Thursday, May 25, 2023 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Thursday, May 25, 2023 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Bamaman »

threearruda wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:48 am Jesse has hired me as his personal secretary. He writes:
“ Let the people at JBoard know that I didn’t ring in on 1040 because Meg and Ed confused me with the W2 and W4 answers so I thought I misread it and was just rereading and then time ran out :lol:
Weird things happen up on stage!
I can see that. Sometimes at home someone gives a question that throws me off track and I have no idea what to do.
davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by davey »

threearruda wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:48 am Jesse has hired me as his personal secretary. He writes:
“ Let the people at JBoard know that I didn’t ring in on 1040 because Meg and Ed confused me with the W2 and W4 answers so I thought I misread it and was just rereading and then time ran out :lol:
Glad to know he wasn't confused about what country they wanted...
Most of us have W-2 forms delivered to us, electronically or otherwise. We don't have delivered or go out seeking the tax form we use to file, anymore. I feel a little sheepish about it, but W-2 is what leaped to mind for me too...
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

davey wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:33 am
Most of us have W-2 forms delivered to us, electronically or otherwise. We don't have delivered or go out seeking the tax form we use to file, anymore. I feel a little sheepish about it, but W-2 is what leaped to mind for me too...
I don't think people were expecting an entirely numerical response either. I stayed clam, but thought "1040...E...Z?"
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Volante wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:38 am
davey wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:33 am
I don't think people were expecting an entirely numerical response either. I stayed clam, but thought "1040...E...Z?"
I had the same thought but had enough presence of mind (on the couch, of course) to decide I would ring in and provide the 1040 with more information on BMS if necessary.

As to Jesse getting confused by the wrong responses, like others, I can totally see this happening. It happens to us at home. I assume the lights magnify the effect.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

59 R (Could not remember Anthony Edwards. Could have gotten it at another time.)
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:

Got Lake House because it was on Split Second this week. :D
Douglas Squasoni