LL Season 94

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

LL Season 94

Post by morbeedo »

LL94 starts Monday, August 29. Rundles not yet populated.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Re: LL Season 94

Post by MattKnowles »

Rundles are up. C Foundry Div 2 for me again. The rondel for Foundry is still an anvil. I checked to see if any of the Jeopardy! superchampions have joined and there's no AmodioM this season but there is a RoachM.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
ouachiouat
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by ouachiouat »

I'm back, baby! I took a season off for a 5-week work trip, and now I'm back in C Serengeti 2. It'll be my first time playing the guy I referred a couple years ago, too, which will be fun. Looking forward to the season! I've missed LL, frustrations, joys, and all.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

My 2nd straight demotion -- in D now. Ah well, that's the way it goes.
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

I had planned to retire from playing regular season LL, but here I am in Rundle D Plaza Div 3.

Best of luck to everyone in LL 94!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I got moved to the 'Cherry' rundle. Blecch. What an awful name. At least 'Cherry Tree' might've been OK. Also got re-promoted back to A. A lot of names I don't recognize. I dislike re-alignments. And get off my damn lawn, wouldja?
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

I'm in E Taiga Div 1 after losing every which way last season. The E and D rundles have both been split into 3 divisions, so there are only 22 in Div 1 and 20 in the other two. Last season we had 36 players in the rundle. Three get promoted of 22, so that will be 9 spots promoted out of 62, vs 8 last season out of 72.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

A bit unsettled at the moment so taking the seaosn off. I'll try to keep current achieve currency meanwhile.
I'm smart and I want respect.
NoWhammies10
Relaxing In The Hot Tub

Post by NoWhammies10 »

Found myself surprisingly promoted to A Midland after finishing 6th last season. Good luck all round on this opening MD!

Don't forfeit! Don't cheat!
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

Had a 6(5)-4(4) win yesterday. Got a little lucky on Q2, as I completely misread the question and thought they only wanted the last name of the character....so I put "Doo" and was counted right. Was 0'd for that one anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered in the match, but I'll take the TCA boost. My miss was Nicotine.

Best of luck to all this season!
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

ouachiouat wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:03 am Had a 6(5)-4(4) win yesterday. Got a little lucky on Q2, as I completely misread the question and thought they only wanted the last name of the character....so I put "Doo" and was counted right. Was 0'd for that one anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered in the match, but I'll take the TCA boost. My miss was Nicotine.

Best of luck to all this season!
As an organic chemist, I would have been forever shamed had I not got that one, but it took me way too long. I started out thinking about the tropane alkaloids (cocaine, atropine, scopolamine) that are present in belladonna, but ran aground because they all have oxygen and no familiar common name (well, except cocaine). Then I retreated to pyridine derivatives and fortunately recalled nicotinic acid and it all fell into place. Still lost to a six-pack when my opponent correctly parsed the temperatures clue.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Maine as the MCWA for Q1 has to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen in LL history.

I got a lucky win with only four right. I said cocaine instead of nicotine and couldn't remember Cassidy Hutchinson's name.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I had three right and won on a forfeit. Guessed Indonesia for the country, no guess on nicotine, and couldn't remember the woman's name as she seems to have entered and left the national stage quickly.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:51 am Maine as the MCWA for Q1 has to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen in LL history.
I've been in Maine when it was below zero, so that was an easy elimination.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

alietr wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:41 am
This Is Kirk! wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:51 am Maine as the MCWA for Q1 has to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen in LL history.
So...you've been in Maine. :D
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Volante wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:51 am
:D Yeah, pretty much.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

alietr wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:58 am
Volante wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:51 am
:D Yeah, pretty much.
I just helped my son move into college today in Waterville, ME. Temperature: 91F. Tell me about those cold temperatures….
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

I missed the Hawaii question. I thought it got hotter than 100° in Hawaii. Pretty befuddling question without knowing that.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Little demoralizing to get a beer and drop in standing...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

8 in my group had a 9(6) and all of us played another who had the same, with no one winning with the perfecto. :roll: