What's in store for the 3 Jeopardy giants after GOAT?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

QuizGeek75
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: What's in store for the 3 Jeopardy giants after GOAT?

Post by QuizGeek75 »

BuzzerBlog has been saying that the American version of The Chase should come back and it would be perfect to have Ken and Brad as two of the chasers.
Just a person who loves game shows.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

QuizGeek75 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:06 am BuzzerBlog has been saying that the American version of The Chase should come back and it would be perfect to have Ken and Brad as two of the chasers.
Having all three as Chasers on ABC would fulfill both what ABC wants and what Buzzerblog wants.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Cat Hammarskjold wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:05 am
QuizGeek75 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:06 am BuzzerBlog has been saying that the American version of The Chase should come back and it would be perfect to have Ken and Brad as two of the chasers.
Having all three as Chasers on ABC would fulfill both what ABC wants and what Buzzerblog wants.
Yet James was the one the show’s producers considered for the American version.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
ParrotRob
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by ParrotRob »

triviawayne wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:08 am
Cat Hammarskjold wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:05 am
Yet James was the one the show’s producers considered for the American version.
James is the only one I can see either accepting that role or pulling it off. Perhaps Mark Labbett has forever made me think of the chaser as a villain that the nice-guy images of Ken and Brad don't fit into.
--
Drowning in the pool
goongas
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by goongas »

I saw James in some interview recently say that he wants to be a game show villian, I assume in the way of being a chaser type personality.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I don’t see James as a villain. He makes bets based on his daughter’s birthday, how evil can he be? He also is a rather low key player and doesn’t do a bunch of waving his hands around to draw attention to himself.
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

As much as I agree with that and would love to see Ken, Brad, and James in a version of this on prime time...The Chase would essentially have to be introduced to the American audience. Yeah, they did a run on GSN, but other than game show fanatics, there aren't many people who are all that familiar with it. The shows they have now are all proven formats that have the addition of some sentimentality from either Boomers or Gen X. It's a risk to put on a different show with a format that - AFAIK - didn't set the world on fire when it aired on GSN.

I agree that the show would be perfect for the GOATs. I'm more expressing frustration that ABC suits would be reluctant to do it...and also frustration that the public would respond better to a redux of an old classic than something new.
ParrotRob
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by ParrotRob »

Bamaman wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:46 am I don’t see James as a villain. He makes bets based on his daughter’s birthday, how evil can he be? He also is a rather low key player and doesn’t do a bunch of waving his hands around to draw attention to himself.
I think he would excel at the snarky insults that Labbett was so good at.
--
Drowning in the pool
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

ParrotRob wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:24 pm
Bamaman wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:46 am I don’t see James as a villain. He makes bets based on his daughter’s birthday, how evil can he be? He also is a rather low key player and doesn’t do a bunch of waving his hands around to draw attention to himself.
I'm going to disagree. I think he doesn't have that same awareness of how his comments go over. It's a really fine line. Besides, Labbett has that whole English haughtiness thing going for him.
ParrotRob
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by ParrotRob »

alietr wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:29 pm
ParrotRob wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:24 pm
I'm going to disagree. I think he doesn't have that same awareness of how his comments go over. It's a really fine line. Besides, Labbett has that whole English haughtiness thing going for him.
Fair enough. It's interesting how many people (not just you and I) can watch the same person and come to completely different conclusions. Some think he's a smug, pompous, self-righteous *****. Others adore him. Go figure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
--
Drowning in the pool
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

ABC already has a game show on the air that requires three contestants... "Press Your Luck."
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

trainman wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:16 am ABC already has a game show on the air that requires three contestants... "Press Your Luck."
That's exactly what ABC will be doing if they try to further capitalize on these guys...
Total game show career losings = $171,522
jeopardyfan939

Post by jeopardyfan939 »

trainman wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:16 am ABC already has a game show on the air that requires three contestants... "Press Your Luck."
And it would be awesome to see the three go head to head on that show.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

jeopardyfan939 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:48 am
And it would be awesome to see the three go head to head on that show.
And the Whammys are Trebek based and at least one will go "Ooh, sorry" before zeroing out the score.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
goongas

Post by goongas »

I think High Stakes Wheel of Fortune would be hysterical. Or an hour of Pyramid with the three of them playing would be fun.