LL BWA Entries

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Re: LL BWA Entries

Post by Volante »

alietr wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:09 am For Survivor: "Later for you, sucker!" I had (as usual) no understanding of what Thorsten picked ("Developers developers developers developers") -- feel free to explain.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

boson wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:13 am Edit: hmm, the video tag doesn't work, but just writing the url does.
Alrighty, that's quite the inside joke.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I've heard of High Street, but it wasn't going to come to me. I almost made a BWA attempt with "Mornington Crescent," but I thought I had a nonzero chance of a random guess being right, and that the reference was too obscure (at least in America).
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

boson wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:13 am Edit: hmm, the video tag doesn't work, but just writing the url does.
Aha! Never thought of trying just that.
RJRouge
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by RJRouge »

I'm kind of disappointed that my answers earlier this season of "Qurplop" for the Quran subdivision and "Prince E. Mail" for the Nigerian playwright weren't chosen.
Coelacanth
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Coelacanth »

seaborgium wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:58 am I've heard of High Street, but it wasn't going to come to me. I almost made a BWA attempt with "Mornington Crescent," but I thought I had a nonzero chance of a random guess being right, and that the reference was too obscure (at least in America).
It would never have occurred to me that there could exist a person who could come up with Mornington Crescent but not High Street.
Brian Weikle
Season 19
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I went with "Basketball Jones" yesterday, which is a very old Cheech and Chong routine. Almost got it right totally by accident.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

alietr wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:34 am I went with "Basketball Jones" yesterday, which is a very old Cheech and Chong routine. Almost got it right totally by accident.
That's all I could think of, too.
Volante

Post by Volante »

The Death and Life of Great American Cities, a seminal work in the field of urban planning, was written in 1961 by what tenacious New Yorker (and foe of Robert Moses)?
Pharaoh

(I opted for that variant over Faroe...didn't want to get too cutesy)
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I guessed that the other Slovenian basketball player was Melania Trump.
gnash
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gnash »

LL81 MD14 Q5 wrote:What is the artistic term defined as a monochrome painting (or other work) completed entirely in shades of gray, frequently modeled in a decorative manner to imitate sculpture or stone relief?
FIFTY SHADES OF SADISTIC LL ART QUESTIONS
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

mine so far this season:

In computing, a control total of the correct digits in a particular set of data, which can be used in future comparisons to detect errors, is usually referred to by what compound word? NUMBERWANG

Charlie Townsend in Charlie's Angels, Mrs. Wolowitz from The Big Bang Theory, Vera Peterson in Cheers, and Maris Crane in Frasier—all of these characters are distinctive in a particular manner that is also shared by what character in Magnum P.I.? TOM SELLECK'S BITCHIN' 'STACHE
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

The #1 game by global downloads in the iOS App Store and Google Play for 2018 is described by its maker, Voodoo Games, as an "exciting adventure of the bouncing ball through the...tower labyrinth". What is the name of that game?
Amaze Balls!
Volante

Post by Volante »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:47 am The #1 game by global downloads in the iOS App Store and Google Play for 2018 is described by its maker, Voodoo Games, as an "exciting adventure of the bouncing ball through the...tower labyrinth". What is the name of that game?
Amaze Balls!
Flappy Ball
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Useless Game I'm Not Gonna Waste Time or Money On
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

alietr wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:20 am Useless Game I'm Not Gonna Waste Time or Money On
Get off my lawn! :D
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

For Aaron Spelling's last series before he died, I went with "Heaven Couldn't Wait". I knew 'heaven' was in there, but no way I was pulling that one.
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

alietr wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:17 am For Aaron Spelling's last series before he died, I went with "Heaven Couldn't Wait". I knew 'heaven' was in there, but no way I was pulling that one.
"What TV series, which centered on the Glenoak, California, family of Protestant Reverend Eric Camden and his wife Annie . . ."

I said "How I met your Savior"
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
RJRouge
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by RJRouge »

L'Anse aux Carlrissian
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

BWA voting is now open.