Local station contact list

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bob78164
Jeopardy! Champion

Local station contact list

Post by Bob78164 »

Please insert in this thread contact information for local stations. The idea is to write to them now so they make plans to show Alex's final show at an accessible time on Christmas Day, rather than bumping it to the wee hours of the morning or, worse, preempting it altogether.

Channel 7, Los Angeles:

ABC7 Broadcast Center
500 Circle Seven Drive
Glendale, CA 91201

Main line: (818) 863-7777

That will drop you into an automated menu. --Bob
Last edited by Bob78164 on Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: Local station contact list

Post by econgator »

WFTV Orlando:

490 E. South St., Orlando, FL 32801
Main Number: 407-841-9000
Newsroom: 407-822-8380
kablamfan11
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by kablamfan11 »

KSBW-TV Salinas/Monterey/Santa Cruz CA:

238 John St, Salinas CA 93907
Front Desk: 831-758-8888
Newsroom: 831-422-8206
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

WREG Memphis:

803 Channel 3 Drive, Memphis, TN 38103
Front Desk: 901-543-2333
News Desk: 901-543-2111
zakharov

Post by zakharov »

WABC New York

7 Lincoln Square
New York, NY 10023

917-260-7000
4-time pool swimmer - last audition June 2019
Follow me on Twitter @JakeMHS
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Here is an e-mail I sent to my local affiliate.

I am a regular viewer every weekday of Jeopardy on your station. As you know, longtime host Alex Trebek died today.

His final recorded episode is scheduled to be broadcast on December 25. I understand that on Christmas Day syndicated programs like Jeopardy are often pre-empted due to CBS airing special programming, which you have no control over.

However, due to this being his final appearance before his death, I hope you take steps to see that it is aired at another time convenient to the show’s fans.
Woppy T

Post by Woppy T »

Bamaman wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:01 pm Here is an e-mail I sent to my local affiliate.

I am a regular viewer every weekday of Jeopardy on your station. As you know, longtime host Alex Trebek died today.

His final recorded episode is scheduled to be broadcast on December 25. I understand that on Christmas Day syndicated programs like Jeopardy are often pre-empted due to CBS airing special programming, which you have no control over.

However, due to this being his final appearance before his death, I hope you take steps to see that it is aired at another time convenient to the show’s fans.
Can I steal this for an email to my affiliate?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I didn’t copyright it so go right ahead. Be sure to change CBS to whatever network your local Jeopardy station is affiliated with.
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Can we confirm that Jeopardy! is actually planning on broadcasting the last show on December 25 and not putting some reruns in to take the show out of a majorly pre-empted window before we start contacting affiliates?
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
jpr281
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jpr281 »

There's usually NBA basketball on all day on ABC affiliates, so that'll be a tough one.
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

Here is WBZ Boston's info:

WBZ-TV
1170 Soldiers Field Road
Boston, MA 02134
Administrative Offices: 617-787-7000
Newsroom: 617-787-7145
Programming Announcements: 617-746-8383
Call For Action: 617-787-7070

Form to send them an email: https://boston.cbslocal.com/contact/

Note that WBZ usually runs "Patriots All Access" on Fridays until elimination or a Super Bowl win, and J! comes on Saturday morning sometime from 2-3 AM, typically. The NFL season will still be going on, but the Patriots should be eliminated from the playoffs by then.
OntarioQuizzer wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:35 pm Can we confirm that Jeopardy! is actually planning on broadcasting the last show on December 25 and not putting some reruns in to take the show out of a majorly pre-empted window before we start contacting affiliates?
Just playing devil's advocate, aren't there often holiday categories and occasional references to "It's X today" in the intro? Although they're less likely to do that for religious holidays as they would for, say, Thanksgiving or New Year's Day. It's not too weird to hear Alex introduce a CHRISTMAS CAROLS category on December 26 in the early morning preemption slot. It is weird on January 1.

Since shows seem to come in batches of 5 most of the time, that would mean that they'd have to preempt a whole week of shows, moving their "Christmas week" of shows into the week before New Year's Day - or they'd have to be awkwardly off cycle.

Hopefully they figure out a way to solve this problem. One obvious way would be to GOAT the shows: convert the final 5 shows to an ABC prime time network show, and run them in two 2-hour blocks on prime time during Christmas week (along with retrospective clips of Alex's greatest moments to round out the extra 30-60 minutes each night), while giving reruns to the syndication stations for that week. But that sounds fraught with problems - I don't think you can just take a show that was previously taped under syndication agreements and then magically run it in primetime before it runs in syndication. Syndies have the "first rights" to the tapings of the show that were done, and probably have exclusive rights for a period of time. Vice versa for GOAT, whose rights either expired or were renegotiated so that GOAT could air as filler for season 36.

