Dreams About Jeopardy!

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Dreams About Jeopardy!

Post by gameshowfandanny »

I saw a thread that jeopardyfan939 posted about him dreaming that he saw the Tournament of Champions, so I might as well make a thread for all dreams about Jeopardy! My dream happened the night before Jason Zuffranieri's 12th game and he lost during his 32nd game on October 14. He would've tied James with second-longest streak. Jason ended up losing in his 20th game, which was two and a half weeks earlier than the date in my dream. In my dream, the reason he lost was because he found a Daily Double, bet all of his money, got it wrong, and then the end of round beeps sounded, so he became the first 10+ time Jeopardy! champion to not make it to Final Jeopardy!
Last edited by gameshowfandanny on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TenPoundHammer

Re: Dreams About Jeopardy!

Post by TenPoundHammer »

I had a dream that Josh Hill lost the day before he actually did.

Several times I have a dream that I'm playing along from home and just doing absolutely horrible. Like negative four figure Coryat horrible. Just getting more frustrated at myself and digging myself deeper. Fears over how I'm afraid I'll do on the show if I get picked? A channel of my natural tendency to argue and/or panic whenever someone tries to educate me?
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Enjoy this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5314&p=314611#p313729 with two other "fan" names.
gameshowfandanny

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:47 pm Enjoy this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5314&p=314611#p313729 with two other "fan" names.
That's the thread I was talking about. The reason I started my own was because the other one hasn't been replied to in nearly five months.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:50 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:47 pm Enjoy this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5314&p=314611#p313729 with two other "fan" names.
That's the thread I was talking about. The reason I started my own was because the other one hasn't been replied to in nearly five months.
Why didn't you just reply to that one?
gameshowfandanny

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:53 pm
As I just said, because that thread hasn't had a post in about five months.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:55 pm
If you had posted there, that would have changed.
gameshowfandanny

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:02 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:55 pm
If you had posted there, that would have changed.
I see. I didn't know if it would be right to bump a thread. That thread was about jeopardyfan939's dream about the ToC, but this thread is about any dreams.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:42 pm and he lost during his 32nd game on October 14. He would've tied James with second-longest streak.
Incorrect. He would have been one game shy of tying with James. James lost on his 33rd game.
Douglas Squasoni
gameshowfandanny

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:35 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:42 pm and he lost during his 32nd game on October 14. He would've tied James with second-longest streak.
Incorrect. He would have been one game shy of tying with James. James lost on his 33rd game.
No I meant had he won, he would’ve tied with James. I did say “tied”.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

I have a dream to be on Jeopardy
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Golf

Post by Golf »

I have a dream that I will keep my opinion about this thead to myself. Living ones dreams is tough.......
gameshowfandanny

Golf wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:18 pm I have a dream that I will keep my opinion about this thead to myself. Living ones dreams is tough.......
This is only for dreams that people remember if I understand what you mean.
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:43 pm
Golf wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:18 pm I have a dream that I will keep my opinion about this thead to myself. Living ones dreams is tough.......
This is only for dreams that people remember if I understand what you mean.
Over the years I have had several dreams about being on J!. Don't recall details of any now, but even at the time it seemed odd that that would invade my unconscious mind as much as it invades my conscious mind.
jeopardyfan939

Post by jeopardyfan939 »

Last year I also had a dream I was a four-time champion, and it happened a few days before James Holzhauer's first game. On my third episode, I broke Roger Craig's single-day winnings record with $93,000 as I wagered big on FJ! and responded correctly. But on my fifth game, I finished in second place, even though I got the correct response in FJ! A week after my dream, James broke the one-day record with $110,914.
gameshowfandanny

jeopardyfan939 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:40 am Last year I also had a dream I was a four-time champion, and it happened a few days before James Holzhauer's first game. On my third episode, I broke Roger Craig's single-day winnings record with $93,000 as I wagered big on FJ! and responded correctly. But on my fifth game, I finished in second place, even though I got the correct response in FJ! A week after my dream, James broke the one-day record with $110,914.
I remember you posting that on Buy a Vowel and the thread you created here about you seeing the ToC.
slam
Auditioning Since 1985

Post by slam »

My Jeopardy! dreams usually look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvUZijEuNDQ

I never noticed this before, but there's no exclamation point in the name of the show in this video.
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

I had a J! nightmare last night. Well, it started as a dream - I was leading going in to FJ!, but just barely ahead of second place, so I had to risk a lot to cover by $1. I couldn't tell you what the clue was, but it had to do with size tags on the back of shirts - S, M, L, XL, etc. I wrote down "What is 'M'?", but the clue actually began "This -five letter- *blah blah blah blah*". The correct response was actually "What is medium?" - apparently my subconscious can't count letters. I was ruled wrong, of course, as Alex kindly explained that my response did not have the requisite five letters.

This would actually be my nightmare J! scenario. I'd be 100% fine with losing fair and square. Blanking on "This is the country east of Algeria" is absolutely cool by me - I don't know it, and I'll own it as I stand-and-stare, even if it is something that I should know. But knowing all of the material leading up to the correct response, but coming up with an incorrect response on a (justified) technicality? Like the famous "The Invisible Man" for "Invisible Man" when spotted "Harlem Renaissance"? Nope - that would haunt me to my grave.

I know where this came from, too - I was annoyed at missing last night's (2/20) FJ!. I misread/misheard the part of the clue confusing a program that may be defunct with a program that would be current, and ignored another part of the clue that was the key to the correct response - a key I 100% knew because I just learned it within the past month or two.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

My Jeopardy dreams usually involve clues that read like the "procedurally generated" clues at http://twitter.com/EndlessJeopardy. Usually I am utterly confused at first, then come upon some ridiculous leap of insight for a response, then try to reread the clue to see if it works, only to be unable to find the part that led me to that insight (text is unstable in dreams). The last Jeopardy dream I remember, this was a clue (perhaps for FJ) in its entirety: "His is Butts"