Family Feud and J! ratings

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Family Feud and J! ratings

Post by legendneverdies »

As per Buzzerblog, Feud is at a 3.9 rating as of two weeks ago, and J! less than a point away at 4.8(for the week of 9/10 when J! and WOF were still in reruns, and Feud debuted its new season). Feud has beaten J! in important female demographics and is tied with WOF in some as well. Feud has gotten its highest syndicated ratings since the Ray Combs era of the show more than 20 years ago. This could conceivably end the more than 26 years of WOF and J! being the two most watched syndicated game shows, as no show has really come this close to their ratings certainly since the 80s.
zakharov

Re: Family Feud and J! ratings

Post by zakharov »

Everyone loves Steve Harvey, I guess.
4-time pool swimmer - last audition June 2019
Follow me on Twitter @JakeMHS
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

^I also think Steve Harvey is part of the reason why the show's getting better-than-average ratings. There's just no way that Louie Anderson, Richard Karn, or even John O'Hurley hosting would have helped Feud be more than just your average daily game show.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Everyone watches Feud because they force a penis joke on every question.
whoisalexjacob
2015 TOC'er

Post by whoisalexjacob »

Watched a few episodes recently... I thought Harvey was great. Really funny.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

TenPoundHammer wrote:Everyone watches Feud because they force a penis joke on every question.
It's more of a Feudian slip.
Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

legendneverdies wrote:As per Buzzerblog, Feud is at a 3.9 rating as of two weeks ago, and J! less than a point away at 4.8(for the week of 9/10 when J! and WOF were still in reruns, and Feud debuted its new season). Feud has beaten J! in important female demographics and is tied with WOF in some as well. Feud has gotten its highest syndicated ratings since the Ray Combs era of the show more than 20 years ago. This could conceivably end the more than 26 years of WOF and J! being the two most watched syndicated game shows, as no show has really come this close to their ratings certainly since the 80s.
It's a long, long way from 3.9 to 4.8. I thought this show aired only on GSN; I had no idea it was in syndication.
BobF

Post by BobF »

Vanya wrote:
legendneverdies wrote:As per Buzzerblog, Feud is at a 3.9 rating as of two weeks ago, and J! less than a point away at 4.8(for the week of 9/10 when J! and WOF were still in reruns, and Feud debuted its new season). Feud has beaten J! in important female demographics and is tied with WOF in some as well. Feud has gotten its highest syndicated ratings since the Ray Combs era of the show more than 20 years ago. This could conceivably end the more than 26 years of WOF and J! being the two most watched syndicated game shows, as no show has really come this close to their ratings certainly since the 80s.
It's a long, long way from 3.9 to 4.8. I thought this show aired only on GSN; I had no idea it was in syndication.
Really, you're talking about a nearly 25% bump in viewership. And check out the words I highlighted in the original post quoted above.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
erak
Queen Elizabeth's Phrenologist

Post by erak »

Steve Harvey's alright. He sometimes takes a little too much time on a joke, but it looks like he also channels some of Dawson's better habits at hosting.

TenPoundHammer wrote:Everyone watches Feud because they force a penis joke on every question.
Because I have the sense of humor of a 12-year-old, I found it hilarious that this comment was made by someone called TenPoundHammer.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

BobF wrote:
Vanya wrote:
Really, you're talking about a nearly 25% bump in viewership. And check out the words I highlighted in the original post quoted above.
So the Power Players reruns weren't drawing big ratings?