Season 36 Pre-Emptions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

bkellysky
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Season 36 Pre-Emptions

Post by bkellysky »

Jeopardy! in NYC on WABC-7 has been moved to 3:30-ish am Saturday morning, according to my DVR and Titan TV listings. Last time, I lost Final Jeopardy as the DVR cut it off early.
It would be nice if WABC-7 would note the change in time on their web page or on facebook.
It's really not that hard, is it?
bob k
kablamfan11
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by kablamfan11 »

bkellysky wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:07 pm Jeopardy! in NYC on WABC-7 has been moved to 3:30-ish am Saturday morning, according to my DVR and Titan TV listings. Last time, I lost Final Jeopardy as the DVR cut it off early.
It would be nice if WABC-7 would note the change in time on their web page or on facebook.
It's really not that hard, is it?
bob k
It's not hard. My station KSBW-TV aired J! as normal thankfully.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

There was some time-slot shuffling because of the NFL draft.

They skipped the first half of the Jeopardy round and they skipped Final Jeopardy. But they showed the double jeopardy round twice, so it all evens out.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
bkellysky
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bkellysky »

And ... WABC-7 NYC didn't run Jeopardy! at the time they said they would, so even with opening a wide window on the DVR, only got the first half of Jeopardy!
bkellysky
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bkellysky »

And what we got was a re-run, although labeled as Friday's episode.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

bkellysky wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:40 am And ... WABC-7 NYC didn't run Jeopardy! at the time they said they would, so even with opening a wide window on the DVR, only got the first half of Jeopardy!
I'd set a recording for tomorrow at 5:00 AM. That's the time they plan to show the Saturday rerun of Jeopardy!, but I'd record it just in case they show yesterday's episode instead. I checked my DVR and at the time they said Jeopardy! would air, the Saturday rerun of Wheel aired (which likely means that tonight's broadcast of Wheel at 7:30 PM Eastern will be yesterday's episode), followed by Daytime Jeopardy!, which was Lindsey Schultz's second game as scheduled.
bkellysky
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bkellysky »

[/quote]
I'd set a recording for tomorrow at 5:00 AM. That's the time they plan to show the Saturday rerun of Jeopardy!, but I'd record it just in case they show yesterday's episode instead. I checked my DVR and at the time they said Jeopardy! would air, the Saturday rerun of Wheel aired (which likely means that tonight's broadcast of Wheel at 7:30 PM Eastern will be yesterday's episode), followed by Daytime Jeopardy!, which was Lindsey Schultz's second game as scheduled.
[/quote]
Good recommendation! Thanks!
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

econgator wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:42 pm WFTV in Orlando will be showing this Saturday at 7 PM.
Or it will be showing the last half of the DJ round, because the NFL Draft cannot figure out how to actually end a damn show on time.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

bkellysky wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:43 pm
[/quote]
Good recommendation! Thanks!
[/quote]
Actually, never mind. Another WABC viewer who accidentally recorded Wheel claims that the closing credits of Jeopardy! were shown at the start of the recording, so that means that Jeopardy! aired at around 1:30 AM this morning, so Tamron was likely interrupted.
clprez

Post by clprez »

For those of you in Michigan, on Thursday there will be a televised town hall with Governor Whitmer from 7-8PM.

My local J! affiliate WWMT is going to air it, and will be broadcasting J! at 2:07AM. WOF will be at 1:37AM.
BrigadierSolo13
Double Double Machine

Post by BrigadierSolo13 »

Just like Thursday 4/23, today's(4/29) episode was interrupted for us in northern Florida by stupid tornado warnings. Had to play off archives :x
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

clprez wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:48 pm For those of you in Michigan, on Thursday there will be a televised town hall with Governor Whitmer from 7-8PM.
Shame that the lack of new TV content hasn't blown any holes wide open on any schedules or anything... OH WAIT. They could have aired at literally ANY TIME.

Also a shame that NOBODY AT WNEM, SPECTRUM, OR DISH THOUGHT TO PUT IT ON THE SCHEDULE OR ANYTHING.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Apparently ABC is waiting to air a speech by Garcetti here so bupkis.

Going to watch for a while and see if they make a chyron announcement and setting a 2:06A recording regardless (though they didn't use that last preemption).. *sigh*
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7), The Decline of the American Empire (7)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:06 pm Apparently ABC is waiting to air a speech by Garcetti here so bupkis.

Going to watch for a while and see if they make a chyron announcement and setting a 2:06A recording regardless (though they didn't use that last preemption).. *sigh*
Up here there was the (now nightly it seems) break-in crawl for the EAS announcement for the curfew. The video remained but audio was muted as the message was delivered. Less than 30 seconds though still annoying.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Volante wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:06 pm Apparently ABC is waiting to air a speech by Garcetti here so bupkis.

KABC ended up airing Wednesday's episode on Thursday, so presumably the Thursday and Friday episodes will air Friday and Saturday, respectively.
QuizGeek75
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by QuizGeek75 »

KDVR aired Wednesday's semi-final match in Denver.
Just a person who loves game shows.
ParrotRob
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by ParrotRob »

Went to catch up on Teachers Tournament, only to find Tuesday's (second) semifinal pre-empted by live protest coverage on the DC affiliate. Even though I also get the Baltimore affiliate here, I never think to record it because XFinity only offers the Baltimore affiliate in, unbelievably, SD.
--
Drowning in the pool