Wednesday, January 6, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Wednesday, January 6, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Bamaman »

No chance on FJ.

The wagers were...interesting. All I will say is that if Jared had merely bet to cover Manisha’s MSBIW he finishes with $6,000 and still loses.
John Boy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by John Boy »

cthulhu wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:38 pm
TenPoundHammer wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:31 pm I think superhero movies are the worst form of entertainment possible
Amen, brother!!! (Yeah, I’m atheist, but sometimes my Bible Belt upbringing provides just the right over-the-top-ness...)
They usually seem to go for whatever can possibly explode or otherwise make the loudest noise, which is my idea of worst possible entertainment, so yeah, I agree.
Euphonium

Post by Euphonium »

Eve was made out of a Chicago barbecue restaurant?

Charlie Brown! Everybody clap your hands! (clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap)

Also Jared sounds a bit like Ben Sasse.

Coryat: $29,600. Ugh. A pair of rough boards for me

J: 17R8P1W. Got DD. 5/5 on Government. 1/1 on Inspector. 4/5 on Adam and Eve (I was trying to think of the names of the angels rather than the rank). 2/5 on TV and Gadget.

DJ: 20R9P1W. 2/2 on DDs. 5/5 on Peak. 4/5 on 19th Century and G-Q. 2/5 on Billboard.

FJ: No clue. I've only seen a handful of superhero movies, and this wasn't one of them. I'm also not familiar with the comics--is this something one could have known from by being familiar with them?

LT: Rockies, Macarena
rockyboy34
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by rockyboy34 »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:31 pm I missed the episode, very justifiably, because of news coverage. Anyone got a copy?
The same could be said in the west coast.
It's the end of the journey that counts.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

rockyboy34 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:45 pm
TenPoundHammer wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:31 pm I missed the episode, very justifiably, because of news coverage. Anyone got a copy?
J! did air at 8 on KGO. For YT it's basic search skills. Try a contestant name path, first hit, and then look within there for another link. Have to be a little vague about it to avoid trouble.
rockyboy34
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by rockyboy34 »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:07 pm
rockyboy34 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:45 pm
J! did air at 8 on KGO. For YT it's basic search skills. Try a contestant name path, first hit, and then look within there for another link. Have to be a little vague about it to avoid trouble.
I got the episode! Thanks for the help. :D
rockyboy34
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by rockyboy34 »

Now that I’ve seen it, it was a nice match between the trio, but I think those writers are trying to save tons of money w/ these tough FJ! clues.

5/10 (C)
Plactus

Post by Plactus »

I assume my affiliate is going to air this tonight and the announcement was just poorly spellchecked. It's possible there's some show called Jeaporday that was supposed to air yesterday but was also preempted.
Oh, what has science wrought? I sought only to turn a man into a metal-encased juggernaut of destruction powered by the unknown properties of a mysterious living crystal. How could this have all gone wrong?
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Kept geting snagged on "Me" TV because I kept expecting them to begin with the word "Me".

NHO babaganoush. That was only slightly less obscure than liederkranz.

Ran the Billboard category, but was 0/5 in America and Mountains.

Lach Trash: "Macarena"
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

All killer finals are triple stumpers, but all triple stumpers are not killer finals!

I got WW despite Alex's note of caution. Not sure what he was trying to convey there, probably better to say nothing at all

Abysmal FJ wager!

Would Tree of Knowledge suffice? I would have been hard pressed to come up with the rest on a BMS

Kudos to Yoshie for getting ideé fixe
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

morbeedo wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:42 pm
I got WW despite Alex's note of caution. Not sure what he was trying to convey there, probably better to say nothing at all
I assumed he was drawing attention to '2017', 'during', and WWI (not II) presumably to steer people away from 1917 and maybe Dunkirk.