Season 37 Preemptions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Bamaman wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:35 am
AntmanB wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:09 am
gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:00 pm Week of December 28, 2020 (RERUNS):
KTRK: Due to The Rose Parade's New Year Celebration, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
and thats one i havent played along with yet, while Wednesday AND Thursdays Jeopardy i have via Netflix. well thats what the archive is for, i guess. :(
I thought the Rose Parade wasn’t being held. Or does that mean the Rose Bowl game? (Which is being played in Texas).
No, The Rose Parade's New Year Celebration is an entertainment special that's airing in place of the Rose Parade.
radioinsomnia
Contributor

Post by radioinsomnia »

CHICAGO: WLS is currently airing a live press conference regarding the Kenosha district attorney's declination of charges in the police shooting of Jacob Blake.

I can only hope WLS will air today's show in its entirety during the Daytime Jeopardy! slot, which my TiVo shows being 3:05am.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Anyone using the Secret Bunker to view this game will need to follow the directions in the Description and hope for the best. (Pay attention to the warning about the thumbnail in the Google Drive link containing a spoiler if you care about spoilers. Read the whole description for details or don't blame the Secret Bunker Penguin.) Sony is blocking the full game on YouTube, which of course they have a perfect right to do. I just wish they'd stream this last week themselves and give everyone a chance to pay their respects and say good-bye. But they didn't ask me.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Stupid frickin' protestors pre-empted Alex's antepenultimate appearance. I wish D.C. still had the death penalty. :evil:
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

opusthepenguin wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:50 pm Stupid frickin' protestors pre-empted Alex's antepenultimate appearance. I wish D.C. still had the death penalty. :evil:
Same here in my area too
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

kingskip wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:07 pm
opusthepenguin wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:50 pm Stupid frickin' protestors pre-empted Alex's antepenultimate appearance. I wish D.C. still had the death penalty. :evil:
Same here in my area too
I suspect everyone who has not already seen it will not get it tonight.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Things seem to have calmed down so maybe those who get it later will be in luck.
Golf

Post by Golf »

kingskip wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:07 pm Same here in my area too
econgator wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:11 pm I suspect everyone who has not already seen it will not get it tonight.
It airs here at 6pm on the CBS alternate channel. Since it moved there a few years ago, I can't remember it being pre-empted. Syndie Millionaire currently airing.

I'll let you know in 21 minutes if I just jinxed myself.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

For me at 3 on affiliates: TMZ Live came on Fox as scheduled. News instead of People's Court on CBS. News instead of Kelly Clarkson on NBC. News on ABC at this time anyway.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

WABC is airing Jeopardy! as scheduled.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Very justifiably blocked out by CBS news coverage today. Anyone able to hook me up?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I am in Atlanta for work and it isn’t looking good. It is scheduled for 7:30 on the NBC affiliate and right now they are showing a special report from NBC News. Wheel is supposed to be on right now. I don’t know if it aired last night with the election coverage because I got it from that Antarctic channel.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Golf wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:39 pm
kingskip wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:07 pm Same here in my area too
econgator wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:11 pm I suspect everyone who has not already seen it will not get it tonight.
It airs here at 6pm on the CBS alternate channel. Since it moved there a few years ago, I can't remember it being pre-empted. Syndie Millionaire currently airing.

I'll let you know in 21 minutes if I just jinxed myself.
Surprisingly, we got it at the normal time on WFTV.
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

If there are any Bostonians, it's on WSBK tonight. Just caught the scroll at the bottom of the screen - should have figured they'd do it.

I can certainly understand why they preempted it - it's annoying, but news is more important than J!. In fact, without news, there would be no J!.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Anybody know what the pre-emption status is in Cleveland?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

talkingaway wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:33 pm If there are any Bostonians, it's on WSBK tonight. Just caught the scroll at the bottom of the screen - should have figured they'd do it.

I can certainly understand why they preempted it - it's annoying, but news is more important than J!. In fact, without news, there would be no J!.
This is certainly a very unusual and historic event that deserves news coverage.

That being said, the situation seems to be under control and it is just talking heads blabbing on saying the same things over and over. There comes a time to pull back. If something big happens or Congress goes back into session to resume the counting then they can break in.

But I have seen the guy sitting at Pelosi’s desk and the one dressed like a Viking more than necessary.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

I don't think WNEM knows what "air at 1:30 AM" even means. This is the same network that aired not one, but *THREE* goddamn Time-Life infomercials, all completely unannounced, the week my episode of Wheel aired.
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

Im so lucky J Airs so Early for me 12;30 PN edt in Houston on KTRK(abc). sucks for yall though.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

If someone has a copy they could share you could be a hero to many people.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Bamaman wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:45 pm But I have seen the guy sitting at Pelosi’s desk and the one dressed like a Viking more than necessary.
lol