JeoparDAY! 2023

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Game Girl
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

JeoparDAY! 2023

Post by Game Girl »

JeoparDAY! is nearing.

there's so many exciting things to say that would be here if it was not late where I live we got the pilot last year something I am very excited happen but even though something so exciting does not seem to be happening this year we still have a few events.

there is the every time test which seems to be getting a free for fall pass.

on other events (which is copied from my inside Jeopardy post)

they mentioned the event in New York. I wonder if it is going to be like the radio city one from all those years ago. anyhow extra information about this event seems to be nowhere. nothing comes up in a Google search. am i spelling the place wrong as racket. since the recap just said
MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:00 pm March 30 is JeoparDAY! and there will be a live Inside Jeopardy! podcast to raise money for pancreatic cancer research through Stand Up 2 Cancer with tickets costing $19.64 for year 1964 J! began.

Also on JeoparDAY! $5.90 for 59th year of show will be donated to the charity for each person taking the Anytime Test - you can take it even if you took it in the past year.

Austin Rodgers is making a potent potable called The Daily Double and there will be some announcements during the show.
transcript of the locations name in the recap. anyhow why are they being so hush-hush this close to the event is beyond me.

it seems to me they said racket New York City and that it would be on their site but I seen just a bunch of bands. input would be appreciate.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: JeoparDAY! 2023

Post by Robert K S »

Happy Jeoparday! Just a reminder that

you can take the online test any time today, even if you already took it recently,

and please do not post clues/responses from the online test here on JBoard (or, really, anywhere on the Internet). You are, of course, welcome to share your self-assessed scores/hopes/aspirations/self-pity.

Also, if it's of interest, show #1 will air on YouTube tonight at 9:00 Eastern (6:00 Pacific).

If you can't wait to get yourself some classic Trebek, here's some prank calls to Alex's house that were brought up on reddit recently.

MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Just finished the test and I marked that I had already been on J! 15 minutes to do it? Even a little after 7 in the morning I was done in about 8 minutes.
BrigadierSolo13
Double Double Machine

Post by BrigadierSolo13 »

Just took the Test on my phone to see how it worked. Interesting that I didn't see a "Submit" button, which isn't a big deal, just took longer than I wanted it to.

Probably scored 45 or 46/50
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

There is an inherent tension between encouraging people to try out via this method and not giving them the actual opportunity to be on due to the 18,000 tournaments the show plans on having
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

Took it a little while ago; realized I probably hadn't taken it in 18-24 months. First time I did it I got a work call about 10 questions in, had to close the test window. Restarted it and finished. Was doing much better the second time; pretty sure I got around 40. First one I had 5 or 6 complete stumpers in the first 10 Qs. Did notice 1 question repeat.

Here's hoping this leads to my first audition that I can actually attend!
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Austin Powers wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:16 pm There is an inherent tension between encouraging people to try out via this method and not giving them the actual opportunity to be on due to the 18,000 tournaments the show plans on having
I'm reminded of the joke adapted from a Calvin Trillin remark: "For thirty years, my mother served us nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found."
Trevor807
Loyal Jeopardista
Location: Fort Worth, Texas (moving back to Bradley, Illinois soon)

Post by Trevor807 »

Austin Powers wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:16 pm There is an inherent tension between encouraging people to try out via this method and not giving them the actual opportunity to be on due to the 18,000 tournaments the show plans on having
That's what happens when we're stuck with an EP who's been incompetent on almost any game show he's ever produced (he couldn't even run his claim to fame right!) and probably didn't even watch Jeopardy! too much (at best) before he got the job. Not that much of an upgrade over the last guy, at least job-wise.

And you know it's bad when the subreddit (which had been Davies' cheerleaders) thinks his proposed tourney is a bad idea.
“Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously.” - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Pegasus icon by Siahri!
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

I took it tonight. Think I got 46/47 right. 15 years and counting...
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Woof wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:56 pm I took it tonight. Think I got 46/47 right. 15 years and counting...
On the cusp of greatness!
jamie
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jamie »

47 for me, as far as I can tell, just now. Hoping for my first audition since 2011.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I got 45 right by my count, 46 if a judgment call goes my way. The ones I outright missed involved college sports where I had no clue, an event from five years ago that I confused for a similar one from a year before that (and then blanked on), a magazine error similar to getting Fortune vs. Forbes mixed up (except I could only name one magazine on the topic in the clue), and a geography error I could have avoided with someone reading the clue to me (provided they pronounced the important word better than I knew how when I saw it). The judgment call involves a word where the category specified length and clue specified first letter, and the word I gave fit those criteria and could be argued to fit the rest of the clue.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Not a good one for me. Maybe 33 to 35. Maybe less. Left quite a few blank.
Jeffreygallup
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Jeffreygallup »

My score was ~41. I missed some in my usual areas of weakness like pop culture and children's literature, but also two or three I should have gotten. The rhyme time response came to me instantly - 48 hours after I took the test, alas.

Am I correct that absolutely anyone was eligible to take the test on Jeoparday? I did not see a just for fun option, and I thought former Jeopardy contestants were not normally allowed to take the test. I thought I aw a question on the registration about whether you had been on the program.