Private Rundle option for LL86 C/D/E players

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Private Rundle option for LL86 C/D/E players

Post by twelvefootboy »

I hope this is OK to post ahead of the "official LL86 thread", whenever it is scheduled to emerge. I'm not consistently checking in due to summer activities and the J! hiatus, etc..

I have created a private rundle to augment the JBoardie rundle that is run by seaborgium (I think?) and is populated by trivia assassins. In LL84, it was just classicroadster and myself. We are both back in, and I have three non-boardies lined up to join. (They are twelvefootsibs, just coming off their rookie season with 53, 45, and 38 TCA, so, E rundle material with me, lol..)

The rundle name is JBoardLite. I did not pay the licensing or royalty fee, so there could be litigation :lol: . I see no need to screen in advance, so the doors are open with password AlexTrebek. I don't want to pick off or otherwise diminish the main private rundle for the A and B teamers. I'll be happy to answer any questions.

There's no prizes, and it's just another way to have fun and grab some cheap wins against the Meares clan :lol: . Participation does require the Premium level membership, (the $50/year version).

end of announcement
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
boson
Trivial

Re: Private Rundle option for LL86 C/D/E players

Post by boson »

Thanks for doing this.

So as not to forget like I did last season (oops) I created the "open private" rundle: all who are reading this who are llamas at the Premier membership level or above are welcome to join.

Private rundles give you a second opponent each day during the regular learned league season - and if you are a regular here, you'll know there are some great trivia players who frequent our boards. Try your luck against a few A rundle champs in friendly competition!

Private rundle name: Jboardom3
Registration Code: triviatrashtalk
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I may sign up for the higher level when my membership expires in November so I can join.
classicroadster

Post by classicroadster »

You know I'm in....already signed up
boson wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:31 pm Thanks for doing this.

So as not to forget like I did last season (oops) I created the "open private" rundle: all who are reading this who are llamas at the Premier membership level or above are welcome to join.

Private rundles give you a second opponent each day during the regular learned league season - and if you are a regular here, you'll know there are some great trivia players who frequent our boards. Try your luck against a few A rundle champs in friendly competition!

Just a quick note to add to this that one can only participate in 1 private rundle per season.
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by cmp146 »

I have signed up for Jboardom3!

Just to keep things clear:

LL A and B Rundles (and the truly brave at any level, hosted by Boson)
  • Private rundle name: Jboardom3
LL C D E Rundles (hosted by Twelvefootboy)
  • Private rundle name: JBoardLite
    Registration Code: AlexTrebek
As mentioned, you need at least premier status, and can only choose one.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

cmp146 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:37 pm I have signed up for Jboardom3!

Thanks for the clarifications, as befuddlement is my middle name :). As proven by my first post confusing boson with seaborgium, but at least they are both science-y terms. Apologies to both.

As a further PSA, and for the benefit of procrastinators, August 12 is the hard deadline to join a private rundle as well as to register for LL86 if you haven't already by the default option on your last match day. We are at an odd number right now (5). We need one more to avoid a drop, and the next one up is guaranteed a spot; so a win-win :).

I will put in a plug for Thorsten, the premier level is nice for the player tracker feature, even without the private rundle option.

end of befuddlement
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

On a similar note, I haven't seen this anywhere -- when are referrals due?
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

alietr wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:30 am On a similar note, I haven't seen this anywhere -- when are referrals due?
From my email:

"Last call will be a little over a week from now, but the first wave of Official Invitations will be sent on Tuesday, July 28 (tomorrow). "
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by cmp146 »

alietr wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:30 am On a similar note, I haven't seen this anywhere -- when are referrals due?
LL86 IMPORTANT DATES
First rookie invitations sent:
July 28, 2020
LL86 registration deadline:
August 12, 2020
LL86 Opening Day:
August 19, 2020

This was yesterday's referral email:

Hello! This is a reminder to LL86 registrants that we are still accepting referrals for new players. According to our records, you have not referred any players for the next season (not required, of course). If you have anyone in mind you would like to refer to the league, you still have some time. Last call will be a little over a week from now, but the first wave of Official Invitations will be sent on Tuesday, July 28 (tomorrow).

If you have any referrals, you can visit this page to get all the details, and submit the referral's info: https://www.learnedleague.com/thorsten/referral.php. Again, not required, just a heads up. No response to this email is necessary.

LL86 begins on August 19 and registration closes for all players at 11:59PM PT on August 12.

Yours,
Thorsten

I suspect that your referral would need to be by August 10-11 so they can be processed by the 12th.
kerryoakie
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kerryoakie »

Would this be an appropriate place to ask for a referral? I've been playing along (albeit a day behind) for the better part of 5 years now, but my travel/work schedule has always kept me from asking for fear of a forfeit. Now that I'm not doing any international travel for the foreseeable future, I'd love to actually play!
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

kerryoakie wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:46 am Would this be an appropriate place to ask for a referral? I've been playing along (albeit a day behind) for the better part of 5 years now, but my travel/work schedule has always kept me from asking for fear of a forfeit. Now that I'm not doing any international travel for the foreseeable future, I'd love to actually play!
Whether it's appropriate here or not, I sent a PM. The branch I'm in has several of us boardies, so there's a good chance you'll play against others on here.
kerryoakie
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kerryoakie »

ouachiouat wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:28 pm
kerryoakie wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:46 am Would this be an appropriate place to ask for a referral? I've been playing along (albeit a day behind) for the better part of 5 years now, but my travel/work schedule has always kept me from asking for fear of a forfeit. Now that I'm not doing any international travel for the foreseeable future, I'd love to actually play!
Whether it's appropriate here or not, I sent a PM. The branch I'm in has several of us boardies, so there's a good chance you'll play against others on here.
Thanks for the offer; Woof is now my new llama parent and I hope to make him proud!
classicroadster

Post by classicroadster »

twelvefootboy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:16 pm
cmp146 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:37 pm I have signed up for Jboardom3!

Thanks for the clarifications, as befuddlement is my middle name :). As proven by my first post confusing boson with seaborgium, but at least they are both science-y terms. Apologies to both.

As a further PSA, and for the benefit of procrastinators, August 12 is the hard deadline to join a private rundle as well as to register for LL86 if you haven't already by the default option on your last match day. We are at an odd number right now (5). We need one more to avoid a drop, and the next one up is guaranteed a spot; so a win-win :).

I will put in a plug for Thorsten, the premier level is nice for the player tracker feature, even without the private rundle option.

end of befuddlement
We still need one more...
Armandillo

Post by Armandillo »

I just upgraded my membership. Please save a slot for me. I am a low-C leaguer.

Thank you!
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

Armandillo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:28 pm I just upgraded my membership. Please save a slot for me. I am a low-C leaguer.

Thank you!
You are in! I sent a welcome PM, but wasn't sure if the new member was you until I saw the flag!

Anybody wants in, we are at six players right now, and there are only 20 slots left :lol:.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

PSA: The deadline is tomorrow night!!!

Bumping this thread as a final call: Registration deadlines are Wednesday 11:59 PM. If you want into either the junior or senior rundles, you have to have the Premier level, and you just barely have time for an upgrade (via electronic payment, if Thorsten is processing them quickly).

Presently the jayvee team is at six members, so it will take two (new) people to join. If we have a stray and boson has a stray, perhaps somehow they can coordinate and join one or the other together. Good luck parsing that sentence :).

(repaste is courtesy of cmp)

Private rundle name: JBoardLite