LL82: LearnedLeague

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bigdogstalfos
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: LL82: LearnedLeague

Post by Bigdogstalfos »

Volante wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:49 am
morbeedo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:56 am
alietr wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:04 am Are mini-leagues scored by Thorsten, or by the smith(s)?
I thought Thorsten did all the scoring
I think he does too, but it's based solely on rules provided by the smiths so it's not always as forgiving/generous as an LL match.
On the 1DSes I’ve written, I’ve had to put it as many acceptable answers as possible, but never have had to think of potential misspellings that are still right. So I think TAI still has that not-fun task. He posted all the spellings of Khachaturian he got for one question on a 1DS.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

alietr wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:04 am Are mini-leagues scored by Thorsten, or by the smith(s)?
I think he does too, but it's based solely on rules provided by the smiths so it's not always as forgiving/generous as an LL match.
I would think Thorsten as the scoring is automatic, then the wrong answers checked (he explained the system in a thread somewhere on LL). He would be the one to have access to that system.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Et
triviawayne wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:09 pm
I would think Thorsten as the scoring is automatic, then the wrong answers checked (he explained the system in a thread somewhere on LL). He would be the one to have access to that system.
I’m pretty sure that TA uses regex pattern matching to catch a lot of common misspellings and variant spellings, but as he explained he still has to examine the wrong answers to see if there’s something he missed.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Only finished second in the Steam Era Railroading 1DS! Well, I'm actually more of a fan of diesel-era railroading anyway.
twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by twelvefootboy »

I've already bemoaned my decision to sign up for 3 MiniLeagues with the idea I might learn something. I don't mind finishing last but there is a baseball rule about making a farce of the game that ought to come in play.

I'm not sure what the point of this post is, but after 7 days in the 21sr Century Movies ML, I have ONE correct answer (I got lucky with a WAG for "UP"). The rest of the group averages 16 TCA, from 5 TCA to 33 TCA.

My status? SIXTH PLACE :o .

Now I know how Trump won :lol: .
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

twelvefootboy wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:54 pm I've already bemoaned my decision to sign up for 3 MiniLeagues with the idea I might learn something. I don't mind finishing last but there is a baseball rule about making a farce of the game that ought to come in play.

I'm not sure what the point of this post is, but after 7 days in the 21sr Century Movies ML, I have ONE correct answer (I got lucky with a WAG for "UP"). The rest of the group averages 16 TCA, from 5 TCA to 33 TCA.

My status? SIXTH PLACE :o .

Now I know how Trump won :lol: .
What the what?? Haha!
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

The last thing I thought before clicking on the Andrew Lloyd Webber 1-Day was, I should probably look up the name of that horrible sequel to Phantom of the Opera. Lol, yup, I sure shoulda!

Congrats to Morbeedo on our tie yesterday in the Movies ML. Nearly a mirror match too! My brain gave me Wexu and Welcome to MooseWOOD, neither of which were close enough.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:22 pm The last thing I thought before clicking on the Andrew Lloyd Webber 1-Day was, I should probably look up the name of that horrible sequel to Phantom of the Opera. Lol, yup, I sure shoulda!

Congrats to Morbeedo on our tie yesterday in the Movies ML. Nearly a mirror match too! My brain gave me Wexu and Welcome to MooseWOOD, neither of which were close enough.
I had The Birdcage (1996!) as Hackman’s last film. Never even heard of Moosewood