J! in the Media

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: J! in the Media

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Robert K S wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:31 am Yes, Ken's loss aired on GSN. The podium pictures found here are from GSN reruns. I remember photoshopping out the GSN bug on each and every one of them!
Thanks, so that means Ken's entire run aired on GSN.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

What made you think the loss game did not air?
gameshowfandanny

Robert K S wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:12 pm What made you think the loss game did not air?
I never knew Ken's streak aired on GSN.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Yep, it definitely did, I think maybe a few times.
Mario500
Valued Contributor

Post by Mario500 »

Robert K S wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:54 pm As Dwight Schrute would say, FALSE.
(does not understand this text)
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

It's in reply to the immediately above post copying a TV Guide blurb saying that Ken's last game has never been re-run.

As for Mr. Schrute:

gameshowfandanny

Bad news:
It’s been announced that Netflix is removing the current Netflix episodes on June 27 and there hasn’t been an announcement about new episodes being added. This could mean the end of Netflix Jeopardy!, though there hasn’t been any announcement about Hulu episodes.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

D52C6AA4-2946-4702-8E18-9E0F28FDCD24.jpeg
D52C6AA4-2946-4702-8E18-9E0F28FDCD24.jpeg (107.22 KiB) Viewed 5928 times
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:30 pm Bad news:
It’s been announced that Netflix is removing the current Netflix episodes on June 27 and there hasn’t been an announcement about new episodes being added. This could mean the end of Netflix Jeopardy!, though there hasn’t been any announcement about Hulu episodes.
The more I think about this, the more I think that there's probably not going to be a substitute for now. There aren't any new J! episodes after these next three weeks, so we're in for probably a good 2 or 3 months straight of reruns, at the very least. Not to mention the possibility of a new host. Better for J! if they don't compete with themselves - this summer, if you want to watch an old episode of J!, you watch it on your network TV.
goongas

Post by goongas »

talkingaway wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:34 pm
The more I think about this, the more I think that there's probably not going to be a substitute for now. There aren't any new J! episodes after these next three weeks, so we're in for probably a good 2 or 3 months straight of reruns, at the very least. Not to mention the possibility of a new host. Better for J! if they don't compete with themselves - this summer, if you want to watch an old episode of J!, you watch it on your network TV.
I am sure they would be more than happy to take Netflix's money and give them other episodes to license. They have years of shows to give them, like the UToC. They will surely air James' run and the last ToC in syndication during the summer I imagine. If they can tape new episodes, I think the new season will start before Labor Day.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

goongas wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:55 pm
I am sure they would be more than happy to take Netflix's money and give them other episodes to license. They have years of shows to give them, like the UToC. They will surely air James' run and the last ToC in syndication during the summer I imagine. If they can tape new episodes, I think the new season will start before Labor Day.
I wonder why they have decided they wouldn't be happier making their own money by putting all episodes (all they are allowed to under the current syndication contract) on Crackle.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

triviawayne wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:11 pm
I wonder why they have decided they wouldn't be happier making their own money by putting all episodes (all they are allowed to under the current syndication contract) on Crackle.
Sony sold Crackle in 2019.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

jeff6286 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:54 am
triviawayne wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:11 pm
Sony sold Crackle in 2019.
they are still a minority owner
Total game show career losings = $171,522
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

From the June 8 - 21 issue of TV Guide (spoiler for size):
Spoiler
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Christy on "Mom" disparaging her ex-husband in the worst possible way:

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

alietr wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:50 am Christy on "Mom" disparaging her ex-husband in the worst possible way:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LYyhj_ ... sp=sharing
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

There's going to be a "Jeopardy! Collection 6" coming to Netflix 28 July. No further details I'm aware of.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
gameshowfandanny

Volante wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:59 am There's going to be a "Jeopardy! Collection 6" coming to Netflix 28 July. No further details I'm aware of.
That's good news. Unfortunately, that means that there won't be any Jeopardy! episodes on Netflix for a month before the new ones coming out. They announced today what's coming in July and that also said "Collection 6", but I think by "Collection 6", they mean the sixth episode package, since this is the sixth package. Collections are the sets of episodes in each package. This also means that the pattern of changing the episodes every four months is over. I'll post the air dates of each episode when the episodes are added.
gameshowfandanny

I just checked and Netflix says the current collections will be up until July 28, so that means that the current collections will have been there for five months.
gameshowfandanny

According to someone on Reddit, one of the collections coming on July 28 is a Kids Week. The only other Kids Week that has been on Netflix is the 2012 one from February-June 2019. The Kids Week with the Emancipation Proclamation incident and Skylar Hornback's $66,600 win used to be on Hulu when Jeopardy! was first added to Hulu.