Football pre-emptions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

harrumph
Voyeur

Re: Football pre-emptions

Post by harrumph »

Holy Crapola, I got pre-empted on Black Friday but not Thanksgiving.... any chance of the Friday game being put up as a vid?
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

I've asked this before, but, just in case anything has changed, I'll ask again:

Is there anybody (else) on here who records Wheel in HD each day?

I need a go-to for when my recording is screwed up, like this past Thursday.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Further to that, is there anybody here who receives Jeopardy! and Wheel over the air (as opposed to cable), and who would allow me to install a DVR as a backup to my system? It would need to be somebody who is seldom, if ever, pre-empted, and where the affiliate does not use a watermarked logo or have a tendency to run scrolls across the screen (weather, news, whatever) and routinely shows the entire show without cutting to something else during the post-game chat.

I am batting about .950 and need to cover those last few percentage points.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Wouldn't access to someone's Slingbox achieve that goal?
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

alietr wrote:Wouldn't access to someone's Slingbox achieve that goal?
Not necessarily. I do not want to watch remotely. I save all of my HD files. Since there is no internet connection (none for home use, anyway) that can carry a broadcast HD signal (~20Mbps), a slingbox cannot stream the shows without downgrading them.

Brian

whoisalexjacob
2015 TOC'er

Post by whoisalexjacob »

Anybody planning on posting Friday's?
whoisalexjacob
2015 TOC'er

Post by whoisalexjacob »

So, I've been out of the loop as far as this is concerned...safe to assume that no one here is posting pre-empted episodes any longer? Just want to know if I can eliminate that possibility from my mind.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

CBS has won the bidding to show Thursday night NFL games for the 2014 season from weeks 2-9. If the sports broadcast comes on at 8 eastern then that region should not be affected for airing of J! For pacific, mountain and central zones the possibility arises for game show preemptions?

I'm glad ESPN was not the high bidder since their plan was to show them on ABC where I watch J! through the KGO affiliate. I can't get too happy since the deal seems to be for one year only.

Any boardies going to have 8 weeks of J! disruption? My sympathies.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Week 1 for the NFL has two Monday Night Games. The first one is Jets @ Lions at 7:10 ET and the second one is Raiders @ Rams at 10:20 PT.
These are ESPN games except locally they have to be covered as well. In the Bay Area it's KGO that will show the Raiders game. The season premieres of both J! & Wheel are not on the schedule at all as the normal prime time shows will be bumped to the early Tuesday a.m. hours when sometimes the game shows can be shown.

Any viewers in Detroit, NY or LA want to forward their programming guide to see what is happening in those markets on the 10th? Just curious.

For other football news as a heads up, some of the Thursday night games will now be on Fox instead of CBS.
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 am Week 1 for the NFL has two Monday Night Games. The first one is Jets @ Lions at 7:10 ET and the second one is Raiders @ Rams at 10:20 PT.
These are ESPN games except locally they have to be covered as well. In the Bay Area it's KGO that will show the Raiders game. The season premieres of both J! & Wheel are not on the schedule at all as the normal prime time shows will be bumped to the early Tuesday a.m. hours when sometimes the game shows can be shown.

Any viewers in Detroit, NY or LA want to forward their programming guide to see what is happening in those markets on the 10th? Just curious.

For other football news as a heads up, some of the Thursday night games will now be on Fox instead of CBS.
J! airs on WDIV (NBC) in Detroit and thus will not be pre-empted.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
xxaaaxx

Post by xxaaaxx »

TitanTV shows the Jets/Lions game being simulcast on WPIX in NYC and not WABC, so thankfully no J! preemption here.
bigblue999
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bigblue999 »

xxaaaxx wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:30 pm TitanTV shows the Jets/Lions game being simulcast on WPIX in NYC and not WABC, so thankfully no J! preemption here.
Only time the NFL is shown on ABC in New York is ESPN's simulcast of a wild-card game.
DBear
Denier of Pop Culture

Post by DBear »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 am Week 1 for the NFL has two Monday Night Games. The first one is Jets @ Lions at 7:10 ET and the second one is Raiders @ Rams at 10:20 PT.

And the Denver market airs J! at 6PM Mountain.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 am Any viewers in Detroit, NY or LA want to forward their programming guide to see what is happening in those markets on the 10th? Just curious.
In L.A., J! will air at 2:07 A.M. (early Tuesday), as has been KABC's usual modus operandi recently.
mfc248

Post by mfc248 »

DBear wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:50 pm

And the Denver market airs J! at 6PM Mountain.
Back when this change was first announced at the end of January, OQ noted, based on data I've compiled, that it was likely on net very positive for Jeopardy! fans. The 3,280 meter view shows us that in contrast to CBS with 71 markets and 22.6% of viewers, FOX only airs the show in 13 markets to 6.3 percent of the country.

As mentioned above, Denver is where the impact will be most acutely felt. A pre-game show extending back a half-hour before the game has the potential to impact Cincinnati* and Syracuse. Less likely to be impacted (but still theoretically within range) are five 7 ET/6 CT FOX affiliates: New Orleans; Green Bay; Marquette, MI (adjacent to Green Bay); Baltimore; and Mobile/Pensacola.

* The Bengals host the Ravens in the Week 2 TNF game; it's listed as only on NFL Network, but that doesn't rule out WXIX carrying it locally.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Here's as good a place as any.

My TV schedule for KGO has ABC showing an NBA playoff game on Friday, April 19, with J! listed for 9:30 p.m. after a local post-game show and Wheel.

On both Thursday, April 25 & Friday the 26th is the NFL Draft and I guess ESPN & The NFL Network aren't enough exposure for it and now ABC needs to put it on the affiliates as well.

Those in the West act accordingly.
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

NFL.com says that on April 26, coverage is starting at 7 PM ET. This is not ideal.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:26 am Here's as good a place as any.

My TV schedule for KGO has ABC showing an NBA playoff game on Friday, April 19, with J! listed for 9:30 p.m. after a local post-game show and Wheel.

On both Thursday, April 25 & Friday the 26th is the NFL Draft and I guess ESPN & The NFL Network aren't enough exposure for it and now ABC needs to put it on the affiliates as well.

Those in the West act accordingly.
very odd...can't remember the last time a first round nba game was broadcast on abc on a weekday

i am glad fox is not broadcasting it this year since the local affiliate is crap and won't air shows at a later time when bs specials are aired
ronaldSon
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Football pre emptions

Post by ronaldSon »

I dont follow football, but how can you play fantasy football if there is no NFL season?
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Looking ahead to September 9th: KGO does not have J! (or that other game show) on the schedule as the Raiders/Broncos will be on at 7:15 preceded by 3hr 45m of news. After the game it's more news and after show, Kimmel, Nightline and then the 3 hours of bumped regular prime time programming that has to be shown. People have to have their Bachelor in Paradise/Grand Hotelfix. That is a local situation.

9/12 is the Democratic debate with ABC's turn to air it although there should be space for J! afterwards with typical prime time programming not on the docket. It could carry over to 9/13 if more than 10 qualify. I think the count is exactly at 10 candidates so far who have met the requirements? That is a West Coast situation for recording devices to monitor.

College football on 9/14 will make a day delay tough as those things never end on time.