FJs for the 1/30/23 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 1/30/23 week?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:51 pm

Originally relating to a story of suffering, this word now more commonly refers to strong emotion of any kind
28%
5 U.S. states have 6-letter names; only these 2 west of the Mississippi River border each other
81%
Published in 2011, P.D. James' final novel, "Death Comes to Pemberley", was a sequel to this novel from 200 years earlier
43%
Poseidon carried off the maiden Theophane & turned her into a ewe; their offspring was the source of this mythical object
83%
Mimi Reinhard, who never learned to type using more than 2 fingers, produced this with 1,100 names, including hers
65%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  I checked all five above.
9%
:( :( :( :( :(  I missed all the FJ! clues.
1%
EXPLORATION $2000: Francisco de Coronado found what was supposed to be the 7 Golden Cities of this; they turned out to be a simple Zuni pueblo
35%
THE BOOK'S SUPPORTING CHARACTERS $2000: Weena, an Eloi, & Morlocks, as the main guy really gets around
71%
BIG RIVER $2000: The name of this great river comes from words meaning "place to paddle" in the language of the Warao of Venezuela
68%
I had Oregon but not Nevada for the Tuesday FJ! clue.
6%
I had Nevada but not Oregon for the Tuesday FJ! clue.
1%
Kansas was part of my incorrect guess for the Tuesday FJ! clue.
9%
I have traveled over the Oregon and Nevada border on land.
6%
I have set foot in Nevada.
68%
I have set foot in Oregon.
42%
I missed the Wednesday FJ! clue with a Bronte sister work.
9%
I had the wrong Austen title for the Wednesday FJ! clue.
9%
Like Mimi Reinhard from the Friday FJ! clue, I am a 2-finger typist.
12%
I can type with two hands without looking at the keyboard.
67%
SCI-FI & FANTASY $800: This Joe Haldeman classic tells of William Mandella, who fights the interstellar Taurans for a really long time  - I was correct with The Forever War.
20%

Total votes: 69

alietr
Site Admin

Re: FJs for the 1/30/23 week

Post by alietr »

opusthepenguin wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:58 pm
AFRET CMS wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:26 pm And I HATE texting. I can accomplish more in a 30-second phone discussion than I can in a 10-minute text exchange, partly because I'm so slow. Typing is about 40-50 WPM, texting might be 100 WPH.
I use messages.google.com. I type the text on my computer and it sends it via my phone's text messaging system. If I'm away from my computer, I tend not to text anything longer than "heading home" or "aliens have landed".
How quickly can you type, "The aliens have taken me up to their sh"?