LL Season 96

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

mahatma
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: LL Season 96

Post by mahatma »

Volante wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:55 pm
sarisson wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:50 pm Finished with 102 correct answers but no 9(6)'s. That might be a record number of TCA without a beer!
Well, tied if it is. I did that last season :lol:
I’d be surprised.

…if it was the record, I mean.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

mahatma wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:03 pm
Volante wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:55 pm
sarisson wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:50 pm Finished with 102 correct answers but no 9(6)'s. That might be a record number of TCA without a beer!
Well, tied if it is. I did that last season :lol:
I’d be surprised.

…if it was the record, I mean.
Yeah, mathematically it could be as high as 125 and while -that's- unlikely, that's still 23 away. My guess is it'd be around 110.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
mrparadise

Post by mrparadise »

sarisson wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:50 pm Going into MD24, I needed a win or a tie in the final two games to secure 2nd place. Two losses would mean I'd finish anywhere between 2nd and 7th. I lost Monday, so it came down to the final match against mrparadise. I ended up winning, but even if I'd lost, I still would've gotten promoted (and he would've leapfrogged me) thanks to (un)lucky ties or losses by players below me.
Finished with 102 correct answers but no 9(6)'s. That might be a record number of TCA without a beer!
Yes it was a crazy finish. My loss left me in 8th, a win would have had me in 4th and on my way to A (though having had a cup of coffee in A before, i have mixed emotions).
Peachbox
Sports Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by Peachbox »

I played well at the beginning and end of LL 96, but a poor stretch in the middle cost me. Back to B for me.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

twelvefootboy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:33 pm Shout out to mahatma for edging out the Hughes crew for first place in A Fjord.
Well, as the commercials used to say, "You're ahead in A Fjord all the way."

(Me, I am being relegated once again, after a 25th-place finish in A Quetzal.)
bluejaylink
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bluejaylink »

I also was relegated out of A.

Tough season.
mennoknight

Post by mennoknight »

I'm also back to B. Honestly, I'm totally fine with that.
I eat chicken. That's what I do.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

This makes up for 2 seasons ago, where I fell apart on the last 2 days, putting up L-L when all I needed was 1 match point to stay in the top 3.

I had a very typical season, defense in the high 7s, correct answers in the 110s. I have to thank my CAA for dragging me up and down the court for 48 minutes.

Now I've got studying to do.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:32 pm This makes up for 2 seasons ago, where I fell apart on the last 2 days, putting up L-L when all I needed was 1 match point to stay in the top 3.

I had a very typical season, defense in the high 7s, correct answers in the 110s. I have to thank my CAA for dragging me up and down the court for 48 minutes.

KreitzerJ was in our rundle a few seasons ago (he's a ronin). He's one tough competitor. Of course, 10 or so seasons prior, I had BlishS as a resident ronin. That was tons of fun :lol:
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Woof wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:36 pm
MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:32 pm This makes up for 2 seasons ago, where I fell apart on the last 2 days, putting up L-L when all I needed was 1 match point to stay in the top 3.

KreitzerJ was in our rundle a few seasons ago (he's a ronin). He's one tough competitor. Of course, 10 or so seasons prior, I had BlishS as a resident ronin. That was tons of fun :lol:
I believe you're thinking of someone else. He's been a regular top performer in Keystone for years.
Woof

Post by Woof »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:43 pm
Woof wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:36 pm

I believe you're thinking of someone else. He's been a regular top performer in Keystone for years.
I just went back and looked. You’re right, Myron. It was KaszetaR who was our ronin visitor. Somehow, I’d conflated him with Josh Kreitzer, who I’ve tangled with in OQL.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Woof wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:09 pmIt was KaszetaR who was our ronin visitor.
KaszetaR is an online friend of mine from elsewhere, and competes in the private rundle I usually play in -- he's tough!
SBurrus

Post by SBurrus »

The sabremetrics have been posted for LL96, and I finished #717 out of more than 28,000 llamas in luck, within the top 3%. Not surprising...considering in LL96, I had three days with no correct answers (one of those ended up being a forfeit win) and only answered 56 questions correct yet finished at the top of my rundle, climbing from 8th place to 1st place in the last three days of the season, and only answering 4 questions correctly the last two days. I think I used up all of my good luck for life in LL96.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Don't miss the one day special: Sunday Night TV
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I managed to get all 12 right in Extremes 1DS and finish at #73. My mistakes were not moneying my WAG of Mexico, and assuming more people would know Katharine Hepburn won the most acting Oscars and how to fill in the blank of "____, Prince of Tyre."
Woof

Post by Woof »

seaborgium wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:47 pm I managed to get all 12 right in Extremes 1DS and finish at #73. My mistakes were not moneying my WAG of Mexico, and assuming more people would know Katharine Hepburn won the most acting Oscars and how to fill in the blank of "____, Prince of Tyre."
Right there with you (almost). I got 11 but my moneying dropped me from 99th percentile to 84th.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Woof wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:35 pm
seaborgium wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:47 pm I managed to get all 12 right in Extremes 1DS and finish at #73. My mistakes were not moneying my WAG of Mexico, and assuming more people would know Katharine Hepburn won the most acting Oscars and how to fill in the blank of "____, Prince of Tyre."
Right there with you (almost). I got 11 but my moneying dropped me from 99th percentile to 84th.
Similar for me. I would have been 98th % if I'd moneyed Hepburn. Definitely wouldn't have expected that one to have a low get rate. I missed Mexico and sugarcane.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Oh hey, I'm a 1DS champion (Seals 1DS) for the third time in nearly a dozen years as a LLama, and for the first time in over six years! Finally, my strategy to be aggressive and money a guess (on the Lou Seal question) pays off. Also, I'm alphabetically first of the winners, so I get to top the list!

Edit: Interestingly, there were five winners with perfect scores and there two ways to money ideally (there was a tie at 54% for the question fifth-lowest get rate), and four (including me) moneyed the same way.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

seaborgium wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:23 pm Oh hey, I'm a 1DS champion (Seals 1DS)
Congrats!

I'm just happy to learn that seal milk doesn't have lactose!
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

To no one in particular:

The Just Images TV Credits is a must play. Lots of fun.