLeague

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

LL81: LearnedLeague

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

The matchups are up for the new season which starts Wednesday, May 22. More and more I miss the ability to search for players by state. It does look like one of the South Dakotans who took a season or 2 off is back. My goal this season is, as always, to win the South Dakota Championship.

(There's still a couple of One-Days Special to play, and the Sports Championship, if you managed to get into that. Take that talk to the LL80 thread, though, mister!)
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Re: LL81: LearnedLeague

Post by Woof »

Just took a look at my humble Rundle and saw a new name among the participants, BlishS. Gonna be a fun season, I can tell... :mrgreen:
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Back down to Prairie C and I'm already in 4th as it's unusual for three surnames to be ahead of me alphabetically. I get to tangle twice with KendallDH since there are only 20 in the group. My draw is only one match against board member HittM which is fine by me since he's ahead H2H 4-2.
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

A Horizon again, with quite a few boardies.
Hoping for a third lap
Coelacanth
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Coelacanth »

Starting in the relegation zone yet again. Sigh.
Brian Weikle
Season 19
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Coelacanth wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:00 pm Starting in the relegation zone yet again. Sigh.
I feel your pain, although I am just next-to-last this season.

Somehow I was unexpectedly promoted to D for this season. Maybe it will stick this time.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Coelacanth wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:00 pm Starting in the relegation zone yet again. Sigh.
You'd have to change your last name to avoid that.

I'm in A Taiga with a few other boardies.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

I am in Taiga R Div 2 for a Rookie whirl at it, courtesy of an invite from the magnificent morbeedo. I was looking for an email of sorts, so grateful for the prompt timing of this new thread. My goal is to not be the cause of a new, lower, division.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
1stlvlthinker

Post by 1stlvlthinker »

Relegated back to E (Bayou E, Div 2).

Last 2 times I've been in E, I've moved up to D, but I needed a strong showing at the end of the season to do it, so nothing taken for granted now.
Now swimming in the J! pool.
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

twelvefootboy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:37 am I am in Taiga R Div 2 for a Rookie whirl at it, courtesy of an invite from the magnificent morbeedo. I was looking for an email of sorts, so grateful for the prompt timing of this new thread. My goal is to not be the cause of a new, lower, division.
i guess i should have taken up ellendillpickle on her invitation...we could have battled for the bottom
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

CasketRomance wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:24 am
twelvefootboy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:37 am I am in Taiga R Div 2 for a Rookie whirl at it, courtesy of an invite from the magnificent morbeedo. I was looking for an email of sorts, so grateful for the prompt timing of this new thread. My goal is to not be the cause of a new, lower, division.
i guess i should have taken up ellendillpickle on her invitation...we could have battled for the bottom
Yeah, I almost put in a nudge about it but the deadline snuck up on me. I probably came close to forfeiting the first game or two waiting on an email from LL. I "audited" LL80 because I missed the sign-up deadline. I averaged about 2 right answers (of 6), and will definitely wind up in the low minor leagues. If you decide to track the questions this cycle, you can access them the day after they are played. And I think they have a rule here not to discuss same day questions. Just don't look at this thread before you get caught up. There's still a lot of nuances to LL that I don't understand, but it mostly is about seeing good trivia questions for me.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

twelvefootboy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:29 pmAnd I think they have a rule here not to discuss same day questions.
You are correct. And to reiterate to those who may not be familiar with the rules: NO DISCUSSION WHATSOEVER ON HERE OF ANY QUESTIONS ON THE DAY OF THAT GAME. Once the questions are graded, you are free to discuss them to your heart's content.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

alietr wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:17 pm
twelvefootboy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:29 pmAnd I think they have a rule here not to discuss same day questions.
You are correct. And to reiterate to those who may not be familiar with the rules: NO DISCUSSION WHATSOEVER ON HERE OF ANY QUESTIONS ON THE DAY OF THAT GAME. Once the questions are graded, you are free to discuss them to your heart's content.
This also includes not saying things like "Man, those were hard/easy" or "I only got X correct".
SenseiCAY
Jeopardy Participant

Post by SenseiCAY »

I've been nervously chomping at the bit to jump back in since last season ended with my first rundle win (E rundle, but still...) and my first time with a QPct over .500 (79 TCA...seriously...how do you folks that bat over .600 or .700 do it?? I suck at movies, pop music, and TV).

Looking forward to falling back to E, as I always play crap defense once people start knowing stuff, so I never last more than a season or two in D even though my QPct is comparable to everyone else up there.
badgerfellow
One and Done

Post by badgerfellow »

I got moved vertically (downward) and horizontally, as I move from Midland A to Outback B. Jury is still out if the winner of each Rundle gets a free Blooming Onion.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

badgerfellow wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:32 pm I got moved vertically (downward) and horizontally, as I move from Midland A to Outback B. Jury is still out if the winner of each Rundle gets a free Blooming Onion.
I'm a rookie now and know I'm supposed to stfu, but is there any significance to the "horizontal" placement? A through E, I understand. Weird rundle divisions, not so much. Does it just mean there was not enough openings (advancements or relegations) in Midland B? Do they use the designated hitter in Outback? Or aluminum bats?

This is half rhetorical, and I'll sort out all this soon enough. Looking forward to the experience, and just finished my flag which I will make my new avatar here.
badgerfellow
One and Done

Post by badgerfellow »

twelvefootboy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:20 pm
badgerfellow wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:32 pm I got moved vertically (downward) and horizontally, as I move from Midland A to Outback B. Jury is still out if the winner of each Rundle gets a free Blooming Onion.
I'm a rookie now and know I'm supposed to stfu, but is there any significance to the "horizontal" placement? A through E, I understand. Weird rundle divisions, not so much. Does it just mean there was not enough openings (advancements or relegations) in Midland B? Do they use the designated hitter in Outback? Or aluminum bats?

This is half rhetorical, and I'll sort out all this soon enough. Looking forward to the experience, and just finished my flag which I will make my new avatar here.
That question is a fair one. After each season, Thorsten realigns a portion of players into new leagues to account for growth. Typically, you keep the Rundle level you earned from your prior league into the new league.
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

Good luck to all this season!
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

ouachiouat wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:48 am Good luck to all this season!
Seconded!
SenseiCAY
Jeopardy Participant

Post by SenseiCAY »

twelvefootboy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:20 pm Looking forward to the experience, and just finished my flag which I will make my new avatar here.
Hunh...pole vaulting was not one of the things that came to mind when I thought "twelvefootboy" but it makes total sense.