J! hosting plans post Alex

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

leszekp
Loyal Jeopardista

J! hosting plans post Alex

Post by leszekp »

"We will resume production on 11/30 with a series of interim guest hosts from the Jeopardy! family – starting with Ken Jennings. Additional guest hosts to be announced."

https://www.facebook.com/Jeopardy/photo ... 226243932/

Edit: Just noticed that this was already mentioned in the "What ought to happen next" thread. Will leave it up, since it's probably big enough news to deserve its own thread.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: J! hosting plans post Alex

Post by morbeedo »

Oh! Does anyone know if the show has expanded casting beyond Los Angeles and the environs?
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

morbeedo wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:09 pm Oh! Does anyone know if the show has expanded casting beyond Los Angeles and the environs?
Only for hosts!
leszekp
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by leszekp »

And the possible Xmas preemption has been resolved.

https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/news-eve ... AT60Ygtb6o

"Jeopardy! also announced an update to its broadcast schedule: in memory of Alex, the show will air 10 of his best episodes the weeks of Dec. 21 and Dec. 28, 2020. Due to anticipated preemptions around Christmas and New Year’s, Alex’s last week of episodes will now air the week of Jan. 4, 2021, in order to give his millions of fans a chance to see his final appearances. The first week of guest-hosted shows will air the week of Jan. 11, 2021."
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Seems like a good call. We'll get a nice Alex retrospective and then get to see the final few new games with Alex hosting after the new year begins. I hope there aren't any college football preemptions...
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

seaborgium wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:13 pm
morbeedo wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:09 pm Oh! Does anyone know if the show has expanded casting beyond Los Angeles and the environs?
Only for hosts!
Well, ok then! I’m already here
slam
Auditioning Since 1985

Ken Jennings named as interim host

Post by slam »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/media/je ... index.html

Presumably, this is also a tryout to be the permanent host though it looks like there will be several other interim hosts.
Lefty
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Lefty »

leszekp wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:48 pm "We will resume production on 11/30 with a series of interim guest hosts from the Jeopardy! family – starting with Ken Jennings. Additional guest hosts to be announced."
May November 30 prove luckier for Ken this time!
I'm smart and I want respect.
gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Lefty wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:29 pm
leszekp wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:48 pm "We will resume production on 11/30 with a series of interim guest hosts from the Jeopardy! family – starting with Ken Jennings. Additional guest hosts to be announced."
May November 30 prove luckier for Ken this time!
I didn't even realize until you made this post that the day they are resuming production, is the sixteenth anniversary of Ken's defeat to Nancy Zerg airing (though according to this Los Angeles Times article from the day after it aired, the November 30, 2004 episode was taped on September 7, 2004 https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html.) I am looking forward to seeing how Ken does as interim host.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:38 pm I didn't even realize until you made this post that the day they are resuming production, is the sixteenth anniversary of Ken's defeat to Nancy Zerg
Which is also the 16th anniversary of the Archive
nserven
At the Clam Shack

Post by nserven »

They seem to be reading the room pretty well. Enough people, I think, want their Jeopardy! in some form and there doesn't seem to have been a clear pipeline in place for who would succeed Alex. Ken was the clear first choice, and I imagine that Jimmy from the Clue Crew counts as part of the "family" and will be given a shot. And it's particularly keen of them of to move Alex's final show off of Christmas day.

I am still hoping for LeVar Burton when all is said and done.