Is CBC reusing end credits?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Is CBC reusing end credits?

Post by dhkendall »

Earlier this week (I forget the day), I caught the tail end of J! (ie the FJ round) on CBC, and played it there. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that the end credits had a credit that read "Flag Illustration © David Stuphin & Flagart.com". I perked up "hey, there's at least one flag related question in this game, I'm going to enjoy watching this tape!" But, it turns out, there wasn't any flag illustration in the game. Then, just now watching my recording of CBC's weekend repeat (April 14, 2011, Sara Heard's second game) had the same credit (this time I paused the tape to make sure I wasn't imagining it), and there wasn't any flag images in this game either.

So, has this been happening with other CBC affiliates? (I see no reason why not). How long has that been going on? (And can anyone determine which episode's credits they are reusing based on the info alone?)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Is CBC reusing end credits?

Post by MarkBarrett »

If the credits show Lisa Finerman then that is tip off. This season it's Lisa Broffman that is shown.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

MarkBarrett wrote:If the credits show Lisa Finerman then that is tip off. This season it's Lisa Broffman that is shown.
Well, since today's episode was a repeat from Season 27 (as is normal for the Sunday episode to be a repeat of the previous season), that won't help much. And I seem to recall there weren't that many names shown anyways, each name that was there (like Harry Friedman and Rocky Whatisname) was on the screen for at least 5 seconds each ...

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

dhkendall wrote:Rocky Whatisname
!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Robert K S wrote:
dhkendall wrote:Rocky Whatisname
!
Sosumi, I don't follow the behind the scenes people as much as others (I'd especially imagine that those that have been on the show would have a greater reason than I to know more names). The fact I know the "Rocky" part I think still puts me head and shoulders above the average J! viewer.

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Schmidt
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

CBC has often run promos for their own shows over the credits of Jeopardy - and run the credits faster or in part of the screen. I had thought that they would have taken the actual text and reformatted it to run in the smaller time/smaller screen, but it wouldn't surprise me if they simply reran the credits from a previous show.

All networks have to run self-promotion, but CBC is getting worse and worse. They now run results from their "reality" shows as "news" during their regular newscasts. The results of "Battle of the Blades" will not set off a new Arab Spring, I don't think. The fact that they get significant tax dollars put towards the organization seems to make them worse, not better, than other networks.