I think ABC stations are basically sunk. The NBA is planning on returning December 22 - tentatively. With that date, and with their tradition, there's no way they're avoiding Christmas - they're going for it head-on. They'll have to air it either before the games (I think they start at noon, with a preshow probably at 11?), in the "preemption slot" (2:30 AM for example), or in a special Saturday slot.

While I understand the importance of the last show, with syndication, it's tough to get everyone on the same page time-wise. I can understand a local network being willing to preempt the show...but hopefully they will only bump it to the weekend, and not into "whenever the J! folks decide to rerun it again".
DysonSphere

Post by DysonSphere »

Do you sometimes miss a Jeopardy episode with WBZ? We seem to miss a recording with them at least once a week. Monday possibly? I've thought about calling them to complain but I wanted confirmation first.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

DysonSphere wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:48 pm Do you sometimes miss a Jeopardy episode with WBZ? We seem to miss a recording with them at least once a week. Monday possibly? I've thought about calling them to complain but I wanted confirmation first.
They preempt Jeopardy! on Fridays for Patriots All Access, until the Patriots' season is over. If they make it to the Super Bowl, then Patriots All Access ends the Friday before the Super Bowl. WBZ airs Friday episodes overnight when it's preempted by Patriots All Access. I post info on that in the "Season 37 Preemptions" thread.
BlueberryPlainsNever
Contributor

Post by BlueberryPlainsNever »

I contacted the Jeopardy affiliate station in Bangor, ME (WVII); they said they are definitely going to show it on Christmas day, but they won't know what time it'll air until they get closer to the air date.

Sometimes WVII pre-empts Jeopardy for high school/college sports tournaments. They have a sister station where they show Jeopardy when it's pre-empted. I wonder if they'll show it on their sister station instead.
jlgarfield

Post by jlgarfield »

KOMO-TV
Suite 370
140 4th Ave. N.
Seattle, WA 98109

trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Bob78164 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:36 pm Channel 7, Los Angeles:

ABC7 Broadcast Center
500 Circle Seven Drive
Glendale, CA 91201

Main line: (818) 863-7777

That will drop you into an automated menu. --Bob
I can already predict that they'll air J! at 9:00 P.M. on Christmas Day, which has been the case in past years.
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

DysonSphere wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:48 pm Do you sometimes miss a Jeopardy episode with WBZ? We seem to miss a recording with them at least once a week. Monday possibly? I've thought about calling them to complain but I wanted confirmation first.
It's usually Friday in the fall. That's the only regular preemption I know of - and they show it sometime between 2 AM and 3:30 AM on Saturday morning (ie about 7 hours after when it should air.) If you have a DVR, check out that time block, and record it to watch Saturday morning.

I've always thought it a bit odd that they don't shuttle WoF/J! to the 7 PM hour on WSBK, their sister station, like they do for Big Brother when it gets preempted for Patriots preseason games. It might annoy fans of The Big Bang Theory, which has two episodes then...but from looking at the episodes the syndication package shows, it seems completely random - both half hour sets have single episodes from seasons, and they don't seem to make any attempt to show them in any sort of order. Missing one random pair of episodes couldn't be that big of a deal, except that it might take 5-6 months for them to get back to showing that episode.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

WNEM TV5
107 N. Franklin St.
Saginaw MI, 48607
989-758-2044
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Bamaman wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:01 pm Here is an e-mail I sent to my local affiliate.

I got a response today from the station:

First, thank you for being a CBS42 Viewer, and a part of the Jeopardy family of viewers who are so sadden by the loss of Alex Trebek. You are correct that often the network will program special programming on a holiday like Christmas. I've looked at the CBS schedules, and as of this morning, the daytime schedule only goes out as far as the end of November, Thanksgiving actually. As for our local daytime schedule, all programs are still in pattern as of today and would be until the network makes the December programming available. Once the network releases their changes, our schedule would adapt to those changes.

With all the publicity regarding Alex's last episode, I feel confident that the syndication company will ensure that we have the flexibility needed to make sure the episode airs, if not on the highly publicized Christmas Day, then at some time shortly thereafter. Continue to monitor your listings, and you are welcome to contact us again for an update.

Have a great week and thank you again for being one of our viewers!

The show airs at 3:30 CST here. CBS doesn’t have NFL that day but you never know if they might show some parade, although that isn’t likely this year.

At least I put a bug in her ear so it will be on her radar as it gets closer. I imagine it will be a big story as it gets closer and local affiliates will take steps to make sure it airs if it indeed is broadcast on Christmas.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Thinking of that MASH episode...does it have to be on Christmas?...
*wonders how to push a hand forward on a digital clock*
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)