Anyone else seeing this error?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by econgator »

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './agefen_phpBB/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed [144]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

===========================================================================

Seems to happen only if I edit a post or try to delete a post.

If I edit the post and see this error, I can hit the BACK button on my browser and the edit goes through just fine.

If I try to delete a post, again I can hit the BACK button and the post is deleted, but the LAST POST column still shows that I was the last poster, even though the post is gone.
ParrotRob
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by ParrotRob »

econgator wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:57 pm General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './agefen_phpBB/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed [144]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

If I edit the post and see this error, I can hit the BACK button on my browser and the edit goes through just fine.

If I try to delete a post, again I can hit the BACK button and the post is deleted, but the LAST POST column still shows that I was the last poster, even though the post is gone.
Been getting various SQL errors for a couple days now. I figured TPTB already knew about it.
--
Drowning in the pool
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Yeah, there are problems with editing posts at the moment.
ParrotRob
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by ParrotRob »

alietr wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:19 pm Yeah, there are problems with editing posts at the moment.
For what it's worth, there's another squirrely issue I'm seeing too - no matter how many times I read it or mark it read, the January 28th online test thread (all six pages of it now) show unread. Nothing I can do will mark that thread read, even marking the entire forum read. Not sure if it's related or not, just throwing that out there. Yes, I've tried multiple browsers (Chrome, Edge, IE, FireFox and Android Chrome). Not really problematic, but an anomaly that may or may not help you troubleshoot.
--
Drowning in the pool
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

ParrotRob wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:37 pm
alietr wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:19 pm Yeah, there are problems with editing posts at the moment.
For what it's worth, there's another squirrely issue I'm seeing too - no matter how many times I read it or mark it read, the January 28th online test thread (all six pages of it now) show unread. Nothing I can do will mark that thread read, even marking the entire forum read. Not sure if it's related or not, just throwing that out there. Yes, I've tried multiple browsers (Chrome, Edge, IE, FireFox and Android Chrome). Not really problematic, but an anomaly that may or may not help you troubleshoot.
This seems to be the issue econgator is alluding to in his last paragraph.
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

econgator wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:57 pm General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Yes, the server crashed as I was attempting to post the answers to last night's test. I think some PHPBB files may have been corrupted in the process.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Maybe we should just delete that thread and re-post?
VaBanque
Contributor

Post by VaBanque »

My thread "Interesting trivia..." stay in thread list after delete. Post from this delete thread I replace in another place.
True North
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by True North »

I see the error whenever I edit now. However, I find the edits have always gone through when I navigate back to the post.
Category 13
Wagering Viking

Post by Category 13 »

True North wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:08 pm I see the error whenever I edit now. However, I find the edits have always gone through when I navigate back to the post.
Same here.
First occurrance was early A.M. this morning.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

When I try to search:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

+++++

I'm not having any problem marking the board threads "read", though.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:33 pm When I try to search:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

+++++

That's what I got when trying a search for "poll request" to see if there are any requests for the weekly poll. Using Google with the site:jboard.tv is the extra annoying step to take.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:50 pm
MinnesotaMyron wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:33 pm When I try to search:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

+++++

That's what I got when trying a search for "poll request" to see if there are any requests for the weekly poll. Using Google with the site:jboard.tv is the extra annoying step to take.
That's what I had to do too. But no worries, since I finally just bookmarked the FJ resource, instead of searching for it every time I want to reference it for the last 4 or 5 years or whatever.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I am trying to get this resolved.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Another symptom seems to be that the last post on a page with a deleted post also appears as the first post on the following thread.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

We might have... fixed it? Please post here with any lingering issues.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

So far, the only issue I see is that the mod "?" doesn't go away on old posts even though there is nothing left to moderate.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Today I could do a search and I was able to edit my "reserved" placeholder post to add in my comments. Thanks for the fix, gentlemen.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

econgator wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:30 am So far, the only issue I see is that the mod "?" doesn't go away on old posts even though there is nothing left to moderate.
We noticed that, and short of doing manual surgery on the database there is probably no way to address it, so we're going to leave that one go.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:14 pm
econgator wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:30 am So far, the only issue I see is that the mod "?" doesn't go away on old posts even though there is nothing left to moderate.
We noticed that, and short of doing manual surgery on the database there is probably no way to address it, so we're going to leave that one go.
Those resulted from me deleting spammers, and presumably those will start going away as those threads age.