Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

bpmod
Rank

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by bpmod »

Does anybody pay attention to the spots at the end of Jeopardy! (Promotional consideration provided by...)?
ATTENTION DIALYSIS PATIENTS

If you suffered sudden death during or after dialysis, you may be entitled to substantial monetary compensation.

Call 1-800-LAW-FIRM now!
Doesn't somebody have to approve these before they go to air?

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

They went in threes yesterday.

Tony Soprano
Slim Whitman
Vince Flynn
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Awww, not Slim Whitman...
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Bamaman wrote:They went in threes yesterday.

Tony Soprano
Slim Whitman
Vince Flynn
To be fair, Tony Soprano got whacked a few years ago. It was James Gandolfini that recently joined the choir invisible.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

bpmod wrote:Does anybody pay attention to the spots at the end of Jeopardy! (Promotional consideration provided by...)?
ATTENTION DIALYSIS PATIENTS

If you suffered sudden death during or after dialysis, you may be entitled to substantial monetary compensation.

Call 1-800-LAW-FIRM now!
Doesn't somebody have to approve these before they go to air?

Brian
One of my favorites has "Patients taking aspirin and the elderly". I would have to wonder how a patient could be taking the elderly.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

Yes, James Gandolfini died yesterday. You know how I knew? Because it was "shared" in my FB thread.

47 times.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Paucle wrote:Yes, James Gandolfini died yesterday. You know how I knew? Because it was "shared" in my FB thread.

47 times.
This happens to me more than I care to admit (learning about news through FB). Hell, it even predates that, I first found out about Princess Diana's death (over 15 years ago!) because someone mentioned it when I was in an IRC chat with a bunch of people and someone mentioned it.

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I only had a couple mentions of his death in my FB feed. But about a year ago or so, some actor I'd never heard of before died and my FB page went crazy with people mouning his .death
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

dhkendall wrote:
Paucle wrote:Yes, James Gandolfini died yesterday. You know how I knew? Because it was "shared" in my FB thread.

47 times.
This happens to me more than I care to admit (learning about news through FB). Hell, it even predates that, I first found out about Princess Diana's death (over 15 years ago!) because someone mentioned it when I was in an IRC chat with a bunch of people and someone mentioned it.
I'm getting the sense that someone mentioned it.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

seaborgium wrote:
dhkendall wrote:

47 times.
I think he's just going for the redundancy award award.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

bpmod wrote:
seaborgium wrote:
dhkendall wrote:This happens to me more than I care to admit (learning about news through FB). Hell, it even predates that, I first found out about Princess Diana's death (over 15 years ago!) because someone mentioned it when I was in an IRC chat with a bunch of people and someone mentioned it.
I think he's just going for the redundancy award award.

Brian
No, I'm going for the addle-minded award. Damn ADD, makes me lose my train of thought in the middle and suddenly shifts a puppy! Cool!

Fleeboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Fleeboy »

At least two of my FB friends informed me earlier this week that Nelson Mandela had died.

Why, in the face of that evidence, is the mainstream media still in denial?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I haven't seen his death reported on Facebook, but I do occasionally see deaths of various well known people reported on the internet. None from mainstream sources, of course. Why do people do stuff like that? Do they just get some perverse pleasure out of upsetting people. Suppose your father was some celebrity and you log on the internet and see some web site reporting that they have died.

People who do stuff like that need to be taken out back and have the crap beaten out of them.
Jasoni22
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Jasoni22 »

TMZ broke the news about Michael Jackson's death, and they turned out to be right. Of course, they also reported that after his seizure, Lil Wayne was near death and on life support and was given last rites, and that turned out to be totally false. Gotta take everything you see on the internet with a grain ton of salt.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Fleeboy wrote:At least two of my FB friends informed me earlier this week that Nelson Mandela had died.

Why, in the face of that evidence, is the mainstream media still in denial?
Well, I also see such articles on FB, but they at least don't have links to reputable news sources covering it. The Gandolfini posts I saw linked to news articles as well, not just saying he's dead. (For local news I also have a local 80s rock station and a local news blogger (which was where I heard about Price is Right Live coming here earlier this year that I mentioned here) in my FB feed as well.) But I haven't watched television news or bought a news paper in a long while.

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Jasoni22 wrote:TMZ broke the news about Michael Jackson's death, and they turned out to be right. Of course, they also reported that after his seizure, Lil Wayne was near death and on life support and was given last rites, and that turned out to be totally false. Gotta take everything you see on the internet with a grain ton of salt.
Which explains why everyone has high blood pressure.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
georgespelvin
The Charlie Brown of Jeopardy Auditions

Post by georgespelvin »

I used to be AWSOP but wanted to be more theatrical.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

georgespelvin wrote:How many of these do you get?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/jokes-on ... understand
Not only did I get every single one, but enjoyed every single one.

The geek is strong with this one.

bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

But I don't get joke #17. All it tells me is that the man got to the store and the store had eggs. What's funny about that?

Brian

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

bpmod wrote:

But I don't get joke #17. All it tells me is that the man got to the store and the store had eggs. What's funny about that?

Brian
She told him to get bread and if they had eggs, get a dozen, so he bought 12 loaves of bread.

He understood it to mean, if they have eggs, get a dozen loaves of bread. Since the store had eggs, he got a dozen loaves of bread.