ABC Plays Keepaway

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

ABC Plays Keepaway

Post by triviawayne »

Total game show career losings = $171,522
alietr
Site Admin

Re: ABC Plays Keepaway

Post by alietr »

triviawayne wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:21 pm told ya they'd do it:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2020 ... 0108abc12/
Well, except that you can't be a contestant ...
slam
Auditioning Since 1985

Post by slam »

We'd be better off without another celebrity version of this show.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

The idea of letting millionaires play Who Wants to Be a Millionaire doesn't sit right with me. Like, if there should be one precondition for being a contestant, it should be not already being a millionaire.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

I wonder if this will be a trial balloon for a potential re-launch of WWTBAM? I wouldn't be unhappy to see it come back and maybe not filmed in a quonset hut on the LV strip.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Woof wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:04 pm I wonder if this will be a trial balloon for a potential re-launch of WWTBAM? I wouldn't be unhappy to see it come back and maybe not filmed in a quonset hut on the LV strip.
Given how much they paid me, I could deal with the Quonset hut.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

Robert K S wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:01 pm The idea of letting millionaires play Who Wants to Be a Millionaire doesn't sit right with me. Like, if there should be one precondition for being a contestant, it should be not already being a millionaire.
So should J not be giving a million dollars this week to a contestant who has already won a million dollars?
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

I'm still irritated with them. I got to the third audition stage a couple summers ago, was told I was being recommended to go on the show, and never heard another word.

Thanks for indulging my baseless complaining. :lol:
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Robert K S wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:01 pm The idea of letting millionaires play Who Wants to Be a Millionaire doesn't sit right with me. Like, if there should be one precondition for being a contestant, it should be not already being a millionaire.
I agree.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

Woof wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:04 pm I wonder if this will be a trial balloon for a potential re-launch of WWTBAM? I wouldn't be unhappy to see it come back and maybe not filmed in a quonset hut on the LV strip.
I'm sure it will be back with real contestants, but in prime time for a few weeks in the summer, like the rest of their game show lineup. Possibly even this summer, but my opinion is this year would be unlikely.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

Right now I'm wondering about fastest finger and if the first ten questions are gonna be super-softballs like previous celebrity editions. Considering they can have help, I really hope not.
goongas
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by goongas »

triviawayne wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:13 pm Right now I'm wondering about fastest finger and if the first ten questions are gonna be super-softballs like previous celebrity editions. Considering they can have help, I really hope not.
I can't imagine they are going to bring back the fastest finger first. I would have never predicted they would bring this back so soon...
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

triviawayne wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:11 pm
So should J not be giving a million dollars this week to a contestant who has already won a million dollars?
They didn't name the tourney "Who wants to be a Jeopardy! millionaire?"...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I don’t mind an occasional celebrity episode but to bring it back just for them is crazy.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Jeopardy! is not titled Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

Edit: thanks Volante, didn't see your post first
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Yes, bring it back for non-celebs and definitely make contestants from Regis' run eligible again. I've got some unfinished business to take care of!
mas3cf
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mas3cf »

A fun version would be if they used billionaires instead, and they all competed to avoid having 99.9% of their wealth taken away.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

Robert K S wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:21 pm
Jeopardy! is not titled Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

Edit: thanks Volante, didn't see your post first
I really gotta get some sleep... this three jobs thing isn’t doing me any good.

Got the joke now.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:40 pm Yes, bring it back for non-celebs and definitely make contestants from Regis' run eligible again. I've got some unfinished business to take care of!
I hadn't realized that you'd been on. Ouch!
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Woof wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:24 pm
This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:40 pm Yes, bring it back for non-celebs and definitely make contestants from Regis' run eligible again. I've got some unfinished business to take care of!
I hadn't realized that you'd been on. Ouch!
I got a trip to New York out of it for me and my wife plus $1,000 so I really can't complain too much. But not gonna lie that it would have been nice to make a whole lot more!