TD 425: O-H-I-O (Final Standings Posted!)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

TD 425: O-H-I-O (Final Standings Posted!)

Post by barandall800 »

Welcome to Think Different 425! It's definitely been a minute since I've hosted a Think Different game, but hopefully I'm not too rusty. The inspiration for this game is the great state of Ohio, where I moved a little over a year ago after getting married (my wife is an Ohio native and just finished up grad school here). Having lived my entire life in the West, it's been a bit of a change, but an absolutely wonderful one -- Ohio may not be the flashiest of states, but I think it's pretty darn cool. While it certainly helps to know as much as possible about Ohio (or even better, live there), I've made every effort I can to make this game accessible to everyone, even if you're only familiar with the state in passing (that was certainly me before I moved here).

To start off, the rules:

1. As usual with TDs, the lowest score wins.
2. Wrong answers will score the sheep answer, plus 3 points.
3. You may DROP one question for a score of 0.
3. You may also choose the SHEEP on one question for a score of the most popular answer on that question.
4. As always, no intentional outside research or cheating is allowed. Use only your brains.
5. DO NOT POST answers in this thread, nor post any comment that would give away an answer. Feel free to send me a PM if you need any clarifications that would give away an answer. I will be posting all of them relevant for everyone below.
6. Ties will be broken based on order of entry, which is based on the timestamp from when you submit the Google form.

Entries will be due Monday, July 1 by 2 PM Eastern Daylight Time. (Entries after that deadline but before the reveal begins will generally be accepted.)

Please submit via this Google form.

Entry list:
Spoiler
  1. Ironhorse
  2. gamawire
  3. Kirbstar
  4. MarkBarrett
  5. Rackme32
  6. shambolic
  7. MollyQMurphy
  8. choplakecity
  9. ReinholdGoldthwait
  10. Coach P
  11. bmwhitehead
  12. clt013
  13. ChexMix
  14. immaf
  15. SenseiCAY
  16. merica
  17. jeffwolfe
  18. badgerfellow
  19. clprez
  20. xabe
  21. Peachbox
  22. Enormous Jeans
  23. econgator
  24. Woof
  25. AFRET CMS
  26. deano
  27. twelvefootboy
  28. floridagator
  29. threearruda
  30. morbeedo
  31. 9021amyers
  32. ouachiouat
  33. spell4yr
  34. classicroadster
  35. heppm01
  36. squarekara
Last edited by barandall800 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:43 am, edited 34 times in total.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Questions

Post by barandall800 »

1. Ohio is, of course, home to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Name one of the following Rock Hall inductees whose songs are listed below (14).

“Creep,” “Lotus Flower”
“Turn to Stone,” “Mr. Blue Sky”
“Think,” “Freeway of Love”
“Tom Sawyer,” “Closer to the Heart”
“Ring Ring,” “The Winner Takes It All”
“Mississippi Goddam,” “To Be Young, Gifted, and Black”
“Short People,” “You’ve Got a Friend in Me”
“Play the Game,” “Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy”
“Nasty,” “Rhythm Nation”
“Solsbury Hill,” “San Jacinto”
“Where the Streets Have No Name,” “One”
“Come On to Me,” “Jenny Wren”
“A Case of You,” “Woodstock”
“25 or 6 to 4,” “You’re the Inspiration”

2. Ohio is part of the Great Lakes region. Name one of the 5 Great Lakes, or one of the 9 U.S. states or Canadian provinces with a shoreline on at least one of the Great Lakes (14). (Note: A few of the lakes share their names with states. These answers will be counted separately. Please specify whether your answer is a lake or state if possible -- I will PM you with a BMS if needed).

3. Ohio is home to many places of higher education (an inordinate amount, it seems). Name one of the following higher education institutions based on their logo/branding pictured here (12). Link (Note: Answers of just initials will not be accepted.)

4. Ohio has many unique city and town names – but also many that it shares with other locales. Name one of the following Ohio city names shared with another locale, based on a brief description of the other locale (12).

