Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to appear on Celebrity Wheel of Fortune

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to appear on Celebrity Wheel of Fortune

Post by gameshowfandanny »

According to The Futon Critic, Ken and Mayim will be contestants on Celebrity Wheel on Wednesday, May 10 (airing immediately after Jeopardy! Masters and preceding ABC's miniseries, The Game Show Show), playing against Vanna White. It is unknown who will touch the letters in Vanna's place, since she is a contestant. Vanna will play for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Ken will play for the Equal Justice Initiative, and Mayim will play for the Mental Wealth Alliance.
http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2023/04/ ... 0421abc01/
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to appear on Celebrity Wheel of Fortune

Post by Robert K S »

I feel like I heard this news a month or two ago... was it on Omnibus or something? It was reddit
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

Didn't plan to originally, but wound up watching WoF with Mayim and KJ. Ken was Ken, but the living room consensus was that Mayim was a lot more fun as a contestant that she has been as a host.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Vanna calling a letter already used had to be mortifying. To do it again? No words.

Mayim made a good showing and had fun doing it.

Ken had his moments to solve some toss-ups quickly. That bonus puzzle sucked. He should have figured out how to finesse the big wheel better during his games.

Maggie got her exercise going across the puzzle pushing letters at each extremes.

When Mayim was doing the bonus Ken got to sit with Vanna and watch. Their drinks looked they could be some form of water or Sprite-type drink in being clear & possibly bubbly.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Maggie Sajak looked pretty poised out there.
Game Girl

Post by Game Girl »

I mean if you saw Mayim bonus round interview she said herself that she had a moment before The game began in which she talked about herself having no chance. (something I cannot blame I would feel the same way if I was between those two) , I would not point this out for her sake usually but the fact is that she got the same letter wrong 2 in a row. I think even she figured it out which is why she said that out loud. Ken did a way better job and I briefly Considered that he could have been bad a choosing letters until the last 10 minutes of the broadcast. I Gotta say the last 10 minutes might be the best or one of the best segments of wheel ever. he wiped the floor and then some. I might not know what the details. I am not sure if he wanted to win money for charity, Felt that his cohost felt OK by now. or i suspect possibly on the logical end he did a Michael Larson (from press your luck) in which he waited for the big bucks 20000 rounds. maybe James is rubbing off on Ken for that poker trick. in the bonus round Ken got a puzzle not in his strong suit with few letters. they probably wanted to have hard puzzles for this match anyway. anyhow it was a great game.