Thursday, January 16, 2020 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Re: Thursday, January 16, 2020 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Coryat: 34,800
45 R/4 W
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:
LT: Satchel Paige, Balboa Park, fog, Nor'easters (DD), aluminum, West Point, Quadrophenia, New Mexico (DD), Johnson, Texas Rangers (DD)

Oh, Priscilla. I don't know how one can watch that with anything but compassion. I hope she's one of those types who tried out for J! on a whim, and not like so many of us here for whom it is a life's dream.

Many years ago, my erstwhile stepbrother was a missionary in Brazil. I learned then how far east of us South America is, and therefore that Central America generally runs northwest to southeast rather than north to south.

"_____ & the Angry Inch" for $2000? Really?

Headslap moment of the night: blurting out "dulcinea" for the "sweet," hammered musical instrument. Doh!
Sprinkles are for winners.
cthulhu
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by cthulhu »

Fourth podium poll:
:( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kudos to the writers for going with Quadrophenia instead of the more famous Tommy. I have seen the Who perform Quadrophenia live in its entirety, an amazing experience.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

BigDaddyMatty wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:01 am "_____ & the Angry Inch" for $2000? Really?
Oh that reminds me: I think we can confidently assert that was the first time "genderqueer" has ever been in a clue on J!.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

BigDaddyMatty wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:01 am Headslap moment of the night: blurting out "dulcinea" for the "sweet," hammered musical instrument. Doh!
In your defense, if I recall correctly, she did drink wine. Don't know if it was enough to be considered hammered, though.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
MollyQMurphy
Silver Medalist

Post by MollyQMurphy »

spell4yr wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:32 pm Missed the episode. Confused by the wording of the nor’easter clue — my degree’s in meteorology, and I grew up in New Hampshire, and I think the more precise wording would be that the predominant wind comes from that direction (on the north side of the low pressure system), or that the storm itself moves toward the east or northeast along the Atlantic coast.
I had the same problem with the clue language, but still said nor'easter as that had to (imo) be what they were going for. A couple tv meteorologists went semi-viral with a clip yesterday explaining how that clue was wrong and misleading, fwiw. Pile on for J! notoriety, maybe, but they weren't wrong.
Pending...
ParrotRob
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by ParrotRob »

opusthepenguin wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:58 am
Thank you for this. We usually hear reports of the Internet piling on. It's good to read about a cyber group hug.
Oh they're piling on, all right. Over on Facebook where the brainiacs are.
--
Drowning in the pool
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

An internet reaction to a contestant that isn’t nasty. Has to be a first.