Central Spanish city called the “Imperial City” and designated as an UNESCO World Heritage site
Least populous U.S. state
Capital and largest city of Peru
“The Radiant City” located in Saudi Arabia; regarded as one of the two holiest cities in Islam (though not primarily as a site of pilgrimage)
South Atlantic U.S. state associated with a recent Vice President and current presidential candidate
Capital and largest city of Ireland
Middle Eastern country historically known for its cedars
Italian city that serves as the namesake for a cheese commonly used to top spaghetti and other pastas
Northwestern U.S. state known as “The Beaver State”
Capital and largest city of the United Kingdom
City in New Jersey where the state’s largest and busiest airport is located
Capital of Illinois (and fictional setting of a long-running animated program)

5. Cleveland, Ohio was the filming location for a few of the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Name a theatrically released Marvel Cinematic Universe film (22). (Notes: Full titles, please -- meaning, please include subtitles for films that have them. The film must have already been theatrically released.)

6. Ohio is the birthplace of many, many famous individuals. Name one of these famous Ohioans based on their picture (14). Link

7. Ohio is home to the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic. Give the answer to one of these pieces of trivia about medical breakthroughs and discoveries (11).

The current president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Russell M. Nelson, was on the team that developed this machine, used during cardiopulmonary bypass to take over functions for two specific organs
This man discovered and helped develop the polio vaccine
Alexander Fleming discovered this antibiotic in 1928
Another common name for X-rays or X-radiation is in honor of this man who first detected them in 1895
This surgery pioneer published the influential paper “Antiseptic Principle of the Practice of Surgery” in 1867
This country is where the first human-to-human heart transplant occurred in 1967
This Greek physician is often referred to as the “Father of Medicine”
Rene Laennec invented this commonly used medical device in 1816
This physician was the first woman to receive a medical degree in the U.S.
Dolly, the first mammal cloned from an adult cell, was this kind of animal
A 1953 article by this British duo lays out their discovery of the double helix DNA structure

8. There are a wide variety of major league sports franchises that play in Ohio. Name a major league sports franchise (NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB, or MLS) located in Ohio, or one of the venues they call home (16).

9. Not only is Ohio the home of many famous people (as demonstrated in question 6), it is also the birthplace or adopted home state of various U.S. presidents and presidential candidates. Name one of the pictured presidents or presidential candidates from Ohio (10). Link

10. One of the most rewarding discoveries I’ve made about life in Ohio is that there is a LOT of incredible ice cream here. Name one of the following ice cream brands/companies based on clues about them (13).

This “splendid ice creams” shop, founded by and named after a female entrepreneur, has expanded from its home of Columbus to Nashville, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Atlanta; it features flavors such as Gooey Butter Cake and Wildberry Lavender
Based in Vermont, this company has flavors that include Chunky Monkey, Half Baked, and Cherry Garcia
Known as Edy’s Ice Cream east of the Rocky Mountains, this brand is a subsidiary of Nestle
Based in Scottsdale, Arizona, this franchise has signature creations such as Birthday Cake Remix and Cookie Doughn’t You Want Some, and traditionally has their employees sing when receiving a tip
Contrary to what its name may suggest, this company was started by American husband-and-wife team Reuben and Rose Mattus (who wanted a foreign-sounding brand name and settled on something reminiscent of Danish)
Known for its “French pot” method of handcrafted ice cream and its Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip flavor, this Cincinnati-based company was declared Oprah’s favorite ice cream in 2002
This super-premium ice cream company is based in California and has flavors with architecturally-inspired names, like Mintimalism and Frank Behry
This Texas-based brand was hit hard by a 2015 listeriosis outbreak which prompted a large recall, but has since returned to wide distribution
An Oregon dairy cooperative sells products under this brand name, including ice creams such as Marionberry Pie and a Mudslide flavor
Sharing a name with a classical composer, this Youngstown, Ohio-based “homemade” chain counts Tom Cruise among its celebrity fans
This ice cream franchise is known for their soft-serve, but is arguably more famous for their creative cake characters like Cookie Puss and Fudgie the Whale
Now owned by Dunkin Brands (also the parent company of Dunkin’ Donuts), this ice cream shop is known for its “31 Flavors” slogan

11. The world-renowned Cleveland Orchestra is based in historic Severance Hall. Name one of these well-known performing arts venues based on their initials and location (13).

