Help Support JBoard!

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Help Support JBoard!

Post by alietr »

As I've mentioned, I've been paying for the board's server space and another month is due shortly. It's not exactly a huge financial burden at $5/month, but if people would like to voluntarily contribute and help out, I would appreciate it. So here is what I am proposing ... when the rent comes due, so to speak, I will post here and ask for a contributor to pay for the coming month. That person will be the official JBoarder of the Month. The title comes with a special parking space in front of the grandiose JBoard World Headquarters (in a rococo style), which is conveniently located next to Sony's studios in Culver City. You also get a plaque in the lobby, and the entire Jboard staff stands and cheers you when you walk into the JBoard cafeteria.

So here's how I'd like to work it ... if you're interested in contributing, be the first one to reply in this thread after I make a "Rent Due" post. I would really prefer that you volunteer to pay for only one month so as to distribute the contributions more evenly. If you see that your reply was first, then contact me to get me $5 (PayPal is probably easiest). With all this money we're raking in, we may have to re-incorporate in the Caymans.

Many thanks in advance.

And by the way, the rent is coming due for November.
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Re: Help Support JBoard!

Post by RandyG »

Tag, I'm "it."
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

And the crowd goes crazy!
Bob78164
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Bob78164 »

RandyG wrote:Tag, I'm "it."
Congratulations to the JBoarder of the Month for November 2011. Perhaps someone with some pull around here can arrange for special recognition in or near your avatar. --Bob
agefen
Site Admin

Post by agefen »

I don't know how to mess with people's avatars, but check out up above!
Bob78164
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Bob78164 »

agefen wrote:I don't know how to mess with people's avatars, but check out up above!
(What am I looking for? I don't perceive anything new.)

Perhaps not the avatars, but I think Administrators can give people titles. Yours, for instance, is "Site admin." Perhaps you can give the current JBoarder of the month an appropriate title, such as "JBoarder of the Month." --Bob
mam418
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by mam418 »

Bob78164 wrote:
agefen wrote:I don't know how to mess with people's avatars, but check out up above!
I just saw it... waaaaay up at the top of the page, on the JBoard Banner, it says RandyG is the JBoarder of the Month. (Join the JBoarder of the Month Club, and have a new JBoarder sent to your door every month! Hehehe... okay, I made that last part up.)
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

mam418 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
I just saw it... waaaaay up at the top of the page, on the JBoard Banner, it says RandyG is the JBoarder of the Month. (Join the JBoarder of the Month Club, and have a new JBoarder sent to your door every month! Hehehe... okay, I made that last part up.)
So does that mean you're volunteering? :D
mam418
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by mam418 »

barandall800 wrote:
mam418 wrote:I just saw it... waaaaay up at the top of the page, on the JBoard Banner, it says RandyG is the JBoarder of the Month. (Join the JBoarder of the Month Club, and have a new JBoarder sent to your door every month! Hehehe... okay, I made that last part up.)
Sure! (Though I got the impression it was going to be a new post looking for volunteers every month. yes?) But heck, yeah - JBoard's sorta like brain crack, and I need to support my habit... hehehe.
Bob78164
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Bob78164 »

mam418 wrote:
barandall800 wrote:
mam418 wrote:I just saw it... waaaaay up at the top of the page, on the JBoard Banner, it says RandyG is the JBoarder of the Month. (Join the JBoarder of the Month Club, and have a new JBoarder sent to your door every month! Hehehe... okay, I made that last part up.)
Sure! (Though I got the impression it was going to be a new post looking for volunteers every month. yes?) But heck, yeah - JBoard's sorta like brain crack, and I need to support my habit... hehehe.
That's how I read the post above. The first reply after the monthly request wins that month's honors. --Bob
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

I was referring to her "new JBoarder to your door every month" idea, actually. :)
Peggles
Grand Exalted Queen of the Universe

Post by Peggles »

RandyG wrote:Tag, I'm "it."
Way to go, Randy!
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Bravo, Randy! We are all in your debt, big guy. Next round's on me! :mrgreen:
mam418
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by mam418 »

barandall800 wrote:I was referring to her "new JBoarder to your door every month" idea, actually. :)
Hee! I was wondering if that's what you meant. The shipping charges would be killer, though. :lol:
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

alietr wrote:The title comes with a special parking space in front of the grandiose JBoard World Headquarters (in a rococo style), which is conveniently located next to Sony's studios in Culver City.
You know, if The Call ever comes, I'll hold you to that, a parking spot next to the Sony studios (precluding having to take a cab there (well, for the wife and kids, I fully intend to make use of the famous "contestants shuttle")) could come in real handy! :)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

A parking space in a rococo style. Now that's class.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Bob78164 wrote:

Perhaps not the avatars, but I think Administrators can give people titles. Yours, for instance, is "Site admin." Perhaps you can give the current JBoarder of the month an appropriate title, such as "JBoarder of the Month." --Bob
I got it. It's called a "Rank", and Randy now proudly displays his rank with his avatar. And all for $5. Such a deal!
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by jeff6286 »

alietr wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

I got it. It's called a "Rank", and Randy now proudly displays his rank with his avatar. And all for $5. Such a deal!
As long as you're giving out ranks, can I be the village idiot?
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I'll keep that in mind, but everyone now has one assigned ... comments are welcome.

You can see them by going to Members, clicking on the posts column, and then clicking it again to reverse sort it.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

One more thing while we're at it ... I'm still looking for a knowledgeable, trustworthy regular who would like to have admin privs. My ex-wife has taken to standing across the street shaking a bag of gummi bears, and there's no telling how much longer I can go without getting hit by a bus. So it would be nice to have someone else have the keys to the executive suite in the rococo JBoard palace. But no, you can't use the executive washroom. I have my limits.