Annual Penguin Hiatus

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Annual Penguin Hiatus

Post by opusthepenguin »

After tonight I disappear for my annual Lenten hiatus. I plan to be back on Monday, April 5 with several more weeks of stunt-hosting to endure. It looks as though I will miss Dr. "Meh" Met Oz, so that's a plus. But I'll also miss Mike Richards who, as I understand it, is the other person being considered for the host job. My feeling in advance of the facts is that he won't be better than Ken. And if he's just as good, that means Ken is better. It looks like I won't miss Mayim Bialik, which is good. I'm looking forward to her two weeks.

For those who will miss me, I'll be back before you know it. For those who won't, enjoy your 6 1/2 weeks of glorious fresh air.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Annual Penguin Hiatus

Post by Bamaman »

The only other person on the schedule right now is Katie Couric for March 8-19.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Hmmm.... I’d have thought that 2020-2021 was Lenten enough, but you do you. I did have a recent chuckle in an Online Quiz League match at question that began “What animal, of family Spheniscidae, is the mascot for the Linux OS?” It wasn’t my question but I’d have responded “you had me at Spheniscidae” :mrgreen:
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Woof wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:34 pm Hmmm.... I’d have thought that 2020-2021 was Lenten enough, but you do you. I did have a recent chuckle in an Online Quiz League match at question that began “What animal, of family Spheniscidae, is the mascot for the Linux OS?” It wasn’t my question but I’d have responded “you had me at Spheniscidae” :mrgreen:
:lol: I'm always amused by how dirty that classification sounds.

As to 2020-2021 being Lenten enough, the missus and I had the same thought! But we still feel inclined to take advantage of this season to redirect and recalibrate.
floridagator
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by floridagator »

Always remember and never forget: whatever you give up for Lent, you can still partake in on Sundays in Lent
I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

:( hopefully there are no preemptions then.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

AntmanB wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:07 pm :( hopefully there are no preemptions then.
Today’s game is up on the secret bunker.
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

Bamaman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:19 pm
AntmanB wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:07 pm :( hopefully there are no preemptions then.
Today’s game is up on the secret bunker.
i know. :)
Johnblue

Post by Johnblue »

I guess I’ll have to wait until Easter Monday for a response but had opus ever traveled to Australia 🇦🇺 or Antarctica 🇦🇶 to see penguins? Worth every penny!