R.A.H. – London
C.H. – New York
R.C.M.H. – New York
S.J.S.S. – London
M.H. – Toronto
P.d.B.A. – Mexico City
W.D.C.H. – Los Angeles
A.H. – Salt Lake City
C.M.H. – Cincinnati
B.H. – Seattle
S.O.H. – Sydney
T.d.C-E. – Paris
K.C. – Washington, D.C.

12. To close, here’s a collection of Ohio potpourri. Give the answer to one of these Ohio-themed trivia clues (12).

This hit song by the McCoys is played at many Ohio sports games, featuring a chant of “O - H - I - O!”; it was made Ohio’s official rock song in 1985
Ohio’s state nickname shares a name with this confection, peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate made to resemble the tree nut Ohio’s nickname comes from
This Cleveland theatre district is the largest performing arts center outside New York, and hosts many Broadway touring productions (among many other events)
This singer-songwriter composed the song “Ohio” in 1970 for his group in response to the Kent State shootings in Ohio that year
This Ohio city is home to the Pro Football Hall of Fame and is known as the birthplace of the NFL
These Central/Eastern European dumplings are popular in Ohio, with fillings typically including potato, sauerkraut, ground meat, cheese, or even fruit; they are often served with butter, sour cream, and/or fried onion
This tire and rubber company has been based in Akron, Ohio since its 1898 founding
While North Carolina is known as “first in flight,” Congress declared Ohio to be the “birthplace of” this word, due to the Wright brothers being born and based in Dayton
This Ohio village is the location of a recently closed General Motors plant, which has become a political flashpoint of sorts
This second-oldest amusement park in the United States is located in Sandusky, and according to Wikipedia is the only park in the world with six coasters taller than 200 feet
You can have the Cincinnati variety of this food – somewhat deceptively named for those familiar with the more common variety – 2-way (with spaghetti), 3-way (adding cheese), or even 5-way (adding beans and onions)
With a name like this well-known jelly/jam company based in Orrville, Ohio, it has to be good, according to their well-known slogan
Last edited by barandall800 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: TD 425: O-H-I-O

Post by barandall800 »

The questions are up! Enjoy the game.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

Midweek bump! Lots of singletons still available.
ouachiouat
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by ouachiouat »

I find this a great TD to close my time in the great state of Ohio, as I'm moving in just a couple of weeks. Thanks for putting it together!
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

Friday bump! 3 days (and a little less than an hour) to get your entries in. There are still quite a few singletons up for grabs. Come on in, the (insert Great Lake name here) water’s fine! :P
Peachbox
Sports Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by Peachbox »

Congratulations on your marriage, and thanks for hosting! :)
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

A little less than a day to go! Don’t miss out.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

One last bump before the deadline! Just a little under 3 hours to go.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

barandall800 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:07 am One last bump before the deadline! Just a little under 3 hours to go.
Did I win?
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

morbeedo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:37 am
barandall800 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:07 am One last bump before the deadline! Just a little under 3 hours to go.
Did I win?

:D
spell4yr
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by spell4yr »

CasketRomance wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:37 am
did i win
ftfy
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: TD 425: O-H-I-O (Reveal to begin soon -- entries still accepted!)

Post by barandall800 »

The deadline has passed; however, although I will be beginning the reveal soon, I'll be watching for any last-minute entries before I start. Stay tuned for what is sure to be an exciting game! :)
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Re: TD 425: O-H-I-O (Reveal to begin soon -- entries still accepted!)

Post by squarekara »

Late submission. Sorry!
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Question 1: The Rock Hall

Post by barandall800 »

The reveal begins with question 1 ...

1. Ohio is, of course, home to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Name one of the following Rock Hall inductees whose songs are listed below (14).

