for Survivor talk

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

lisa0012
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: for Survivor talk

Post by lisa0012 »

lieph82 wrote:I like the cowboys, and the globetrotters and Margie and Luke, but I think there were so many teams they could have invited back for a second time that they passed over to give these guys a third chance. Art and JJ? James and Abba? Go Dave and Connor!
Agree, not sure why some teams are getting a third chance. But fortunately the awful teams are leaving quickly. *fingers crossed for a nasty speedbump Sunday*
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

lieph82 wrote:I like the cowboys, and the globetrotters and Margie and Luke, but I think there were so many teams they could have invited back for a second time that they passed over to give these guys a third chance. Art and JJ? James and Abba? Go Dave and Connor!
Jet McCoy of The Cowboys made news being a victim of a big cattle theft. Brenchel are getting a decent edit so far. Can it last? Pouring drinks or DJ spinning? Ugh! Both were awful choices.
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

Who could have figured that Brenchel would come across at times sympathetically .
lieph82

Post by lieph82 »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Jet McCoy of The Cowboys made news being a victim of a big cattle theft. Brenchel are getting a decent edit so far. Can it last? Pouring drinks or DJ spinning? Ugh! Both were awful choices.
Pretty clear which one was easier though. I'm surprised the conspiracy theorists were at less than full force after the ending of Sunday's show.
BobF

Post by BobF »

lisa0012 wrote:At this point I am happy with most people who aren't cops or models.

I'm up for an AR talk too. Go cowboys!
As a big NY Giants fan, this may be the only time you'll see me agree with "Go cowboys!" Them or the Globetrotters.

I thought they invited back too many truly annoying teams this time. The Twinnies (I was SO glad they were first to go), the youtube people and the Afghanimals annoy me. For the most part, I don't like superloud people.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
Dr. J
Decade Battler and Mustache Maker

Post by Dr. J »

Am I the only one who thinks that it's time AR thinks about doing an all-star version where one team member gets to rid him/herself of his/her previous, odious partner and race with someone new and hopefully better? There are many teams I could think of that fit this bill, but particularly Margie this season. I've always loved her, but Luke? Sigh. FREE MARGIE!

I also love me some Globetrotters, though I don't expect them to win.
BobF

Post by BobF »

Dr. J wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that it's time AR thinks about doing an all-star version where one team member gets to rid him/herself of his/her previous, odious partner and race with someone new and hopefully better? There are many teams I could think of that fit this bill, but particularly Margie this season. I've always loved her, but Luke? Sigh. FREE MARGIE!

I also love me some Globetrotters, though I don't expect them to win.
Yes, that is one umbilical cord that is long overdue to be cut. I guess I should cut Luke a bit of slack for being a special needs child.

But I wonder if she would have gotten on the show without Luke - it seems the show aims for diversity in participants and the deaf guy was a new angle.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

I don't understand why they ever had the youtube people on, they have no redeeming qualities by any telegenic criteria. With the twins, they aren't villains that I like to watch, they're annoying people whom I'd rather see disappear into their small pathetic lives. When Bopper went down the season lost perhaps the best character they've ever had, even though he and his partner are below average racers.
lisa0012

Post by lisa0012 »

BobF wrote: Yes, that is one umbilical cord that is long overdue to be cut. I guess I should cut Luke a bit of slack for being a special needs child.

But I wonder if she would have gotten on the show without Luke - it seems the show aims for diversity in participants and the deaf guy was a new angle.
As someone who works with "special needs children" for a living, I disagree with point one. I understand that he gets frustrated, and I can only imagine what his world is like. At the same time, people with disabilities can learn to adapt and work with their challenges. The deaf community in particular is very close-knit and supportive of each other. I really like Margie and how she deals with him, so I wonder why he acts the way he does.
lisa0012

Post by lisa0012 »

After last night's AR, I have to say
Spoiler
I was really impressed with Luke. He stayed calm and handled the frustrating day well. I was sad to see them go.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I thought it would have been funny to have the Twinnies as the greeters with Phil at the Pit Stop since they were in the mother land. It's a good thing they were long gone or all the viewers who can't stand that team would have cried foul over homefield advantage.
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

No one on the show has ever picked up on that after the first three elimination episodes that they alternate for the next six pit stops with NELs. It never veers from that pattern.
lieph82

Post by lieph82 »

harrumph wrote:No one on the show has ever picked up on that after the first three elimination episodes that they alternate for the next six pit stops with NELs. It never veers from that pattern.
Where do you get this? This is not true, at least in recent seasons.

AR 23: NELs 4*,7,10
AR 22: NELs 3*,6,9
AR 21: NELs 5,7,10
AR 20: NELs 4,7,9

*not formal NEL, "leg's not over, keep racing" episode
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

My source is that when I've yelled at the contestants "IT'S NOT AN ELIMINATION ROUND YOU MORON" that they wind up not being eliminated.
lieph82

Post by lieph82 »

harrumph wrote:My source is that when I've yelled at the contestants "IT'S NOT AN ELIMINATION ROUND YOU MORON" that they wind up not being eliminated.
Fair enough :). Midway through a non-elim episode it's pretty easy to tell.
geolawyerman
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by geolawyerman »

harrumph wrote:When Bopper went down the season lost perhaps the best character they've ever had, even though he and his partner are below average racers.
They'll almost certainly be back. Survivor and AR seem to like to bring back players who lost their chance at competing due to injury.
2016 Teen Tournament contestant
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

And that ladies and gentlemen is why the show is still on and has been renewed for seasons 29 & 30. The TC can still deliver.
lieph82

Post by lieph82 »

MarkBarrett wrote:And that ladies and gentlemen is why the show is still on and has been renewed for seasons 29 & 30. The TC can still deliver.
Spoiler
I'm a sucker for good strategy, so I think it says a lot that I'm still loving this season even though just about every player has shown themselves to be absolutely awful at strategy. I had high hopes for Kass, which was probably stupid after her decision to keep J'Tia earlier in the season, but tonight? Wow. Her TV personality is a textbook case of someone who just has to come off as the smartest person in the room, everything and everyone else be damned. Spencer had no tact in saying she "can't win the game" now, but it was absolutely correct. At least she flushed out the idols, but that was solely due to really questionable moves on Tony's and LJ's part. Tony clearly wasn't getting any votes after his announcement--the others AUDIBLY changed their targets--so LJ's idol play for Tony was particularly bad. Tony's for LJ was more forgivable, but Tony just flat out read the room wrong. Not only were they not going to vote for LJ, Tony already had the numbers on his side. Just bad, bad, bad play all around. The only people in the entire episode who didn't have major faux pas were Jeremiah, Morgan, Trish, and Woo (Jefra's reactions at TC, Tasha's handling of Kass, Tony's overaggressiveness, LJ's idol play, Kass' narcissism, Spencer's inability to shut up, Sarah's flip floppiness), and it's not looking too good for the first two now.
Dr. J
Decade Battler and Mustache Maker

Post by Dr. J »

So much stupidity for a "smart" person. I couldn't believe the unnecessary egotism on display -- it's ONE vote...let the princess have what she wants for ONE vote, then proceed! That's going to be an awkward camp going forward.
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

Her vote was suboptimal.