Is it overdue for a new set to be rolled out?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

jeopardyfan939
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Is it overdue for a new set to be rolled out?

Post by jeopardyfan939 »

Normally, Jeopardy! gets a new set every 4-7 seasons. The current set is an exception since it's been in use for almost a decade already, even though it was tweaked for Season 37 and again last season. And in my thinking, TPTB didn't want a completely new set until after Alex left the program. But after Alex passed away, the producers were scrambling with finding a new host to replace him. Mike Richards was named the host but only lasted one taping day, and then they rotated between Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings. Both were named the permanent co-hosts starting this season, and then audiences returned to the studio.

Back to topic, we haven't seen a completely new set since Season 30. And this brings me to my question. Is it long overdue for there to be a new set to be introduced?
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Re: Is it overdue for a new set to be rolled out?

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Last year saw a change in set. It just wasn't as massive as previous set changes.
Douglas Squasoni
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

We are long overdue for a new set. Hopefully for the 40th season we will see a brand new set.
jeopardyfan939

Post by jeopardyfan939 »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:45 am Last year saw a change in set. It just wasn't as massive as previous set changes.
The set changes we saw the last couple of seasons were similar to the Ken Jennings set being modified in Season 23 in that they were just modifications to an existing set as opposed to a complete overhaul. The last time Jeopardy! rolled out a completely new set was Season 30. And yes it's long overdue.
jeopardyfan939

Post by jeopardyfan939 »

kingskip wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:45 pm We are long overdue for a new set. Hopefully for the 40th season we will see a brand new set.
There definitely needs to be a new set next season, if not later this season. But I'm curious as to when the time comes for an entirely new set to be rolled out, if TPTB will keep the contestant lecterns spaced 6 feet apart from one another despite most COVID restrictions being dropped (including having the audience back in the studio). I say this because prior to COVID, the lecterns used to fit in a 4:3 aspect ratio frame, and hardly anyone has a 4:3 TV anymore. With the lecterns spaced the way they are today, they fit perfectly in a 16:9 frame, and the outermost lecterns would be cut off if you were watching with a 4:3 TV (unless the producers decided to show it in letterbox format).