Even though this Think Different game is about Ohio, Chicago takes the stage in this question. 6 out of the last 10 submissions were for the sheep. I tried on this question to pick a balance of gettable and tricky songs (many of them my favorites of the artist in question), and it seems to have worked out -- only 2 artists went unused, and no wrong answers here. While I'm a huge fan of pretty much all Paul McCartney's music, I suspected correctly that his post-Beatles and Wings work would not be easy pickings (I avoided his songs with those bands to cut down on neg bait or ambiguity), though I'm guessing ABBA was just a bunch of sheep avoidance.

"25 or 6 to 4," "You're the Inspiration"
Chicago (2016) — 9 responses
9021amyers
classicroadster
Kirbstar
ouachiouat
ReinholdGoldthwait
SenseiCAY
squarekara
threearruda
twelvefootboy

"Solsbury Hill," "San Jacinto"
Peter Gabriel (2014) — 7 responses
ChexMix
Coach P
econgator
heppm01
shambolic
spell4yr
Woof

"Turn to Stone," "Mr. Blue Sky"
ELO (2017) — 3 responses
badgerfellow
MarkBarrett
Peachbox

"Short People," "You've Got a Friend in Me"
Randy Newman (2013) — 3 responses
AFRET CMS
choplakecity
MollyQMurphy

"Think," "Freeway of Love"
Aretha Franklin (1987) — 2 responses
clprez
Rackme32

"Mississippi Goddam," "To Be Young, Gifted, and Black"
Nina Simone (2018) — 2 responses
floridagator
morbeedo

"Creep," "Lotus Flower"
Radiohead (2019) — 2 responses
Enormous Jeans
Ironhorse

"Tom Sawyer," "Closer to the Heart"
Rush (2013) — 2 responses
gamawire
merica

"Nasty," "Rhythm Nation"
Janet Jackson (2019) — Singleton!
clt013

"A Case of You," "Woodstock"
Joni Mitchell (1997) — Singleton!
xabe

"Play the Game," "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy"
Queen (2001) — Singleton!
jeffwolfe

"Where the Streets Have No Name," "One"
U2 (2005) — Singleton!
bmwhitehead

DROP
deano
immaf

Unused answers
ABBA ("Ring Ring," "The Winner Takes It All") (2010)
Paul McCartney ("Come on to Me," "Jenny Wren") (1999)

I ultimately decided to do away with bonus questions since I wanted to keep things as simple/streamlined as possible when it came to scoring, but here's the bonus question I would have used, just for fun: Which of this year's inductees was somewhat unexpectedly inducted by former One Direction bandmember Harry Styles? (He has called her "everything you've ever wanted in a lady, in a lover, and in a friend," while she's called him the "son I never had.")

Answer here if you're curious:
Spoiler
Stevie Nicks
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Question 2: Great Lakes

Post by barandall800 »

2. Ohio is part of the Great Lakes region. Name one of the 5 Great Lakes, or one of the 9 U.S. states or Canadian provinces with a shoreline on at least one of the Great Lakes (14).

Fairly even distribution here, with a co-sheep of two states. I had the states/lakes sharing names thing in mind when crafting this question, but I neglected to clarify how things would be scored, so I'm glad someone pointed it out in a PM early on so I could do so. Only one answer (a lake) went unused.

Wrong answers – 8 points
LAKE HUDSON
ChexMix

MANITOBA
MollyQMurphy
morbeedo

QUEBEC
econgator

Indiana — 5 responses
Enormous Jeans
Rackme32
SenseiCAY
shambolic
spell4yr

Pennsylvania — 5 responses
9021amyers
AFRET CMS
Peachbox
ReinholdGoldthwait
Woof

Ohio — 3 responses
jeffwolfe
ouachiouat
squarekara

Wisconsin — 3 responses
badgerfellow
classicroadster
clprez

Lake Erie — 2 responses
choplakecity
xabe

Lake Huron — 2 responses
heppm01
Ironhorse

Illinois — 2 responses
gamawire
Kirbstar

Lake Ontario — 2 responses
Coach P
deano

Michigan — 2 responses
clt013
threearruda

Minnesota — 2 responses
floridagator
merica

Ontario — 2 responses
immaf
MarkBarrett

Lake Michigan — Singleton!
twelvefootboy

New York — Singleton!
bmwhitehead

Unused answers
Lake Superior

Standings after question 2

1. bmwhitehead — 1 + 1 → 2 pts []
1. deano — 0 + 2 → 2 pts [↑immaf]
1. immaf — 0 + 2 → 2 pts [↑xabe]
4. clt013 — 1 + 2 → 3 pts []
4. xabe — 1 + 2 → 3 pts []

6. floridagator — 2 + 2 → 4 pts []
6. gamawire — 2 + 2 → 4 pts []
6. Ironhorse — 2 + 2 → 4 pts []
6. jeffwolfe — 1 + 3 → 4 pts []
6. merica — 2 + 2 → 4 pts []

11. choplakecity — 3 + 2 → 5 pts [↓10]
11. clprez — 2 + 3 → 5 pts []
11. MarkBarrett — 3 + 2 → 5 pts [↓10]
14. badgerfellow — 3 + 3 → 6 pts [↓13]
15. Enormous Jeans — 2 + 5 → 7 pts []

15. Rackme32 — 2 + 5 → 7 pts []
17. AFRET CMS — 3 + 5 → 8 pts [↓16]
17. Peachbox — 3 + 5 → 8 pts [↓16]
19. Coach P — 7 + 2 → 9 pts [↓18]
19. heppm01 — 7 + 2 → 9 pts [↓18]

21. morbeedo — 2 + 8 → 10 pts []
21. twelvefootboy — 9 + 1 → 10 pts [↓20]
23. Kirbstar — 9 + 2 → 11 pts [↓22]
23. MollyQMurphy — 3 + 8 → 11 pts []
23. threearruda — 9 + 2 → 11 pts [↓22]

26. classicroadster — 9 + 3 → 12 pts [↓25]
26. ouachiouat — 9 + 3 → 12 pts [↓25]
26. shambolic — 7 + 5 → 12 pts [↓25]
26. spell4yr — 7 + 5 → 12 pts [↓25]
26. squarekara — 9 + 3 → 12 pts [↓25]

26. Woof — 7 + 5 → 12 pts [↓25]
32. 9021amyers — 9 + 5 → 14 pts [↓31]
32. ReinholdGoldthwait — 9 + 5 → 14 pts [↓31]
32. SenseiCAY — 9 + 5 → 14 pts [↓31]
35. ChexMix — 7 + 8 → 15 pts [↓34]
Last edited by barandall800 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Question 3: Colleges and Universities

Post by barandall800 »

3. Ohio is home to many places of higher education (an inordinate amount, it seems). Name one of the following higher education institutions based on their logo/branding pictured here (12).

All answers were used here! All 3 wrong answers are Ohio-related (while there is an Ohio State University ... sorry, THE Ohio State University ... and Ohio University, there's not a University of Ohio). One entrant commented on my nice negbait with BYU ... I didn't realize until after the game went live that Youngstown State and BYU had a very similar logo. I went for a few family alma maters here: the sheep is my dad's, Baldwin Wallace is my wife's for undergrad (I thought about also using Case Western Reserve University, where she just got her grad degree from, but I couldn't find a gettable logo that didn't have their name clearly on it), Cincinnati's is my sister-in-law and father-in-law's, and BYU is mine (a little-known fact around these parts, I know :P).

