Thursday, March 23, 2023 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Sage on the Hudson
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Thursday, March 23, 2023 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Sage on the Hudson »

I'm surprised that no one's brought up the matter of that wretched clue about what powers "Star Trek"s Starship Enterprise, the response they were looking for being dilithium crystals.

Wrong.

Federation starships are actually powered by the mutual annihilation of matter and antimatter; dilithium crystals merely focus and regulate that energy within the warp drive. This is a longstanding technology that goes all the way back to early episodes of the Original Series and, once again, the show's writers are making it clear they're writing clues off the top of their heads, without doing the modicum of research necessary to get something as simple as this correct.

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Sage on the Hudson wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:24 am I'm surprised that no one's brought up the matter of that wretched clue about what powers "Star Trek"s Starship Enterprise, the response they were looking for being dilithium crystals.
I'm surprised (not really) that you didn't read the thread thoroughly enough to notice that matter was, in fact, discussed.
Volante wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:38 pm
BrigadierSolo13 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:28 pm
DBear wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:18 pm dilithium crystals :geek:
A proud :geek: from me as well
Aaaactually, dilithium crystals simply regulate the reaction between matter and antimatter which actually powers the ship. You don't say your fuel injector nozzle powers your car. I sure hope somebody got fired for that blunder! *gets shoved under a Horta*
Uncle Jeff
Resident phpBB Programmer

Post by Uncle Jeff »

Volante wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:38 pm Monty Norman was enough for me
MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:36 pm new trash available today with ... the ace married to the model.
The 'Upton girl' line got an audible groan from me...
BrigadierSolo13 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:28 pm
DBear wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:18 pm dilithium crystals :geek:
A proud :geek: from me as well
Aaaactually, dilithium crystals simply regulate the reaction between matter and antimatter which actually powers the ship. You don't say your fuel injector nozzle powers your car. I sure hope somebody got fired for that blunder! *gets shoved under a Horta*
An expected response so bad that it got me to log in here for the first time in about 5 years to make sure somebody complained in the discussion ;)
In a free society, the most local level of government is the individual citizen