Fun with NBC's "The Weakest Link"

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

AntmanB
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Fun with NBC's "The Weakest Link"

Post by AntmanB »

Looks like weakest link is done for now. I’m guessing they will air the rest of the eps later at some point.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

AntmanB wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:24 pm Looks like weakest link is done for now. I’m guessing they will air the rest of the eps later at some point.
Networks keep changing their schedule, but as of today the show will be back Monday June 5 after Ninja Warrior. Futon shows 14 episodes remaining and NBC will air new eps. throughout the summer.
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:39 pm
AntmanB wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:24 pm Looks like weakest link is done for now. I’m guessing they will air the rest of the eps later at some point.
Networks keep changing their schedule, but as of today the show will be back Monday June 5 after Ninja Warrior. Futon shows 14 episodes remaining and NBC will air new eps. throughout the summer.

They should hold off til Fall TBH
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

Came Back last night with a Drag Queens Edition.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

AntmanB wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:22 pm Came Back last night with a Drag Queens Edition.
Jane had fun with the contestants and was loaded with zingers such as [approximate wording], "Who is leaving with not just their tail between their legs?" :lol:
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Almost didn't watch this episode.

No need to do bad and unsurprising misses since I knew there would be many in both categories.
Douglas Squasoni
LucarioSnooperVixey

Weakest Link!!! The plural of Octopus is Octopuses!!!

Rothaniel clue on tonight’s episode. One week too late.

There are no women on the floor. Are you happy now?!?!

Jane: Well it’s too bad I’m a vegetarian but I find myself in the middle of a real sausage fest. You can get rid of the rest of the women, but you can’t get rid of me.

Bad Misses: Lamp, Cairo, Mitt Romney, Pink, Teeth

Unsurprising Misses: Waiting for Godot, Azalea, Gerrymandering, Mali, Thailand, Vampire Chronicles, Catherine
Douglas Squasoni
MDCSWildcats86

Post by MDCSWildcats86 »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:28 am Almost didn't watch this episode.

No need to do bad and unsurprising misses since I knew there would be many in both categories.
Caught the finale and was shocked that the black guy in the "shootout" did NOT know Selma.
LucarioSnooperVixey

MDCSWildcats86 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:25 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:28 am Almost didn't watch this episode.

Caught the finale and was shocked that the black guy in the "shootout" did NOT know Selma.
You quoted the wrong post. That was me talking about the Drag Queen episode.
Douglas Squasoni
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

we really need a schedule for whats a new ep and whats not. just air all new episodes back to back, not this every 2 or 3 weeks crap. i understand they are holding off on some eps beacuse of the writers strike but still.
waterloo_guy
Valued Contributor

Post by waterloo_guy »

AntmanB wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:56 pm we really need a schedule for whats a new ep and whats not. just air all new episodes back to back, not this every 2 or 3 weeks crap. i understand they are holding off on some eps beacuse of the writers strike but still.
Check this link regularly for updates:

http://thefutoncritic.com/showatch/weak ... /listings/
LucarioSnooperVixey

This was actually a quite smarter than usual bunch. But some exceptions.

Hallux known as the Big Dipper. :roll:

Greta Thunberg from Canada. :lol:
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:24 pm Only mammal that can truly fly.

Contestant: Ostrich

That is wrong in multiple ways.
History repeated itself when Weakest Link contestant answered the same answer as the Split Second contestant.

History also repeated itself when Bridget, who was on the original Anne Robinson version, was eliminated in Round 3 both times.

Bad Misses: Sweden, Bat

Unsurprising Misses: Colombia, Vibraslap, Nickel, Ansel Adams, Jeff Koons

Surprising Get: Clio Awards
Last edited by LucarioSnooperVixey on Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Squasoni
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

Watching the WWE show and of course they got rid of the Only one i knew first. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

It was probably the worst Episode of the Reboot because it was painfully obvious what was gonna happen. too bad that they are taking ANOTHER 2 weeks off! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

AntmanB wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:16 pm Watching the WWE show and of course they got rid of the Only one i knew first. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
8/8 having varying degrees of familiarity with the wrestlers, though definitely first out the most. To not know person standing in the first position? That's "Freakin'" amazing as I would think a poll would have him finish 2nd or 3rd for most well-known of the 8.
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:34 pm
AntmanB wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:16 pm Watching the WWE show and of course they got rid of the Only one i knew first. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
8/8 having varying degrees of familiarity with the wrestlers, though definitely first out the most. To not know person standing in the first position? That's "Freakin'" amazing as I would think a poll would have him finish 2nd or 3rd for most well-known of the 8.

I kinda knew Xavier Woods(Only because of Celeb Wheel) and the Miz and thats it.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:16 pm Longtime Archie Comics artist Dan Parent on tonight's episode. Maybe they mentioned that.

ETA: Apparently they did. Calling him Jughead as he left the stage was low-hanging fruit, but I still chuckled. I notice that there are a lot of pop/culture questions in this edition that I wouldn't be very good at. That's an interesting development, from a personal perspective.
This evening I learned that roughly 20 years before actually appearing on The Weakest Link (issue dated November 2003), Dan Parent wrote and penciled a parody of The Weakest Link (with a contestant named Dan) for Archie Comics. (Again, perhaps they mentioned that.)

The 11-page story features a game show called "Top of the Heap" which is part Weakest Link, part Wheel of Fortune, part pie-eating contest for some reason, and part Moment of Truth (5 years before that show's American debut), which makes it a standard Archie story, really. Unfortunately the George Gray-esque host goes unnamed.

Bonus relevant panel. While I know of at least a dozen Archie Comics Jeopardy parodies, references to actual Jeopardy are few and far between.

LucarioSnooperVixey

Weakest Link returned for a special holiday episode.

First time ever in this version, a PERFECT chain.
Douglas Squasoni
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:02 pm Weakest Link returned for a special holiday episode.

Strongest link determined by who answered the Q worth the most money.

3 players left.

A is voting for B who would be harder to beat in the finals while C would be easier. The vote is a tie. C is the strongest link and had voted for A. C could change to B, but stuck with A. B beat C in the finals.

Jane was loaded with holiday puns and the players had some of their own on the way out.

All of the Santas had real beards.
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Post by cinemaniax7 »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:02 pm Weakest Link returned for a special holiday episode.

I confess, I rather enjoyed this themed episode. There were a number of strong players, and most were in a jolly mood, particularly the elf. Each one seemed bummed every time they had to vote someone off. Jane "the Grinch" Lynch went pretty easy on the contestants despite their mock-able seasonal obsession. All in all, very festive.