Wrong answers – 9 points
MIAMI U. OF OHIO
Enormous Jeans

UNIVERSITY OF OHIO
twelvefootboy

YOUNGSTOWN STATE
Ironhorse

Washington State University — 6 responses
9021amyers
ChexMix
econgator
merica
Peachbox
SenseiCAY

Brigham Young University — 4 responses
AFRET CMS
choplakecity
Coach P
deano

Texas Tech University — 4 responses
classicroadster
clt013
gamawire
shambolic

Baldwin Wallace University — 3 responses
badgerfellow
ReinholdGoldthwait
spell4yr

University of Cincinnati — 3 responses
bmwhitehead
clprez
Rackme32

Arizona State University — 2 responses
heppm01
immaf

The Ohio State University — 2 responses
jeffwolfe
ouachiouat

University of Michigan — 2 responses
MarkBarrett
xabe

University of Oxford — 2 responses
MollyQMurphy
squarekara

University of Southern California — 2 responses
Kirbstar
threearruda

McGill University — Singleton!
floridagator

Yale University — Singleton!
Woof

DROP
morbeedo

Unused answers
None!

Standings after question 3

1. immaf — 2 + 2 → 4 pts []
2. bmwhitehead — 2 + 3 → 5 pts [↑immaf]
2. floridagator — 4 + 1 → 5 pts []
2. xabe — 3 + 2 → 5 pts []
5. deano — 2 + 4 → 6 pts [↑bmwhitehead]

5. jeffwolfe — 4 + 2 → 6 pts []
7. clt013 — 3 + 4 → 7 pts []
7. MarkBarrett — 5 + 2 → 7 pts []
9. clprez — 5 + 3 → 8 pts []
9. gamawire — 4 + 4 → 8 pts []

11. badgerfellow — 6 + 3 → 9 pts []
11. choplakecity — 5 + 4 → 9 pts []
13. merica — 4 + 6 → 10 pts []
13. morbeedo — 10 + 0 → 10 pts []
13. Rackme32 — 7 + 3 → 10 pts []

16. heppm01 — 9 + 2 → 11 pts [↑3]
17. AFRET CMS — 8 + 4 → 12 pts [unch]
18. Coach P — 9 + 4 → 13 pts [↑1]
18. Ironhorse — 4 + 9 → 13 pts []
18. Kirbstar — 11 + 2 → 13 pts [↑5]

18. MollyQMurphy — 11 + 2 → 13 pts []
18. threearruda — 11 + 2 → 13 pts [↑5]
18. Woof — 12 + 1 → 13 pts [↑8]
24. ouachiouat — 12 + 2 → 14 pts [↑2]
24. Peachbox — 8 + 6 → 14 pts [↓7]

24. squarekara — 12 + 2 → 14 pts [↑2]
27. spell4yr — 12 + 3 → 15 pts [↓1]
28. classicroadster — 12 + 4 → 16 pts [↓2]
28. Enormous Jeans — 7 + 9 → 16 pts []
28. shambolic — 12 + 4 → 16 pts [↓2]

31. ReinholdGoldthwait — 14 + 3 → 17 pts [↑1]
32. twelvefootboy — 10 + 9 → 19 pts [↓11]
33. 9021amyers — 14 + 6 → 20 pts [↓1]
33. SenseiCAY — 14 + 6 → 20 pts [↓1]
35. ChexMix — 15 + 6 → 21 pts [unch]

A fourth of the way through our game, and for the first time we have a single leader atop the standings. But things are still incredibly close! Stay tuned for more reveal soon.
ChexMix
Valued Contributor

Re: Question 2: Great Lakes

Post by ChexMix »

barandall800 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:20 pm
Wrong answers – 8 points
LAKE HUDSON
ChexMix
Ha, oops. Didn't even realize I made that mistake until just now. I blame my current marathon of Grace and Frankie on Netflix for that one.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: TD 425: O-H-I-O (Questions 1-3 Revealed)

Post by morbeedo »

I assumed the colleges and university question related to Ohio schools, but then I recognized Yale and got confused. Drop!
CoachP
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: TD 425: O-H-I-O (Questions 1-3 Revealed)

Post by CoachP »

morbeedo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:20 pm I assumed the colleges and university question related to Ohio schools, but then I recognized Yale and got confused. Drop!
Morbeedo, that worked out well for you!
I used to work at Yale (and was the one who commented on the negbait of BYU). My thinking was that Yale's official crest isn't used in branding as much (thinking mainly of athletic uniforms), and the block Y that Yale uses is similar in font and color to BYU's Y.